• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 687 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes. He was hanging for dear life and only threeway shenanigans between Remco, Pog an Vinge saved him sheding some serious time, again.

Doesn't look good. He also lost Vlasov (he crashed and continue but i don't think he will be contributing in the mountains).

He is constantly the worst of the big 4.

Well, he wasn't the worst on Friday, in the TT, if we're pedantic ... And lemme check the Stage 4 results again ...

the team was AWFUL today but he rode smart. maybe his only way to win this race is if the other 3 tire each other out.
Where do all those takes about the team come from. From the camera shots of the Roglic group only his team were pulling. Jungels, Sobrero and Hindley saved the Tour there for Roglic. Denz was sprinting uphill from the bottom of the second secteur and finished with the main group. They had more numbers in there than Soudal. What do people expect? The Team his isn't UAE/Jumbo level by far but today showed all weaknesses we already know from Roglic. He can't position himself to save his life and he also is probably not in the shape to go with any explosive attack from the big three.

Reactions: Remy55
Where do all those takes about the team come from. From the camera shots of the Roglic group only his team were pulling. Jungels, Sobrero and Hindley saved the Tour there for Roglic. Denz was sprinting uphill from the bottom of the second secteur and finished with the main group. They had more numbers in there than Soudal. What do people expect? The Team his isn't UAE/Jumbo level by far but today showed all weaknesses we already know from Roglic. He can't position himself to save his life and he also is probably not in the shape to go with any explosive attack from the big three.

his team was the reason he ended up in that split in the first place. they were MIA on the run-in to the sector and then half of them were way down the group behind him and had to walk up the gravel climb where the race split. Hindley and Vlasov did a really good job bringing him back. every time he got dropped after that he had to follow the Ineos train. Hindley was far and away his best teammate today, that says all you need to know. Jungels, Denz, Haller, Van Poppel and Sobrero were all more useless than tits on a bull.

From the moment Vlasov crashed, only Hindley was with Roglic. Vlasov then came back later when the main group was going slow, and Denz came at the very end.

his team was the reason he ended up in that split in the first place. they were MIA on the run-in to the sector and then half of them were way down the group behind him and had to walk up the gravel climb where the race split. Hindley and Vlasov did a really good job bringing him back. Jungels, Denz, Haller, Van Poppel and Sobrero were all more useless than tits on a bull today.
Ok so you have no clue about cycling. Jugels and Sobrero killed themselves tom get Roglic back against Kelderman, Turner and Moscon riding at the front. Hindley also with one last hero pull to get Roglic into the situation to close it himself. I'm not sure if Vlasov did a pull he was the only one i didn't see when the camera came back to the group.

Roglic is always sliding back into the group in important situations and sprint finishes. It was the same story with Jumbo in the Tour after 2020. If WvA, laporte and co can't do it for you it is clearly not a team issue.

In the end this was the best first week for Roglic in the Tour since 2020. No it is up to him and if he has the shape to do something in the mountains.

Ok so you have no clue about cycling. Jugels and Sobrero killed themselves tom get Roglic back against Kelderman, Turner and Moscon riding at the front. Hindley also with one last hero pull to get Roglic into the situation to close it himself. I'm not sure if Vlasov did a pull he was the only one i didn't see when the camera came back to the group.

Roglic is always sliding back into the group in important situations and sprint finishes. It was the same story with Jumbo in the Tour after 2020. If WvA, laporte and co can't do it for you it is clearly not a team issue.

In the end this was the best first week for Roglic in the Tour since 2020. No it is up to him and if he has the shape to do something in the mountains.

Lol, you need watch the stage again or pay better attention the first time because you're straight up incorrect. after the group split you can clearly see 87 (Van Poppel) way at the back of the peloton and then 82 (Denz) walking his bike with 85 (Jungels) and 83 (Haller) right in front of him. that is straight up horrible, why the hell were they so far back? those are the riders who were on the team for positional stages like today. it's possible Sobrero was up there with him but it was hard to tell if it was him or Vlasov, either way it doesn't matter. that's a horrible job by the team, it's completely inexcusable for those four guys who are supposed to help him with his bad positioning to be completely out of position themselves.

Last edited:
yes i can see Sobrero was with him, so my apologies to him and i guess it's possible Jungels made it back but my point still stands, it was their fault for all being out of position in the first place. Roglic was in a better position himself than the half of the team that was supposed to support him on this stage.

Last edited:
Have to admit I'm a bit discouraged. He seems to be MIA I'm always wondering where he is and trying to spot him. He's definitely not with Pogi, Jonas and [[Evenepoel]] I hope he has a good rest day! 9 days without a crash is very good, loss off Vlasov is very bad.
Biting my nails.......

it's fine. he's not going to win the Tour, i'm just hoping he can win a stage and finish 3rd. maybe Pogacar starts to feel the Giro in his legs and Vingegaards lack of preparation catches up with him, who knows. it's great that he hasn't crashed yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SHAD0W93 and Carols
it's fine. he's not going to win the Tour, i'm just hoping he can win a stage and finish 3rd. maybe Pogacar starts to feel the Giro in his legs and Vingegaards lack of preparation catches up with him, who knows. it's great that he hasn't crashed yet.
I gave up any illusions he would win Very quickly. The podium was definitely something I expected though. A stage win and 3rd would make me happy enough :).

Reactions: hfer07