• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
To be fairfor most new future stage racers, their 'legends' will either be Indurain, Contador or Pantani(?) so no surprise. Who wouldn't want to climb like Contador :p

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what to expect from Aru at Vuelta.
His talent promises a lot, but it will be his second GT of the season and not the favorite one.
Would be nice to see him motivated to rub shoulders with the heavyweights, though.

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Strange. I remember him saying Pantani was among his idols growing up. Maybe it was PR bull**** after Montecampione.
Plenty of PR crap these days even from the riders at the beginning of their careers. Not exactly the best way to introduce themselves to the audience. Instead of showing their real persona and making their authentic appearance, they're trying to attract the fans through mutual sympathies.
But this Contador thing could develop into something constructive for all associated sides.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
travar said:
Plenty of PR crap these days even from the riders at the beginning of their careers. Not exactly the best way to introduce themselves to the audience. Instead of showing their real persona and making their authentic appearance, they're trying to attract the fans through mutual sympathies.
But this Contador thing could develop into something constructive for all associated sides.

He already said durning the Giro that Contador was his favourite rider

rb0i11.jpg

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Will he able to hold the wheel of the big guys like Kelderman when the road goes uphill in the coming days?

Don't inult Aru lol. Hold the wheel? Aru has proven in a GT to be a "tiny" bit better uphill. I do believe Kelderman has more chance of a GT win though call me crazy but i think in TDF with 70+ITTKM he will win a few Tours his progression has been great this year.

TRENDING THREADS