• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Awesome ride. Clearly needs work on his time trialling and bike handling, but as a climber he looks terrific

on a slightly different note - he's got some huge teeth. That might slow him down a little and impede breathing :D

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
welcome, brother. May the angel dust from Arus wings give you happiness and luck in your life

One of your best posts ever right there Vino. :D

Eclipse said:
A really amazing ride today!

P3QlJOp.jpg

Someone needs to take this as an avatar. :D

So, is Aru's nickname "The Angel" now. I like it!

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Fabio my friend ima huge fan of yours you are a superstar for the future please go for the record in the Giro and never ride the TDF.You can be unique and just ride Giro/Vuelta for 10 years plus your odds will be far better.

+1, The Tour sucks, the Giro is where it's at. ;) I wouldn't mind him focusing on each at various times over the years (Giro one year, Tour the next, etc.). But don't want him to become tour obsessed.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Just read it. Tira is truly a fantastic guy, and a team mate

Remember Giro 2012 when it looked like he betrayed his leader Kreuziger but it was probably Martinelli's (or maybe Vinokurev's, who knows) decision back then. Or maybe I remember it wrong.

Kokoso said:
Remember Giro 2012 when it looked like he betrayed his leader Kreuziger but it was probably Martinelli's (or maybe Vinokurev's, who knows) decision back then. Or maybe I remember it wrong.

Can't say that I remember the stage you are talking about? but the essentially became co-captains for a time under that giro when Kreuziger proved once again to not be able to climb with the best. He had an amazing stage victory I'll give him that. But those were depressing years for Astana in the gc in the grand tours.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Can't say that I remember the stage you are talking about? but the essentially became co-captains for a time under that giro when Kreuziger proved once again to not be able to climb with the best. He had an amazing stage victory I'll give him that. But those were depressing years for Astana in the gc in the grand tours.

No, Kreuziger was sole leade. Can't see how Tira was co-captain. It was stage 14th I think. True, Kreuziger couldn't climb with best but it could because Astana ovefar too much racing days as a leader going to the Giro. Astana didn't handle it well back then. Everybody (including you) is just overlooking this.

Kokoso said:
No, Kreuziger was sole leade. Can't see how Tira was co-captain. It was stage 14th I think. True, Kreuziger couldn't climb with best but it could because Astana ovefar too much racing days as a leader going to the Giro. Astana didn't handle it well back then. Everybody (including you) is just overlooking this.

He cracked hard at one stage, while Tira followed relatively well and was in the top 10 of the gc. Tira cracked to a couple of stages later, but at the time he did not sacrifice himself for Kreuziger for the same reason as Aru didn't sacrifice himself for Scarponi earlier in this giro and Kash and Kloden stayed in the peloton in the tour 07 when Vino fell. Nothing to do about backstabbing.

Arnout said:
Link?

oijo
http://www.paolotiralongo.it/#tappe

15a tappa: Valdengo - Montecampione 225km

Finalmente il falco ha spiegato le ali ed ha iniziato a volare. Nella montagna che ha visto trionfare il grandissimo Marco Pantani, Fabio Aru senza nessuna soggezione dei grandi della classifica, con un’azione degna di un grande campione, ha attaccato lasciando tutti sulle ruote, vincendo la 15° tappa: Valdengo - Montecampione di 225km. Primo degli sconfitti il colombiano Fabio Duarte (Colombia), terzo Nairo Quintana (Movistar). Rigoberto Uran (Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team) mantiene la maglia rosa.

Appunti di viaggio del "Tira"

Tappa durissima, ma felicissimi tutti noi del Team Astana per la vittoria di Fabio Aru. Come tutti i giorni io ho scortato Fabio nelle prime posizioni del gruppo, poi ho preferito salire all’arrivo con il mio passo. La vittoria di Fabio non mi ha sorpreso, in quanto sapevo che stava bene. Ha dato una prova di forza e nei giorni a seguire, dobbiamo stargli vicino, perché sappiamo benissimo che un gradino del podio finale del Giro è alla sua portata.