• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

European Road Championships 2022, Munich, August 14-21

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just take a moment to appreciate the Netherland jersey :O

They've mixed colours together in a micro pattern (red and white) to create a third colour (extremely light soft orange) which are all in their flags or are their traditional country colour. It's such a brilliant use of colour, whether the jersey is good looking or not, I just appreciate the cleverness!

Why are they racing in the back of a construction site?
Are you not entertained?

FaH1qEOWQAA3n2K
According to portuguese eurosport, that's where Oktoberfest happens.
Just to add to this: Oktoberfest takes place on Theresienwiese which is a normally a massive empty square (42ha) where people go skating and other stuff. But the big beer tents take quite some while to be constructed so they start every year in July going from this:
1644608984-so-leer-wie-im-bild-wird-theresienwiese-am-23-mai-nicht-sein-dann-wird-dort-fastenbrechen-gefeiert-oaF8VNt37BG.jpg
to this:
18570278_101.jpg

With it starting in a month it indeed looks like a construction site right now, I don't know why they decided to go through there, it's not like the Oktoberfest needs any more advertising.

Anyway, pointless race from a cycling perspective, I did pitty the (single!) German commentator who basically had to talk for 5 hours about landscape and seightseeing. With one km to go I thought Italy would own this but what a mess. Chapeau to Bisseger for at least trying there at the end.

Just to add to this: Oktoberfest takes place on Theresienwiese which is a normally a massive empty square (42ha) where people go skating and other stuff. But the big beer tents take quite some while to be constructed so they start every year in July going from this:
1644608984-so-leer-wie-im-bild-wird-theresienwiese-am-23-mai-nicht-sein-dann-wird-dort-fastenbrechen-gefeiert-oaF8VNt37BG.jpg
to this:
18570278_101.jpg

With it starting in a month it indeed looks like a construction site right now, I don't know why they decided to go through there, it's not like the Oktoberfest needs any more advertising.

Anyway, pointless race from a cycling perspective, I did pitty the (single!) German commentator who basically had to talk for 5 hours about landscape and seightseeing. With one km to go I thought Italy would own this but what a mess. Chapeau to Bisseger for at least trying there at the end.
Great post

TRENDING THREADS