• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

E3 Prijs

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
Boonen has been looking by far the strongest. Rabobank as a team has been very strong as well and of course quick step. A bit surprisingly Columbia has had lots of guys near the front as well.

Don't worry...it is Hincapie. he'll find a way to mess it up. ;-)

Looking like it will be Boonen, although Pozzato could give him a run for it in the sprint.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
jaylew said:
You gotta think Iglinksy is going to attack or at least stop pulling at some point. He's got no chance against Boonen and Pozzato.

Ha ha--he just did!
right after kissing a medal and making the sign of the cross!!

ultimo kilomtro

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Good race of the Quick Step team. Nice ride from Pozatto too, even though he was isolated....
I would not have expected Iglinsky there, but he did well.

And I'm not sure what to think of the Rabo's anymore. They're at the front almost constantly, but when the end comes near...They appear to come short somehow...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Great race, great winner, but i still think Nuyens will win next week. He has done this before. Last year for example. Not brilliant in the E3 and a great RvV.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
From that Sporza.be coverage that Mellow Velo posted, It sounded like Haussler got shelled after Boonen attacked on the Taaienberg. Maybe you're right about trying to save himslef, since Boonen was obligated to race hard today.

Haussler was there for most of the race but whenever the tempo got turned up it was only Hushovd out of the Cerv?lo guys that could follow. At the bottom of the Taaienberg Cervelo lined up 3-4 guys at the front and when Boonen attacked you see them all follow one by one at the front. By the end of Taaienberg it was Hushovd and Flecha that caught Boonen while the others didn't join until after the decent.

That's how it looked throughout the race. Haussler and Hunt was near the front but dropped back when the speed was turned up in the climbs.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Power13 said:
BIG difference between winning sprints and (almost) MSR and the Belgian classics. I don't really expect Hausler to be much of a factor.

Didn't watch the Omloop and Dwars door Vlaanderen? Haussler proved there something, both times best man in the race. He didn't show anything good today though..

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bartoli said:
Didn't watch the Omloop and Dwars door Vlaanderen? Haussler proved there something, both times best man in the race. He didn't show anything good today though..

Have you compared the length of those races vs. Flanders? Do that and get back to me, 'k?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Plus he's only 25 in his 4th season, and proving to be more of a protagonist than most of his elders.

Absolutely agree that the guy has tons of potential for the future.....but that doesn't mean he is suddenly gonna get a result at Flanders this year.

Haussler has only participated in RVV three times before and finished twice and never been near the front at the end. Goin from that to having a shot a winning is a bit much to hope for in my opinion. I'm guessing he might do his best RVV yet but he'll probably finish around 20-30th place 2-5 minutes down on the winner. That's my prediction at least. If he does better then well done to him...

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
I never declared that he's going to get a result at Flanders this year, just agreed to the notion that he might be conserving energy because he knew that Boonen had to work hard today. On paper Haussler is more suited for Gent, or a really lucky Roubaix, that's for sure. But the Northern classics are more of a crap shoot than any other racing throughout the year. The second you start counting people out, that's how so many favorites loose races. Especially when it's a 25 year old that is one of the more attacking style riders out there.

Next weekend is going to be crazy fun!!!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
I never declared that he's going to get a result at Flanders this year, just agreed to the notion that he might be conserving energy because he knew that Boonen had to work hard today. On paper Haussler is more suited for Gent, or a really lucky Roubaix, that's for sure. But the Northern classics are more of a crap shoot than any other racing throughout the year. The second you start counting people out, that's how so many favorites loose races. Especially when it's a 25 year old that is one of the more attacking style riders out there.

Next weekend is going to be crazy fun!!!

I don't disagree with any of that....and I ABSOLUTELY am counting him in for G-W.