• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Eurosport commentary

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Nirvana said:
argyllflyer said:
Nirvana said:
Some of this races were broadcasted only on the british version.
The most funny thing is that Tre Valli, an italian race, wasn't broadcasted here in Italy.
Not even on Italian TV? ES has regional rights. For example, the Tour of Britain was shown live on UK TV (ITV4) but was shown elsewhere in Europe on Eurosport.
Highlights on Raisport in the evening like the majority of italian races outside RCS (and Gran Piemonte), only Trentino and Emilia was shown live.
Tre Valli Varesine was live on Rai 3
 
The NOS never really showed the Giro unless last year when it began in the Netherlands and Kruijswijk led the race. I still remember being supermad back in 2015, because the NOS never showed the ttt like scheduled and my IPTV arrived just days later.

Eurosport struck up a major deal with RCS & IMG that includes 4 hours live coverage of the Giro and adds the Tour of Utah and Tour de Romandie to it's portfolio.

As a German this is great news obviously. Coming from the BeNeLux countries of course the Sporza commentators will be greatly missed. If Eurosport NL would simply buy in Paul D'Hoore again for the Giro nothing would be wrong with their coverage though. Ain't gonna happen of course.
 
I'm a bit sad that Eurosport apparently has got exclusive rights to the Giro. I much prefer the commentating on Danish TV2...
Bit of a question for the people with Player. Does anyone know who commentated the CEGRR? I thought they were pretty good, except for referring to Rolf Sørensen as the older brother of Nicki Sørensen, and continuously referring to Sergio and Sebastian Henao as the Henao brothers. But I guess that's just one of those things commentators will never get right.
 
Yes, its pretty sad to see the Giro leave TV2, but we still have ES, so its honestly not a huge deal. It was cozy tho and no adds was a huge plus, but I can live with that. I also do like watching cycling on ES with the danish commentators, I think Thomas Bay and Brian Holm is the best pair imaginable, but unfortunately Brian doesn't get to commentate that often.
 
Re:

RedheadDane said:
I'm a bit sad that Eurosport apparently has got exclusive rights to the Giro. I much prefer the commentating on Danish TV2...
Bit of a question for the people with Player. Does anyone know who commentated the CEGRR? I thought they were pretty good, except for referring to Rolf Sørensen as the older brother of Nicki Sørensen, and continuously referring to Sergio and Sebastian Henao as the Henao brothers. But I guess that's just one of those things commentators will never get right.
They got the pan european (+Australia) exclusive of all RCS races until 2020.

And it's not the only one:
The new four-year extension offers more exclusivity* to Eurosport in Europe and Australia, as well as including a wide range of additional races available on Eurosport and the Eurosport Player. The new races now available exclusively include the six Flanders Classics single-stage races - including the iconic World Tour race Gent-Wevelgem - Tour of Romandie, Tour of Britain, Tour of Utah and Tour of Alberta.
http://corporate.eurosport.com/news-detail/?id=6850
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
Re: Re:

Nirvana said:
RedheadDane said:
I'm a bit sad that Eurosport apparently has got exclusive rights to the Giro. I much prefer the commentating on Danish TV2...
Bit of a question for the people with Player. Does anyone know who commentated the CEGRR? I thought they were pretty good, except for referring to Rolf Sørensen as the older brother of Nicki Sørensen, and continuously referring to Sergio and Sebastian Henao as the Henao brothers. But I guess that's just one of those things commentators will never get right.
They got the pan european (+Australia) exclusive of all RCS races until 2020.

And it's not the only one:
The new four-year extension offers more exclusivity* to Eurosport in Europe and Australia, as well as including a wide range of additional races available on Eurosport and the Eurosport Player. The new races now available exclusively include the six Flanders Classics single-stage races - including the iconic World Tour race Gent-Wevelgem - Tour of Romandie, Tour of Britain, Tour of Utah and Tour of Alberta.
http://corporate.eurosport.com/news-detail/?id=6850
So that means the Omloop and DDV might be on it so.
 
Interesting news for the "Coppa Italia", this year we'll have 7 races with live coverage (GP Industria e Artigianato, ex Trentino, Agostoni, Bernocchi, Emilia, Beghelli and Tre Valli) and the others with 45' highlights all showed not only on Raisport but in (at least) 15 countries:
UK and Italy on Bike Channel
Belgium on Eleven Sports Channel
France on l'Equipe
Denmark on TV2
Poland, Ukraine, Singapore, Taiwan and some African countries on Econet

http://www.cicloweb.it/2017/02/01/ufficializzato-laccordo-in-italia-nasce-la-ciclismo-cup-con-la-diretta-tv-di-meta-delle-gare/
 
Re:

TMP402 said:
Dubai was not Hatch and Smith today.
Just further on that, Matt Rendell and Rob Hayles are doing the international English speaking commentary for any markets picking up the race (and also for online highlights) but British Eurosport do not use this feed.
 
Re: Re:

argyllflyer said:
TMP402 said:
Dubai was not Hatch and Smith today.
Just further on that, Matt Rendell and Rob Hayles are doing the international English speaking commentary for any markets picking up the race (and also for online highlights) but British Eurosport do not use this feed.
Right - I had Rendell and Hayles. How many countries get the international commentary?
 
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
argyllflyer said:
TMP402 said:
Dubai was not Hatch and Smith today.
Just further on that, Matt Rendell and Rob Hayles are doing the international English speaking commentary for any markets picking up the race (and also for online highlights) but British Eurosport do not use this feed.
Right - I had Rendell and Hayles. How many countries get the international commentary?
I'm not sure to be honest - were you watching ES International or another channel? I know ES International does sometimes use the available feed from host broadcaster, I remember Tirreno-Adriatico a few years back did, for example as I saw/heard the footage on youtube. It could be a thing with RCS-owned races I suppose.
 
Re:

argyllflyer said:
British Eurosport commentary pairings so far:

Cadel Evans Great Ocean Race: Kirby & Stephens
Dubai Tour: Hatch & Smith
Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana: Kirby & Stephens
Herald Sun Tour: Phil Liggett & Mat Keenan (bought in package)
Vuelta a Andalucia: tbc
Volta ao Algarve: tbc
Really good to see Algarve being televised.
 
I usually enjoy the english-speaking broadcasts, I put up with the mistakes, bias, but there's nothing to be mad about, really. Call me lenient :eek: .

In France, it looks like Adam is out. Not that I get much of his broadcasts, but when I do, yikes...he sucks. Good riddance.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS