• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Driving into cyclists the Emma way

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A couple of months old but both riders hit were from ARA Sunshine Coast (Jay Vine's old team)

The driver even crossed 3 lanes to hit the second rider head on, so hopefully there's a chance that the attempted murder charges actually stick, because this guy seems a total scumbag.

Last week someone crashed into me when I was in the crosswalk since it was night time so didn’t want to ride in the rode in Vegas with all the drunk driving and I had the right of way and everything, the person never yielded or even looked and the officer wrote me a citation saying I should have been walking my bike and refused to look at the video evidence of the dash cam of someone or my helmet

Last week someone crashed into me when I was in the crosswalk since it was night time so didn’t want to ride in the rode in Vegas with all the drunk driving and I had the right of way and everything, the person never yielded or even looked and the officer wrote me a citation saying I should have been walking my bike and refused to look at the video evidence of the dash cam of someone or my helmet
Even worse, after seeing the police report not only did the officer incorrectly state what happened, if he bothered to watch any of the videos it would have been easily corrected.

• Sad
Reactions: Cookster15
This is season is starting off pretty typically..some accidents..all levels of riders,drivers,vehicles and injuries including death..
As people who drive we have to take some responsibility for everything. As consumers,drivers, voters and citizens we need to demand that cars and technology be limited while driving,not expanded or encouraged. Anything that distracts you from driving needs to be eliminated at all levels,design and through the law. Big flat screens and other steering wheel features should be discouraged. Laws about alcohol and drug use while driving are logical and necessary. But laws w stricter penalties for distracted driving,texting and telephones should be as punitive and enforced by any means necessary..and now that texting is killing more young drivers than drunk or impaired driving some changes to law enforcement and vehicle sales and operation are an emergency.
crazy that more and more stories about bike riders and racers are not used as data for change..

Here’s another case of a driver swerving onto the shoulder to mow down and kill a cyclist, in Marin County,CA.

And again the media’s stupid euphemistic phrasing “killed in a collision”. If someone punches and badly injured a stranger in a bar, the media don’t report it as “patron has face injured in collision.”

• Sad
Reactions: movingtarget
I’ve finally been able to start working out back to 4 times a week vs 1-2 though my thumb still can’t bend and ankle and knee gets hard on a bike. Haven’t bought a new bike to replace the old one so just doing indoor which is good since can play my switch as well. Then also good news, looks like the cop never filed the citation so that’s good.

TRENDING THREADS