Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 397 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If Contador beats Froome, then I'll find you a good ol pic of Alberto and that you will have to use until 31/12!!
Deal.

pC8rQBcULWEQ5HxMKgMC56.jpg

If he's that much better then Primoz should have already crushed several Tours, but we know this isn't the case. He only gained on Remco last Vuelta, because the Belgian crashed hard. You have an exaggerated expectation, based on an eroneous assumption of how he started the Vuelta last year. None of this matters, because Remco will be up 1:30-2 minutes after stage 9 and won't fade in the third week.
Based on his last 2 GT performances, especially Giro, Remco will fade in the 3rd week.

Based on his last 2 GT performances, especially Giro, Remco will fade in the 3rd week.
I think he has a very confident personality and many races have tended to confirm it. He has bonked in the past though and results wise he has less reasons to be as confident as Pogacar pre-Ganon, so I would say it's likely he can make a mistake in managing his efforts.
And I abide my stand that this Giro was designed with Remco the boy in mind.

• Haha
Reactions: Extinction
I think he has a very confident personality and many races have tended to confirm it. He has bonked in the past though and results wise he has less reasons to be as confident as Pogacar pre-Ganon, so I would say it's likely he can make a mistake in managing his efforts.
And I abide my stand that this Giro was designed with Remco the boy in mind.
Confidence is good, especially when you back that up with results and performances, but if not, you end up kind of funny. Like Simon Yates...

I can't remeber that he crashed in that Giro?
Yeah, in a descend on stage 17. Also the reason why he DNF that giro. Not that it mattered for the GC because he gave up on that the stage before it when he didn't feel good at all. (3rd week kicking in)

1.5 years? But how was he lined for a GT just 8 months after injury? He and the team were obviously going for the win there, if I remember correctly.
Roglic pause was little less, 6 months, but he too went for the win in the first race, and he got it.
Comparing revalidation where you come from bed ridden, unable to walk, need regain all flexibility/muscles etc with a revalidation which did not impede riding ? Does anybody assume Bernal would have won his first race after getting back on the bike? and arguably Bernal accomplished a lot more than Remco before his heavy crash. Everybody can go tit for tat on those things, but don't let the hype around a name cluther the view on what is humany possible.

They didn't went to the Giro to win it, they went to get experience. Remco showed good numbers in training so they hoped he would do good ofcourse. But winning was never the goal ( at least not with Remco). That was all media and hype around the name Remco. And when he started extremely well it boosted hope (me and others included). (Actually very similar to Roglic flying when he started this year after some misfortune in the winter. Nothing bad with hoping he will do good right? But if he fails, will you say he doesn't have it? or say his winter caused a lower base? )