• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 640 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TGH got talked about a lot in the race threads whenever he crashes, just like yesterday. He just isn’t as popular or has as many like/dislike compared to a Roglic or Evenepoel so it doesn’t spill over into his (small) thread.

There's also a lot of nasty stuff said (on X in particular) about riders when they crash. This applies to all of them. I try to ignore those sorts of comments.

Honestly of course it was sh*t (especially as he's leading GC in his new team for the first time) but I'd rather look for positives. It could have been way worse.

There's also a lot of nasty stuff said (on X in particular) about riders when they crash. This applies to all of them. I try to ignore those sorts of comments.

Honestly of course it was sh*t (especially as he's leading GC in his new team for the first time) but I'd rather look for positives. It could have been way worse.
Very worse, hopefully it doesn’t hamper anything.

He has a quota of crashes to get out of the way each season. I hope that one was big enough to cover a few spills.

FYI (& this is a general response to all the usual stuff I'm reading on various sites) he's only talked about as a rider who 'crashes a lot' because he's also... a winner. Other riders crash all the time (like Tao GH yesterday, or David Gaudu), but nobody seems to care enough to talk about them.

And many of those other riders do actually hurt themselves pretty badly as well.
He is tough as nails, but could save himself (and his fans) some unnessecary drama? Like why was he on the outside of that curve? For you don't enter a curve on the outside at full speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: topcat
Do you have a report from somewhere? More detail appreciated.

From official statements, concussion was excluded but there are a lot of cuts and bruises involving hip, knee, elbow ... Luckily it seems like there are no deep cuts involved, although the hit was rather severe. Decision to continue to be taken tomorrow before the stage start.

From official statements, concussion was excluded but there are a lot of cuts and bruises involving hip, knee, elbow ... Luckily it seems like there are no deep cuts involved, although the hit was rather severe. Decision to continue to be taken tomorrow before the stage start.
That's good news. I was pretty sure he was concussed watching him, glad that's not the case.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Does it really matter? You have couple of miliseconds to react and not everyone will make the right decision for given circumstances. At those speeds and minimal distance from eachother it does take much to crash and take someone with you.
I posted in the race discussion:

I can understand some guys near the front overshooting the speed limit and crashing. But there were two EF riders who crashed. The one that crashed near Rog was the cause for Rog's crash and he had ample time to see what is going on and not be such an amateur. However, he decided to keep his speed, overtake Rog and then crash him...
===========================

I am interested because I believe that rider took a really unnecessary risk and it should be pointed out.