• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Evans 2010 -what's changed?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:
You should drop him a note on his guestbook and ask him; maybe he will update it just for you.;) , since you are a closet lover boy:D

He does reply to them which is actually awesome. I have had 3 replies from. He complimented me!:):D

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
I
Kudos to you for riding in Melbourne. It is savage down there on the roads. I .

I don't think Melbourne roads are that bad. Sure you get the odd idiot, but if you pay attention on the roads and respect other users your fine.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
mherm79 said:
I don't think Melbourne roads are that bad. Sure you get the odd idiot, but if you pay attention on the roads and respect other users your fine.

Good to hear. After that whole Magda Szubanski incident last year I heard some horribly comments thrown out on forums and in comment sections for newspapers. Almost enough to make one ashamed to drive a car and hold a license in this country.:)

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:
For goodness sake, stop with the c o c k measuring contest...these threads have become Armstrongesque...If you are a Cadel fan apparently your tongue is so far up Cadels a r s e, Cadel doesn't know whether it is his or yours and if you are not a Cadel fan then you are the biggest b a s t a r d that walked the earth.

I come here to have a laugh and talk about cycling, currently I don't offer opinion on one (and I mean one) of my favourite cyclists, because by the time I have skimmed the s h i t that is posted in these threads you have done my phucking head in.

Currently there are two threads running perhaps it's time to put them all in one and you can do your best to out do each other as to who is the biggest p r i ck for or against Cadel.

Fair enough but that sounded like you wanted to measure yourself up as well. Don't take it so seriously. I don't and I assume the rest don't. This is just minor banter between cycling fans. Evans will always be a touchy subject, just like Wigans is. Maybe you overlooked the good points amongst the irritating ones? Evans new found confidence is good for him and cycling. He is one of the few guys challenging Spanish cycling supremacy and for that he deserves appluase. Plus for the first time in the past few years he is silencing critics. He is attacking and reaping the benefits. Credit should be given where it is due, and he deserves as much.

But on a side note, people can still comment about what we think makes the guy tick. If you really love him, that can sound harsh and unfair at times. It is simply (in my case) trying to explain the relationship between man, bike, team and his body and mind. What is working and what isn't and why/how things unfolded.

For all I know, Cadel could blow Liege apart and take a double win in the space of a week. That really would leave me guessing and trying to figure out how.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:
You should drop him a note on his guestbook and ask him; maybe he will update it just for you.;) , since you are a closet lover boy:D

Maybe I will. It would be good to know which GT he really is trying to win. The Giro or Tour. I could ask him that as well. My money is on the Tour, but I'll probably be wrong on that. Either way he will do really well at one of them. Heck he may do well at both.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Remaining races...
liege
giro
tour
worlds

that's it i think.

That is a big gap between the Tour and Worlds. Oh no, I'm hoping he hasn't changed his mind and thinks he can win the Worlds again. Haussler is supposed to win!:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
For all I know, Cadel could blow Liege apart and take a double win in the space of a week. That really would leave me guessing and trying to figure out how.

I do think you made a good point about his form for the giro as he is in very good form atm and will be interesting where his peak(s) will be at. Especially if he podiums or wins liege, that will be interesting.With the worlds, he knows he can't win the RR but i think he will have a go at the tt. I heard rumours that Canc was going to focus on the RR so he may think he has a chance in the tt. The climb in it is quite tough.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Maybe I will. It would be good to know which GT he really is trying to win. The Giro or Tour. I could ask him that as well. My money is on the Tour, but I'll probably be wrong on that. Either way he will do really well at one of them. Heck he may do well at both.
Tell you the truth I don't know what has changed since Santa and Ballan and Frei got put on the sideline; he was going for the win at Giro but with the team stretched so far I don't know now. I haven't voted on the poll for who would win the Giro because I know who I would like to win but I am not sure if he will win. I still don't think either parcourse is ideally suited to him, but he is really strong this year I wouldnt count him out of getting on the podium in either or both of the GTs.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
I dont think anything has changed.

He was in the exact same position in 2008. This year he got his timing right.

Got to say he does look fatter in that disgraceful kit this year.

I don't think you were ever going to like the kit. You just hate evans!:rolleyes:

mherm79 said:
Correct. I get a bit of grief occasionally, but it's more a lack of awareness than anything vindictive.
However, there are a few nutters out there. About a week ago, I was about 30 metres from a set of lights that had just turned green, and the cyclist ahead put his foot in the cleats, and started to ride. By this time I was about 10 metres behind him. An older guy (about 70), took off from the lights & then braked hard for no reason other than to try to spook the cyclist. Crazy.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Nick777 said:
Correct. I get a bit of grief occasionally, but it's more a lack of awareness than anything vindictive.
However, there are a few nutters out there. About a week ago, I was about 30 metres from a set of lights that had just turned green, and the cyclist ahead put his foot in the cleats, and started to ride. By this time I was about 10 metres behind him. An older guy (about 70), took off from the lights & then braked hard for no reason other than to try to spook the cyclist. Crazy.

not good. that's why it pays to stay alert. i probably cop just as many idiots when i'm driving, difference is the outcome if they hit you when on your bike

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
I was just watching again L-B-L & I can't help noticing that Cadel looks "thicker"-"bulkier".............:confused:

I kinda noticed that he does look a bit bulkier. Maybe he is doing that so he can be good for both the giro and the tour. Supposedly Sassi has been working with him on changes of pace on climbs. Before the ardennes classics, he was doing some climbing and tt practise in the Sierra nevada area where he lost the vuelta.

TRENDING THREADS