• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 643 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I've just read from a Slovenian source, that Roglič will compete on both 1 day races next week even though he won't be 100% ready for them. Source of that information was Mr. Denk according to Slovenian web site.
I already expressed my opinion - based on zero facts, of course :) - that Denk was being overly pessimistic in his statement. Maybe he's just not used to the guy being as motivated as Roglic to overcome injuries, I don't know... But 2021 is very illustrative in my opinion: crashed beyond recognition on June 28th and already attending Olympic road race on July 24th while taking a commanding victory in Olympic ITT on July 28th. It took him a month to get in top shape for ITT - it really was an astonishing achievement.

I share your low expectations for FW and LBL though, but I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up at the start...

Reactions: Sandisfan
I've just read from a Slovenian source, that Roglič will compete on both 1 day races next week even though he won't be 100% ready for them. Source of that information was Mr. Denk according to Slovenian web site.

I speed read this post so fast I read "Mr. Roglič" for some reason. I was thinking wow how very... formal.

I share your low expectations for FW and LBL though, but I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up at the start...

Does Rogla even start races he doesn't think he can win? I'm not trying to get my hopes up but I really don't see the point of riding around the Mur de Huy in circles if he doesn't think he has the kick to win it. Liège is a different matter of course because it's a monument (& Pog is there).

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Does Rogla even start races he doesn't think he can win? I'm not trying to get my hopes up but I really don't see the point of riding around the Mur de Huy in circles if he doesn't think he has the kick to win it. Liège is a different matter of course because it's a monument (& Pog is there).
I don’t think he usually does, but this may be a bit of an exceptional situation because he’s lacking race days with his new team.

Reactions: Oldermanish
I speed read this post so fast I read "Mr. Roglič" for some reason. I was thinking wow how very... formal.

Started WCRR in Leuven, and Denain and Sanremo in 2022

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Rogla has an unfinished business with FW, he won't finish his career until he stomps everyone there. So he may give it a try if he feels better.

No Flèche or Liège, apparently: https://www.indeleiderstrui.nl/wiel...moz-roglic-haakt-af-voor-klassiekers?twit=881

He doesn't want to jeopardize his altitude camp next month in preparation for the Tour. So I think we'll have to wait until the Dauphiné before we see Rog in action again.

It's probably for the best.

It's a good decision taken by Roglic and his staff. It would be stupid to take risks especially with his knee. Moreover, he had no chance of winning or even reach a place of honor.

I am anything but a supporter of Roglic, but I am convinced that of all the favorites, Roglic will be the best prepared for the Tour. Due to circumstances and his clever choice not to participate at the Ardennes. Vingegaard probably not participating at the Tour, or not in topshape. Evenepoel participating, but not in topshape. Pogacar (after the Giro), in shape but without physical freshness to perform three weeks at toplevel.

But I am not sure whether the fact that Roglic will be able to start the Tour best prepared will be enough to win.

It's a good decision taken by Roglic and his staff. It would be stupid to take risks especially with his knee. Moreover, he had no chance of winning or even reach a place of honor.

I am anything but a supporter of Roglic, but I am convinced that of all the favorites, Roglic will be the best prepared for the Tour. Due to circumstances and his clever choice not to participate at the Ardennes. Vingegaard probably not participating at the Tour, or not in topshape. Evenepoel participating, but not in topshape. Pogacar (after the Giro), in shape but without physical freshness to perform three weeks at toplevel.

But I am not sure whether the fact that Roglic will be able to start the Tour best prepared will be enough to win.
If he start at last year's Vuelta level, he will win.