• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favorite Jersey/Kit vs. Worst

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2010
Visit site
Here is my top 3 favorite jersey:

1. From all times, i just love it, i have a replica of it :D

07JerseyTeamGerol_d.jpg

2. I really like their flag, the jersey follow it's design, therefore my second fav:

nalini-astana-jer-2010-med.jpg

(i prefer this rather the one with dark blue stripes in the past)

3. Although in the past 5 years or so, the jersey did not change too much, i like the most 2006 version:

quickstep.jpg

I also find nice the Bouygues Telecom jersey, but not like the ones above.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
And top 3 worst jerseys (i hope nobody will jump at my throat, it's just my taste):

20091013_AS_SS.jpg

The 2009 bubbled version simply raise my brow.

SH-SKTJ-NCL-FRONT.jpg

Another 2009 jersey i did not enjoyed to see.

main_IG2126177836.jpg

And finally, another 2009 one...i don't know, it just...disturbs me a little.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
ckfrancis said:
What is you favorite Kit of all time? I am partial to Hoovend/7-Eleven. Possibly the worst was the Carrera kit which had bibs made to resemble jeans.

Fasso Bortolo

Henninger_Turm-2005-FASSA_BORTOLO.jpg

Wordperfect Colnogo

Raul_ALCALA.jpg

Then there was the Sean Kelly Tour Of Ireland jersey 1999-2000. Not a pro team jersey but one of the greatest. Too bad mine was torn and bloodied

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
forumlurker said:
has super mario and his many outfits not yet made it into this tread?

23.jpg

i always liked the red, white, and blue brooklyn gum and mondrian la vie claire jerseys/kits. too lazy to find a picture though.

the Peace for Ireland jersey was an ATF as well

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Derrick said:
Eleven pages and nobody has mentioned CARPANO. Perhaps I'm the only one old enough to remember it.

This is a t shirt type replica, But, do you mean this jersey?
aubkpc.jpg

Pardon me, but doesn't it look a little referee-ish?
But you won't be ignored on the road:D

A

Anonymous

Loads of favourites, but I will always love the two I own.. The pdm shirt still fits, though its a tad tight in the arms. The Kas shirt hasnt fitted since about 1990.. :/ Havnt bought a single pro team shirt since i bought these. Use plain shirts now.
36193_128761547156235_100000671715791_186161_2592733_n.jpg

36193_128761573822899_100000671715791_186162_6658457_n.jpg

If i could own one shirt, it would be this. Simply beautiful
bianchi-jersey.jpg

Nearly $200 though for a modern replica.. :/ $200 i aint got
or this
Bianchi-Celeste-Short-Sleeve-Jersey-1267981519.jpg

TeamSkyFans said:
Loads of favourites, but I will always love the two I own.. The pdm shirt still fits, though its a tad tight in the arms. The Kas shirt hasnt fitted since about 1990.. :/ Havnt bought a single pro team shirt since i bought these. Use plain shirts now.
36193_128761547156235_100000671715791_186161_2592733_n.jpg

I have one of these also--the short sleeve version. It has a Terry cloth like interior that makes it nice for cool weather.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
I have one of these also--the short sleeve version. It has a Terry cloth like interior that makes it nice for cool weather.

oh it feels great, compared with the Kas which is maybe a year older which feels like you are wearing a peice of sponge (it has an inside layer thats almost like the loop part on velcro), the pdm was the first shirt that really felt cool and light. i might have to get something done with the arms though, too tight around the wrist and elbow. The back of it also has 20 year old gravel holes in it..

the year we made the fateful mistake of wearing them in paris, we had so many people coming up, grabbing at us, pulling our shirts and saying "sean kelly" over and over.. Got a very happy wave from sean in london though.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Havnt bought a single pro team shirt since i bought these. Use plain shirts now.

i refuse to advertise other people's products without a good reason, and looks/design are not enough of a reason in opinion.:cool:

A

Anonymous

Benotti69 said:
i refuse to advertise other people's products without a good reason, and looks/design are not enough of a reason in opinion.:cool:

Its partly price, partly because though i support various riders theres never been a team I supported solely. And also when i go out on the bike i go out to ride, and not be noticed too much. around here there arent many serious cyclists, probably 1 in 40 riders even have clipless, so sporting the latest team kit is not something i want to do. I prefer plain..

on the bad kit subject, Ive just been reminded of Fagor.
kimmage.jpg

Fagor_Jersey.jpg

i cant decide which one is worse..

oh can anyone name the rider? ;)

on a seperate note, anyone remember which team were part sponsored by "fondmetal" its doing my head in trying to remember.

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I think the Duvel jerseys are available from a store online from Australia. They might be old or something, but big red things with Duvel across the front and nothing else. Very clean, very nice. I've also got one of the Vitalicio jerseys, a long sleeve one, amazing in winter. It does look pretty slick, I do let it down though!