• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favourite "Dirty" Performance

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 29, 2010
Visit site
filipo said:
Eh? Lemond rode for PDM in 1988. Rather odd to include him in a discussion about 1990 and 1991.

Interesting eh? I don't know what Greg did or didn't do but I do know he'd have to be a moron not to know what was happening all around him.
My own take on it is that E.P.O. was just a bridge too far for LeMond, or a ferryman rather as many were winding uo D.O.A. in the early days.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/results/archives/dec97/dec1.html
"This week, the PDM manager of the day Manfred Krikke spoke, after he was confronted with the revelations, though reluctantly: "When we started PDM we decided that we would not be the most ethical team in the peloton. The one rule imposed from the PDM directors was that there was to be "no drug affairs" rather than "no drug taking. Within this direction, we experimented with products that were just within or over the edge of legality. Just like in other sports. We were not doing anything that the other teams were doing.""

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
Uniballer today was a classic dirty performance from a dirty team.

You know, the Uniballer comment has ****ed me off for a while. Testicular cancer is some kind of joke? You are entitled to your opinions and cynicism, and I share most of them, but I 'kin hate the Uniballer bit, not funny and not acceptable when you've been surrounded by cancer in various guises for a major part of your life, as I have and I'm sure others on here have too. Fair enough?

May 25, 2010
Visit site
As for my favourite dirty performance, Pantani when he destroyed Ullrich in 98 on Les Deux Alpes! Unbelievable, as we now know, but spectacular to watch!

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
You know, the Uniballer comment has ****ed me off for a while. Testicular cancer is some kind of joke? You are entitled to your opinions and cynicism, and I share most of them, but I 'kin hate the Uniballer bit, not funny and not acceptable when you've been surrounded by cancer in various guises for a major part of your life, as I have and I'm sure others on here have too. Fair enough?

Welcome to humor, what isn't funny to you (because you have some moral holy cow about it, or personal relation) will be funny to others, get used to it.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Zerak-Tul said:
Welcome to humor, what isn't funny to you (because you have some moral holy cow about it, or personal relation) will be funny to others, get used to it.

Hey thanks for pointing it out!

Maybe it is also humour to mock people with disabilities, or people because of their race or sexuality, but hey, it's humour, so it's all game! Look at the guy with Downs syndrome, let's call him Mongo or something! Hilarious.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, my moral compass was clearly pointing the wrong way. :eek::mad:

lightandlongshadows said:
Interesting eh? I don't know what Greg did or didn't do but I do know he'd have to be a moron not to know what was happening all around him.
My own take on it is that E.P.O. was just a bridge too far for LeMond, or a ferryman rather as many were winding uo D.O.A. in the early days.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/results/archives/dec97/dec1.html
"This week, the PDM manager of the day Manfred Krikke spoke, after he was confronted with the revelations, though reluctantly: "When we started PDM we decided that we would not be the most ethical team in the peloton. The one rule imposed from the PDM directors was that there was to be "no drug affairs" rather than "no drug taking. Within this direction, we experimented with products that were just within or over the edge of legality. Just like in other sports. We were not doing anything that the other teams were doing.""

There was on Youtube a video of the PDM team as they were suffering from the effects of too much EPO. Horrible stuff to watch.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
Hey thanks for pointing it out!

Maybe it is also humour to mock people with disabilities, or people because of their race or sexuality, but hey, it's humour, so it's all game! Look at the guy with Downs syndrome, let's call him Mongo or something! Hilarious.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, my moral compass was clearly pointing the wrong way. :eek::mad:

Actually the term 'Uniballer' was given to Lance by comedian Robin Williams on one of his trips to see the USPS team ride the Tour. Lance appeared to enjoy the 'joke'.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
lightandlongshadows said:

I meant interesting in that he wasn't on the team when the intralipid affair took place. So why include him on that list?
Also, the link you pull from is dead. Relink?

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Actually the term 'Uniballer' was given to Lance by comedian Robin Williams on one of his trips to see the USPS team ride the Tour. Lance appeared to enjoy the 'joke'.

Thank you for the clarification, I wasn't aware of that.

To return the original point, some black guys call each other n**ger, bur when a racist says it then it has a whole new intention. I just think certain things are out of bounds when said in malice, and a Lance hater definitely doesn't say it nicely.

Without being rude. I really don't care if calling the Uniballer the Uniballer upsets you or you think it is uncalled for.

Hater? What is this Wigga Central?

The Uniballer through his past conduct towards those who have criticised him has abrogated any right to the moral high ground.

A

Anonymous

samerics said:
Thank you for the clarification, I wasn't aware of that.

To return the original point, some black guys call each other n**ger, bur when a racist says it then it has a whole new intention. I just think certain things are out of bounds when said in malice, and a Lance hater definitely doesn't say it nicely.

He is a uniballed narcissistic pr!ck who uses pictures of suffering cancer patients to justify his unethical and damaging behavior. I am much more offended by his continued prostitution of cancer than I am by any racial slur. The Uniballer needs to either go away or admit to being the fraud that he is.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
He is a uniballed narcissistic pr!ck who uses pictures of suffering cancer patients to justify his unethical and damaging behavior. I am much more offended by his continued prostitution of cancer than I am by any racial slur. The Uniballer needs to either go away or admit to being the fraud that he is.

Separate issue, but then you know that, you're just being confrontational. I lost lots of close family to cancer and a good friend had testicular cancer, and it is just not funny. Make your perfectly reasonable comments about Lance by all means, it's a discussion forum, but quit the offensive jokes about cancer, ok? Good.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
Separate issue, but then you know that, you're just being confrontational. I lost lots of close family to cancer and a good friend had testicular cancer, and it is just not funny. Make your perfectly reasonable comments about Lance by all means, it's a discussion forum, but quit the offensive jokes about cancer, ok? Good.

I could have posted this exact reply, but I will tell you some people deal with things like cancer with humor. I know I would and do. I too have lost many in my family including my mother to cancer. I also have a good lifelong friend that has survived testicular cancer. We call him "speedbag" and he and all the rest of us think it is funny. To each their own I say.

edit: speedbag is trademarked and cannot be used without prior written consent....:D

So I remain on topic, stage 17 2006 TDF, Floyd's Folly.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
slowoldman said:
I could have posted this exact reply, but I will tell you some people deal with things like cancer with humor. I know I would and do. I too have lost many in my family including my mother to cancer. I also have a good lifelong friend that has survived testicular cancer. We call him "speedbag" and he and all the rest of us think it is funny. To each their own I say.

edit: speedbag is trademarked and cannot be used without prior written consent....:D

So I remain on topic, stage 17 2006 TDF, Floyd's Folly.

Nice response, to which I would add that we have also dealt with it with gallows humour. Difference is that the person using the term about Lance is calling him it out of spite, not to handle a painful situation! He thinks it's funny because he despises him, so I stand by my N**ger analogy. See my point?

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
Nice response, to which I would add that we have also dealt with it with gallows humour. Difference is that the person using the term about Lance is calling him it out of spite, not to handle a painful situation! He thinks it's funny because he despises him, so I stand by my N**ger analogy. See my point?

so touchy, a true modern man. your boyfriend probably thinks you're very cute. now stop crying and let the thread live.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
workingclasshero said:
so touchy, a true modern man. your boyfriend probably thinks you're very cute. now stop crying and let the thread live.

Classy!! Boyfriend? Don't tell my mrs, my kids or grandkids will you , I'd never live it down. How old are you, mentally, 8,9 perhaps? Don't interrupt the adults or you'll go to your room.

Dismissed.

A

Anonymous

samerics said:

I have lost two friends to cancer and my mother had breast cancer. I worked for 5 years with a camp for children with cancer. You can conduct yourself any way you wish. I have that right also. I call him The Uniballer because it doesn't offend me. His prostitution of cancer does.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
Classy!! Boyfriend? Don't tell my mrs, my kids or grandkids will you , I'd never live it down. How old are you, mentally, 8,9 perhaps? Don't interrupt the adults or you'll go to your room.

Dismissed.

you're killing this thread fella, you're like a cancer stain on it

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I have lost two friends to cancer and my mother had breast cancer. I worked for 5 years with a camp for children with cancer. You can conduct yourself any way you wish. I have that right also. I call him The Uniballer because it doesn't offend me. His prostitution of cancer does.

You really don't get it do you? Would you approve if someone made mocking remarks if your mother had had a mastectomy? Mock the actions, not the result of his cancer, ffs. Juvenile.

TRENDING THREADS