• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Poursuivant said:
So he said he will co lead with Nibali? That's interesting that Nibali is a protected rider, even after Giro. To be fair he was coming into form late at Giro, but I think it's still too much to ask to win TDF for Nibali.
It was just PR. He can't reply what he really thinks, ie he's the leader and the team will be fully dedicated to him with Nibali having a free role.

One of the strangest victories I've seen. Anyhow, when you ride like that and keep a chasing peloton behind, you got to be in some shape. Aru is one of the best finisheurs among GC-guys and climbers, he will win MANY stages. Not like this tho. :D

Vai Fabu. Now onto the mountains and a stage victory more.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
One of the strangest victories I've seen. Anyhow, when you ride like that and keep a chasing peloton behind, you got to be in some shape. Aru is one of the best finisheurs among GC-guys and climbers, he will win MANY stages. Not like this tho. :D

This doesn't mean his climbing form is great. My guess is he'll still be behind the 2 tier climbers in this race.

Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Valv.Piti said:

This doesn't mean his climbing form is great. My guess is he'll still be behind the 2 tier climbers in this race.

Ok, I should probably have phrased it differently then.

Now onto the the mountain, I hope he will win a stage victory more and its plausible since he still has a decent amount to make up. Im well aware that it isn't that black/white, dont worry, but as I wrote, it indicates that he definitely has some form contrary what yesterday and the prologue lead us to believe. ;)

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
Miburo said:
This is why i hope he'll be strong enough to beat quintana in the future otherwise cycling is doomed
Do mean that it would be boring if Quintana could simply dominate gt's or do you just want to tell us what a horribly boring rider Quintana is and that he absolutely never attacks?
I think miburo means both :D

portugal11 said:
Gigs_98 said:
Miburo said:
This is why i hope he'll be strong enough to beat quintana in the future otherwise cycling is doomed
Do mean that it would be boring if Quintana could simply dominate gt's or do you just want to tell us what a horribly boring rider Quintana is and that he absolutely never attacks?
I actually think he means 100% the latter :D

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
portugal11 said:
Gigs_98 said:
Miburo said:
I actually think he means 100% the latter :D
Miburo doesn't want a boring rider to win gt's easily.

He's gonna end up on the podium in France. Either based on the gc, maybe because he wins the polka dot jersey, or because he is the most aggressive rider.

Aru's gonna be ready for the Tour. And he's gonna be a huge wildcard in the fight for the yellow jersey. He might not win it, but he very well might be the creator of a situation that turns things around.

Re:

staubsauger said:
He's gonna end up on the podium in France. Either based on the gc, maybe because he wins the polka dot jersey, or because he is the most aggressive rider.

Aru's gonna be ready for the Tour. And he's gonna be a huge wildcard in the fight for the yellow jersey. He might not win it, but he very well might be the creator of a situation that turns things around.
Combativity award? :p

Re:

lenric said:
He finished Dauphine 40 minutes behind Froome. At this pace, I believe he will find the speed in his legs circa July 2017 :eek:

Haha.

But lets not forget Nibali looked AS bad in Trentino relative to the competition. Aru's prologue wasn't that bad and he has some kind of shape when he was able to hold off the peloton like that, but its somewhat worrying. I believe in Astana and their 'weird' methods

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
lenric said:
He finished Dauphine 40 minutes behind Froome. At this pace, I believe he will find the speed in his legs circa July 2017 :eek:

Haha.

But lets not forget Nibali looked AS bad in Trentino relative to the competition. Aru's prologue wasn't that bad and he has some kind of shape when he was able to hold off the peloton like that, but its somewhat worrying. I believe in Astana and their 'weird' methods
Apparently he just attacked on the Col de la Madeleine to test his legs, afterwards he said that he had lots of fun on that stage.
He got a stage win and from then onwards he was just racing to find his legs, he had no gc ambitions.
He'll be ready at the Tour, if one of the 3 top guys isn't able to perform Aru and Pinot will fight for the final podium spot.

TRENDING THREADS