• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 116 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think Uran will do much and I don't think that EF will get a stage win.

Stage podium? Maybe TTT or Van den Berg, especially if some of the stages end up in a reduced group sprint.

I don't expect to much from Uran either, Van den Berg could definitely surprise. Stage 1 if made hard or definitely stage 6 should be hard enough to drop really fast guys. I don't think there are a lot better climbing sprinters in the peloton than him.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Zrzut-ekranu-2024-02-09-112007.png

What an exciting team for Strade Bianche.
What an underwhelming performance compared to what these names should have been capable of.

You could say that about everyone today tho.
I don't think so?

Lotto Dstny did great, for example.

Pretty much all teams represented in the group behind Pogacar were not as underwhelming as EF, because I don't think any other team has had as many options on paper as EF had with Healy, Powless, Bettiol and Carapaz (and should've added Honore if not for the fact that he's been pretty mediocre for more than 2 years now).

Great efforts by Healy and Carapaz
I would agree great effort by Healy. Bodes well for his classics season.

I have to think that when EF paid up to acquire Carapaz, they’d hoped for more than him being the last man standing in a doomed break at TA. He has always been a rider with good peaks who struggles to hold form throughout the year. While tour podium is probably not possible, I don’t think EF can be happy with the Carapaz investment unless he finds the form to win a mountain stage or two and contends for polka dots at the tour. Hope he can find the form for something like that.

I have to think that when EF paid up to acquire Carapaz, they’d hoped for more than him being the last man standing in a doomed break at TA. He has always been a rider with good peaks who struggles to hold form throughout the year. While tour podium is probably not possible, I don’t think EF can be happy with the Carapaz investment unless he finds the form to win a mountain stage or two and contends for polka dots at the tour. Hope he can find the form for something like that.
Wow, I would never think that Carapaz in polka dots is a thing. And I also don't know what direction EF goes in as tours are coming, They have a thing were they send someone for lots of camera time and get that exposure, but it's doesn't look like they believe that they can win. Some improvements to their roster, but so has everyone else. I am underwhelmed by their business plan. Don't get me wrong, having Froome, makes me dismiss your entire organization.. Riggy Uran is still okay, doesn't bring shame to the team.

Let's be honest, Carapaz has been a bust at EF, though his early crash at the Tour last year was unfortunate. EF is better at developing young riders in general, I think, although they have rarely had the money to play in the transfer market.

Let's be honest, Carapaz has been a bust at EF, though his early crash at the Tour last year was unfortunate. EF is better at developing young riders in general, I think, although they have rarely had the money to play in the transfer market.
Would have to agree with your assessment to date, but I hope that if he can stay injury free that he can ride into some form. It’s not like he’s too old. There is still a chance for him to make good on the pile of cash EF forked over to get him. Two stages at the tour, or a stage plus polka dots makes good in my book.

Would have to agree with your assessment to date, but I hope that if he can stay injury free that he can ride into some form. It’s not like he’s too old. There is still a chance for him to make good on the pile of cash EF forked over to get him. Two stages at the tour, or a stage plus polka dots makes good in my book.
oh god...not the KOM, i have no respect for that competition

At this point in 2024, EF is thirteenth in UCI points scored for the season.

Breakdown for UCI World teams ranking​

Breakdown for the UCI world teams ranking. Points of the best 20 riders on the team are counted (until 2022 it was the best 10 riders). Points taken from the calendar year.

2024-03-12

oh god...not the KOM, i have no respect for that competition
At this point its sole purpose seems to be to give commentators something to talk about in the middle of the race. But that’s not such a good thing because despite of its insignificance, they will starting talking about next KOM line on some Cat 3 climb when it’s still 5 km away, and will count down the kms and all their road details until it arrives.

Let's say a competitive top 5 in the Tour. Stagehunting is going to be tough because no one will want to ride with him on a mountain stage break . He will have a better chance from the peloton.
At this point in 2024, EF is thirteenth in UCI points scored for the season.

Breakdown for UCI World teams ranking​

Breakdown for the UCI world teams ranking. Points of the best 20 riders on the team are counted (until 2022 it was the best 10 riders). Points taken from the calendar year.

2024-03-12
Why is their best rider not on the list?

• Wow
Van den Berg is apparently riding Catalunya, so EF leaderless again in those northern classics that often end up with a big group sprint like De Panne.

Man, they really could use another quick guy.
Van den Berg wearing the 1 for Catalunya.
He will outclimb everyone and win the sprints.

EF lineup for the race...

EF Education - EasyPost (WT)

UCI ranking points updated today. Still 6 riders that have not scored a single point.

Last edited: