• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favorite Jersey/Kit vs. Worst

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Yup, and that mullet does not help.

Business in the front. Party in the back

20v0pwg.jpg

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Cippo...

My all time favorite is Cipollini in the Aqua e Sapone Zebra stripes. Also the all time favorite sprint train, once they hit the front with 5k to go, you just knew that he would win.
mario-cipollini-specialized-zebra-skinsuit.jpg

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
T-mobile was a favorite of mine.
I also liked credit agricole a lot.

My girlfriend thinks the boonen national jersey is epic, but that's pretty much cause she more or less in love with the rider wearing it.

radioshacks, ag2r, footons are all hideous imo.
cofidos, lampre, liquigas, caisse and even rabo (thats right :p) have nice jerseys imo.

oh, and I cannot stand the sky kit.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
T-mobile was a favorite of mine.
I also liked credit agricole a lot.

My girlfriend thinks the boonen national jersey is epic, but that's pretty much cause she more or less in love with the rider wearing it.

radioshacks, ag2r, footons are all hideous imo.
cofidos, lampre, liquigas, caisse and even rabo (thats right :p) have nice jerseys imo.

oh, and I cannot stand the sky kit.

This is how my wife feels, too. :eek:

And I don't care for Sky's kit much, either, or any of the other all black kits. How many of them are there now? It's the new light blue of the ProTour, and yet every new black kit is met with unfettered joy by the forum.

I'll take a well-designed stand-out kit any day.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm partial to some some of the kits from 6 day races of 60' and 70's. They were USUALLY a lot classier than than the road jerseys of the day.
That said, I think of all the protour road teams, the new BMC kit is the best designed, cleanest looking. Hope they back it up with some results.

Squares said:
My all time favorite is Cipollini in the Aqua e Sapone Zebra stripes. Also the all time favorite sprint train, once they hit the front with 5k to go, you just knew that he would win.
mario-cipollini-specialized-zebra-skinsuit.jpg

Yah, tough to beat Cipo and the zebra stripes, only he could pull it off. That was a good year for him, M-SR, G-W (pictured here, poor Fred, 2nd to Super Mario in 2 big races in a 30 day stretch) and the world championships (where of course he didn't wear the zebra trade team kit).

Pippo is clearly the heir to Super Mario in the style department.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet (either positive or negative), but the Garmin kit. Not necessarily the argyle, but the colors. I'm not a fan.

Julian Dean's National champ jersey was really cool though.
n42177407276_1191079_7787.jpg

and the burritos sticking out of the back jersey pocket were a nice touch.
picture_1.png

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I may have no taste, but i kinda like the ag2r outfit! And like someone said already, at least the footon jersey doesnt look like a rainbow. :eek:
I never really cared for the Garmin nor the Skil-Shimano jerseys, it might be retro but it hurts my eyes... :rolleyes:

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
There was a Red/White kit from the late 90's that may have been a Liberty Sequros kit. I can't find any pictures but it was bold, simple and could be spotted from a mile away. Anyone got a guess or a picture?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
Saeco, perhaps?

Picture+9.png

I like those, too. No, it was a profile of a Lion's head as a corporate logo in red, the jersey was white and I think the shorts were red as well. Not a kit for bad weather but very bold.

Oldman said:
I like those, too. No, it was a profile of a Lion's head as a corporate logo in red, the jersey was white and I think the shorts were red as well. Not a kit for bad weather but very bold.

You were not far of with Liberty Seguros, it was actually Vitalico Seguros.
Dont have a photo but I am sure it was them. Javier Minguez was the director.

http://www.memoire-du-cyclisme.net/pelotons/coureurs.php?c=21061

Thats the best I can do.

pmcg76 said:
You were not far of with Liberty Seguros, it was actually Vitalico Seguros.
Dont have a photo but I am sure it was them. Javier Minguez was the director.

Unless my memory is completely shot, Vitalico Seguros was Freire's team the year he got his 1st rainbow jersey. Of course, he raced the next year for Mapei.

TRENDING THREADS