• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 154 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My memory of that Giro is mostly Kruiswijk being far and away the best climber in the race before the snow bank incident, Nibali's resurgence and Chaves' fadeout. How Nibali lost all that time is a little fuzzy.
Got like 30th in the MTT and dropped another 2 minutes on Andalo where he didn't make the top 10. Kruijswijk only beat all the other GC riders once in the MTT where he got Foliforoved.

Got like 30th in the MTT and dropped another 2 minutes on Andalo where he didn't make the top 10. Kruijswijk only beat all the other GC riders once in the MTT where he got Foliforoved.

You still have to have a very serious antipathy for Kruijswijk instilled in your brain if you don't come to the conclusion that he was by far the best rider of that Giro. Which you obviously do.

Reactions: Sandisfan
You still have to have a very serious antipathy for Kruijswijk instilled in your brain if you don't come to the conclusion that he was by far the best rider of that Giro. Which you obviously do.
He was by far the best rider of a weak Giro up until the moment he crashed. And he crashed after Nibali put him on the limit. Valverdes good days were a good level but he also dropped 3 minutes on a bad day himself.

It was a Giro where everyone had at least 2 shocking days. And my favorite won that Giro, I don't have that much reason to *** on it. But I think it's not asinine to say that Kruijswijk was never the mythical climber some made him out to be but rather than he was handed a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and that he missed it.

Reactions: southwards
Then simply tell me who do they got if you cross Kruijswijk of the list? ATM i don't see it. Hence Kruijswijk will likely be there one way or another. And IMHO best to manage Kruijswijk in a way we will get to see the best version of Kruijswijk.
Having no one else doesn’t automatically mean they should keep investing into Kruijswijk. Well, we’ll see how he turns out now anyway, with his newfound approach he may turn out to be what they need after all… but to answer your question - Rohan Dennis comes to TJV next year. He can be a mountain domestique. He made that abundantly clear on Stelvio and Sestriere stages in Giro 2020. Maybe Tom. Who knows what he’s going to pick in the end - luxury domestique going for TT stages may be an option…

Having no one else doesn’t automatically mean they should keep investing into Kruijswijk. Well, we’ll see how he turns out now anyway, with his newfound approach he may turn out to be what they need after all… but to answer your question - Rohan Dennis comes to TJV next year. He can be a mountain domestique. He made that abundantly clear on Stelvio and Sestriere stages in Giro 2020. Maybe Tom. Who knows what he’s going to pick in the end - luxury domestique going for TT stages may be an option…
For third contender next to Roglic and Vingegaard my plan would basically be pray for Dumoulin. I wouldn't expect Van Aert to try it.

Yep! Couldn't stick with Nibs going downhill, like many others, and folded like a cheap suit.

To bring it back to Roglic he is Resilient! Beat him on the final stage of the TDF and he comes back and wins LBL and the Vuelta.
He crashes out of the TDF and comes back to win an Olympic Gold Medal. Now he's working on possibly the Vuelta again. A Mentality of Steel, always looks Ahead. The attitude of a Champion.

Last edited:
Yep! Couldn't stick with Nibs going downhill, like many others, and folded like a cheap suit.

To bring it back to Roglic he is Resilient! Beat him on the final stage of the TDF and he comes back and wins LBL and the Vuelta.
He crashes out of the TDF He couldn't stick with Colbrelli on the flat and folded like a cheap suit and comes back to win an Olympic Gold Medal. Now he's working on possibly the Vuelta again. A Mentality of Steel, always looks Ahead. The attitude of a Champion.
FTFY

• Haha
Reactions: Carols
I guess Primoz is being economic in his actions at this Vuelta, nothing really of notice is happening, except he appearing superior to everyone else (therefore not of notice) , so we discuss things marginally related to him, like his domestiques.

Next in line: Koen Bouwman. After that we may talk about Sepp Kuss. Perhaps at the end of the Vuelta we'll be chatting about Anthwan Tolhoek.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS