• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 200 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
OK Primož is not Terminator but did he hinted he might be Thor?

I didn't think it'd work out but on the day of the time trial I finally felt good, I was pain-free, riding my preferred discipline and so felt I finally had the hammer in my hand.

800px-M%C3%A5rten_Eskil_Winge_-_Tor%27s_Fight_with_the_Giants_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Never mind the giants. Look at the expression on the goat face.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

It's hammer time.

Total Class! :)

Agree. I like his words on Pogacar. He regards him a champion, a challenge. His words show a lot of respect for Pogacar.

Pogacar, on the other hand, has a lot of respect for Roglic - who had already fantastic victories in cycling, after becoming junior World Champion in ski jumping. This makes Primoz an athlete so special; I guess there has never been someone like him before. Pogacar and Bernal certainly would‘t want to jump from Planica‘s ski flying ski-jump.

The big three, Pog-Rog-Bernal, GT GC wise are superstrong, and all of these three are likeable, great persons and personalities...

Pogacar, on the other hand, has a lot of respect for Roglic - who had already fantastic victories in cycling, after becoming junior World Champion in ski jumping. This makes Primoz an athlete so special; I guess there has never been someone like him before.

Well, Bixente Lizarazu, after football, switched to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu... He also surfs and has done some other weird sports competitively. :D
There also is Eric Heiden, who did quite a switch for instance. But yes, I'm sure nobody else has ever successfully switched from ski-jumping to road cycling on such levels. :D

I thinks we should try to keep it fair. I mean one thing is to ride the whole (GT) peloton through cobbles and to shamelessly reduce the peloton in half while doing it. Making them all jump from Bloudkova velikanka is in my opinion a bit over the top. Considering currently only one of them is training this discipline during the off season. Primož training at Innsbruck:

Alpsolut_JM_565A5798-4350x4350.jpg

It would be much more fair if for example one of the stages would have a MTF at Bloudkova velikanka and the cyclists would ride the hill the other way around. From the bottom to the top:

800px-Bloudkova_velikanka_ski_jumps.jpg

On such terrain Roglič for sure would not have had such of an advantage!

Well, Bixente Lizarazu, after football, switched to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu... He also surfs and has done some other weird sports competitively. :D
There also is Eric Heiden, who did quite a switch for instance. But yes, I'm sure nobody else has ever successfully switched from ski-jumping to road cycling on such levels. :D
I've never really followed female cycling but still i remember that when i was a kid one of the best female cyclists was Maria Canins, she was already well into her 30s when she suddenly popped up and the commentators were always saiyng that she was a skier that stopped with skiing when she got married and had a child but then after some time decided to become a cyclist.

I'm too lazy to search but it's likely that here and there we can find some athletes that have switched from a sport to another.

TRENDING THREADS