• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TourOfSardinia said:
Clipboard_zpsd494e797.jpg

That's an awesome photo :)

May 28, 2012
Visit site
This guy reminds me of the 2009 Gesink. Attacking the big guns without looking back and tirelessly setting a furious pace. But he's also winning GT stages, so already on a higher level. I'm curious what his future holds, Giro win next year might only be a formality.

Pentacycle said:
This guy reminds me of the 2009 Gesink. Attacking the big guns without looking back and tirelessly setting a furious pace. But he's also winning GT stages, so already on a higher level. I'm curious what his future holds, Giro win next year might only be a formality.

Yeah, with Aru as super-dom it'll be a walk in the park for Nibali.

Pentacycle said:
Exactly how I meant it :p Looks like we'll see a rerun of the 2010 Giro next year.

Trying to see who will be David Arroyo. I'm thinking Robert Kišerlovski has the best chance looking at his palmarès. He has been top 10 in the race before (10th 2010 and 2014, so he matches well with Arroyo who was 10th in 2007 and 2009 prior to his 2010 race). Basso will be Sastre, I think.

Red Rick said:
Drop this nonsense immediately. He rode Monte Grappa in the same time as Quintana during the tt
It doesn't mean anything. As of today, Aru's longest attack (in GTs) was at -3 on Montecampione... He's still very young and probably he's not self-confident enough yet. But for now, the difference between him and Purito is only the age.

The fact that a guy that turned 24 a month ago has now beaten every single top name in a mtf (quintana in giro, everyone else here) makes everyones *****ing irrelevant. In a couple of years when he is no longer the underdog, but has to prove to be the absolute afla male in the pro peloton then I would want to see alot of 7 km long attacks. Right now just winning, not from breakaways, but from the main favourite group is reason enough to love the guy.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Alcanelo said:
This guy is gonna be huge... He's actually very like to Contador in ways.

He is huge right now if he can beat AC in this Vuelta. AC will most likely fade in the third week due to lack of any substantial training leading to the Vuelta.

maxmartin said:
He is huge right now if he can beat AC in this Vuelta. AC will most likely fade in the third week due to lack of any substantial training leading to the Vuelta.

Would you like to do an avatar bet? :) If Alberto wins the Vuelta you would have a pic of Alberto (I'd pick it). If AC is behind Aru (Aru doesn't even have to win the Vuelta) in the final GC placings I'd have an Aru pic (you'd pick which one.) We'd have the pics till the new year. Wanna bet?

Jspear said:
Would you like to do an avatar bet? :) If Alberto wins the Vuelta you would have a pic of Alberto (I'd pick it). If AC is behind Aru (Aru doesn't even have to win the Vuelta) in the final GC placings I'd have an Aru pic (you'd pick which one.) We'd have the pics till the new year. Wanna bet?

Crazy bet. Aru is to big a fan of AC to destroy him. He will let him win this one and retire, while Aru starts his total gt domination next year

TRENDING THREADS