• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eki frustrated by AC's comments

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
I thought you were not supposed to discuss this topic HERE.

As I stated before. Take your proof where a case can be made and throw the proverbial book at him.... but you can't, can you?

So what do you really have? Nothing.

So why hasn't "sue happy pappy" brought lawsuits against Ashenden, L'Equipe, Betsy Andreau, Walsh, Kimmage, and many others? I'll tell you why, the burden of proof in a civil trial is preponderance of the evidence, and he knows exactly where that lies.

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
So why hasn't "sue happy pappy" brought lawsuits against Ashenden, L'Equipe, Betsy Andreau, Walsh, Kimmage, and many others? I'll tell you why, the burden of proof in a civil trial is preponderance of the evidence, and he knows exactly where that lies.

Ouch, it hurts when the knife cuts both ways.

If all these people are liars Scott Socal should take them to court....and get laughed at.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:

You and Eva a cute together.

Interesting how flexible you both are, especially with the innocent until proven guilty. So guilty until proven innocent rules the day or is it just in this case?

Whatever makes you sleep at night I suppose. Thanks for the entertainment. I'll be off now.

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
You and Eva a cute together.

Interesting how flexible you both are, especially with the innocent until proven guilty. So guilty until proven innocent rules the day or is it just in this case?

Whatever makes you sleep at night I suppose. Thanks for the entertainment. I'll be off now.

Look, just because you are ignorant and do not know the difference between the burden of proof in a civil versus criminal trial isn't my problem. The FACT is that Mr Armstrong can take these people to court for slandering his character ANY TIME he wants. He was suing left and right until those 6 samples came to light. Hmm....there is a dot, and there is another one....let me see if I can draw a line between the two.

BTW, its always best to run when you are faced with questions you cannot answer.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong Celebration in Doubt as Debate Heats Up in Aspen

Perhaps they're inviting Alberto?

Is this karma?

(No flames, please; humour is always better for all concerned)

New York Times

July 31, 2009
Armstrong Celebration in Doubt as Debate Heats Up in Aspen
By NATE PETERSON

ASPEN, Colo. — Dumpster-diving black bears have been back in the local headlines this week, but they have had some notable competition on the front pages and in the opinion sections of the two local daily newspapers.

The other big news? The debate among residents and elected officials about whether the city should host a day commemorating Lance Armstrong, who bought a $9 million second home here last year.

At a City Council meeting Monday night, Mayor Mick Ireland, an avid cyclist, proposed drafting a proclamation and hosting an official celebration for Armstrong, the seven-time Tour de France champion, who finished third this year after a three-and-a-half-year retirement.

“I thought it was a natural thing to do,” said Ireland, who had no details for a celebration. “It seems perfectly appropriate to acknowledge someone who is a part-time resident.”

But two of the other four council members did not see it that way.

One, Steve Skadron, said that honoring someone who “has lived here all of five minutes” was a cheap way of capitalizing on Armstrong’s celebrity and that the city should respect his privacy. Another councilman, Dwayne Romero, said Aspen should focus on supporting local athletes, including those riding in a coming charity ride to raise money for breast cancer research.

The next day, after a front-page article in The Aspen Times, readers offered their own sentiments with a stream of comments on the paper’s Web site and in letters that appeared in print.

Armstrong, whose primary home is in Austin, Tex., and who owns a ranch elsewhere in Texas, did not weigh in himself; he is vacationing in the Bahamas.

His only contact with the news media, via his Twitter account, dealt with another controversy: a war of words with the Tour winner, Alberto Contador of Spain, his chief rival and teammate this year.

After Contador revealed his dislike and lack of admiration for Armstrong in a news conference Monday and Armstrong fired back on Twitter, more reports detailing a testy relationship between them have emerged.

El País, a Spanish newspaper, reported that on the Mont Ventoux stage of the Tour, Ivan Gutierrez, another Spanish rider, said that he offered Contador his water bottle but that Armstrong picked it off and drank it himself, then turned back to say something to Contador. El País also reported that Armstrong took the last Astana team car after one Tour stage and left Contador stranded, forcing him to get a ride with his brother.

In Aspen, though, the Contador-Armstrong drama took a back seat to the back-and-forth about the proposed Armstrong celebration — especially after an article in The Aspen Times on Wednesday about the local Chamber Resort Association announcing support of it.

One comment posted on the paper’s Web site said in part about Armstrong, “His only notable achievement in our community is moving here.”

Another said, “Mayor Mick is acting like a 12-year-old who is star struck.”

But a rebuttal comment said, “Lance should be honored, and our community and children can learn from his story — which goes way beyond winning bike races.”

For some of Armstrong’s friends in Aspen, the controversy was humorous, if nothing else.

“This town specializes in silliness,” said Charlie Tarver, a longtime resident and a friend of Armstrong.

Tarver, who has numerous jerseys signed by Armstrong displayed in his bike shop, the Hub of Aspen, said he thought Armstrong would be open to a local celebration if it was done the right way.

“For him, the reason he returned to cycling wasn’t for him and it wasn’t for the fame,” Tarver said. “It was for Livestrong and spreading his message of fighting cancer. I’m sure it would be well received if it was about that.”

Max Taam, a training partner who raced on Armstrong’s team in a local 12-hour mountain biking race last summer, agreed. He said Armstrong was accustomed to appearing at events all over the globe in support of his Livestrong foundation.

“I doubt he wants a parade,” Taam said.

Ireland said the proposed celebration was in limbo after another local friend of Armstrong relayed the message to the mayor that Armstrong would weigh in on a possible public event when he returned from vacation.

Armstrong previously agreed to appear at a speaking engagement at the Aspen Institute this summer, but no date has been set.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/sp...tml?ref=sports

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
biker77 said:
To paint AC in a negative light, shows how many LA fans are on the forum. Ac has not done anything other than be younger and better. He has showed remarkable constraint if the media reports about the team hostility are true.

If the reports are not true and Astana were the most unified team ever, what did AC do wrong other than put a knackered Kloden in trouble to win the TDF?

He should not have attacked on Arcalis because it was against team orders? BS. What kind of team does not send the best climber in the world out on the attack on the first mountain finish if they have the legs?

+1. And what the Lance formula from 1999-2005? Attack on the first mountain stage. Contador did what he needed to do to win the TdF and he did it despite what must have been a very tense environment with far greater mental challenges than just being the maillot jaune. Class act.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
+1. And what the Lance formula from 1999-2005? Attack on the first mountain stage. Contador did what he needed to do to win the TdF and he did it despite what must have been a very tense environment with far greater mental challenges than just being the maillot jaune. Class act.

Alberto behaved honorably, bravely, and above all, he rose above the pettiness thrown at him by LA & Co.

Eki can stand to learn a few things about being a class act...doubt he saw it from the patron in his USP days.....Spaseeba!! :D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
slimkay said:
Got news for you. I doubt Lance cares about what you think.
Sounds to me like all you got is sour grapes.

Lance being a jerk is just a loserspeak term for extremely competitive. All great competitors - or most of them - were "jerks."

Wipe your face off...you have a little lance on it.

totally_lance

BANNED
Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
What's going on in twitter land today?

I love Lance!

kate_lance_nyc.jpg

TRENDING THREADS