• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Federal Prosecutor Doug Miller Assigned to Landis case

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Jimmy Riddle

BANNED
Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Tubeless said:
Someone has been abusing the system for personal financial gain. I.e. fraud in a legal sense. Someone else in the cycling circles even called it the greatest fraud in US sporting history. Many want that fraud to be exposed. Would help show young riders it's not a good role model to live you life through lies - a nobel cause, reason enough, a good idea?

What would be your desired outcome? Status quo?

My position is it would be like a witch hunt to focus on one rider from the doping era and pretend they are a big sporting fraud. Some ordinary people might buy into that logic, but as fans of the sport who know the history and the people Armstrong was up against, it would be extremely disingenious.

No, personally I don't think it would be morally justified to send Armstrong to jail and would have no effect on improving the blood passport system for young riders.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fanboys cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Post of the day.
obi-wan460.jpg

I'll have to photoshop McQaid's face on this....

Jimmy Riddle

BANNED
Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. It used to be, "No, there is no way Armstrong ever doped." Now it is, "It would serve no purpose to put him in prison."

Luvin it. :D :) :D

Who are you quoting? I think most fans of the sport know about the drug use that GC guys needed to compete. I've always known this.

I'm interested in this prison point. Is this what people want here? You tell me, I don't want to put words in your mouths. What sort of yearage are you hoping for?

Jimmy Riddle

BANNED
Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:
Post of the day.
obi-wan460.jpg

I'll have to photoshop McQaid's face on this....

Yes I particularly want to see the faces of those cancer victims who donate to LiveStrong all the time. I would pay money to see them get all upset at there little hero getting caught up in this police investigation.

Then they will feel like I do everyday at the state of my life! This will make it fair! Hahaha!

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Really, please, like Lance will be intimidated by a bunch of retrosexual G-men.

SSDD. SSDD. SSDD.

boo boo boo boo lol.

Lance will enjoy all the attention.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Jimmy Riddle said:
How many years would you like to see him get, by the way?

Would there be a particular number that would be good for cycling?

If this goes RICO, then my understanding is it is 20 years per count. Could plea out for less...

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Jimmy Riddle said:
Yes I particularly want to see the faces of those cancer victims who donate to LiveStrong all the time. I would pay money to see them get all upset at there little hero getting caught up in this police investigation.

Then they will feel like I do everyday at the state of my life! This will make it fair! Hahaha!

You would rather they just keep believing in a fraud the rest of the their lives? Protect criminals is that your thought? Does this go for any hero? If someone raises money for charity but has some bad qualities, we should just suppress them so the people who look up to them aren't hurt?

It's not just about the doping fraud. He lied in court, to the press, about other people who he perceived as his enemies? These are honorable qualities to you? This is ok with you?

Nobody should commit any crime if they aren't willing to pay the price.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Jimmy Riddle said:
My position is it would be like a witch hunt to focus on one rider from the doping era and pretend they are a big sporting fraud. Some ordinary people might buy into that logic, but as fans of the sport who know the history and the people Armstrong was up against, it would be extremely disingenious.

No, personally I don't think it would be morally justified to send Armstrong to jail and would have no effect on improving the blood passport system for young riders.

What he was up against and defrauding the govt out of money are wholly and entirely different things. FAIL.

Morals are checked at the door. Justice is blind.

Try (troll) again.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fanboys cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

There world has been spun off it's axis like if al the chinese jumped at the same time.:D

Anyway janibrajzkovic tweeted

This victory is for everyone who believed in me. Thank you.

A hint of irony?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Jimmy Riddle said:

how would L.A going to gaol affect the blood passport system?

What is disingenous about showing the world a fraud LA is?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
If this goes RICO, then my understanding is it is 20 years per count. Could plea out for less...

20 years per count...hahaha
for doping in Bicycle racing....hahaha

Maybe Lance will be sent to a French penitentiary on Devil's Island in French Guiana. But Lance will escape. No prison has EVER held a Seven Time TdF Winner. Lance will bribe the screws.

Or maybe President Obama will pardon Lance.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
disingenious is a special new word invented by our special "new" forum member, Jimmy Riddle. Although no definition can be found in the dictionary, every post of Jimmy's exemplifies the meaning.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
20 years per count...hahaha
for doping in Bicycle racing....hahaha

Maybe Lance will be sent to a French penitentiary on Devil's Island in French Guiana. But Lance will escape. No prison has EVER held a Seven Time TdF Winner. Lance will bribe the screws.

Or maybe President Obama will pardon Lance.

No years for doping. 20 for conspiring to defraud the govt. in a schemed pattern.

Are you unfamiliar with how unkindly the US govt is to being defrauded? Even by beloved sports stars?

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Jimmy Riddle said:

We're long ways away from putting anyone in jail, but it's long overdue for the silly deception and depreciating lies to stop. I'd be personally satisfied to see the truth to come out.

But if this goes by the script most of us believe, it's a classic story how simple greed eventually blinds you in a way that will, at the end, trip you up. You are familiar with the saying that "power corrupts - and absolute power corrupts absolutely"?

If I had to pick a comparison from the US political life, it'd be Tom DeLay, former GOP majority leader in the US House of Representatives. His most famous quote is "I AM the federal government." to the owner of Ruth's Chris Steak House in WA DC, after being told to put out his cigar because of federal government regulations banning smoking in the building.

What brought Tom DeLay down? A Texas court indicted him for a criminal violation of Texas state campaign laws. The prosecutor has yet to bring the case before a jury, but the outcome seemed sufficiently satisfying to most - his political career came to an abrupt end.

There are many parallels to Armstrong, but I'll spare you the details. The moral of the story is that no one in the US is above the law.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Comrades Bro-Deal Hog et-al,
Your nemisis Lord Pharmstrong who has given into the Dark-Side since 1992 has this going for him.
He is white, gainfully employed, and is a sports hero. If you think the as you call him douce is going down forget it. Only one way and that is if he were to be raided and PEDs were found or Lance gets a pos in the Suisse race or France race.
If the FEDs take this case seriously it will take a 3 year investigation before a possible trial. We are not talking Manual Noriega here. Lance is not the Axis of evil or Bin-Laden as much as you want to think of Lance in that manner.
Check this out. I watched Manny Rodriguez tear it up for years, an unreal ballplayer, juiced to the gills in the series, star player. He gets traded from Boston to the Dodgers. He gets popped for PEDs 4 month suspension and Manny is back tearing it up. Was their evidence? Was Rodriguez part of an organized doping ring? Was he investigated by the FEDs? Find the answers comrades sorry to F-up your wet dream. Also how long did the Balco investigation go on. US PED suppliers US athletes. Right up the road from my house in San Mateo.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Tubeless said:
We're long ways away from putting anyone in jail, but it's long overdue for the silly deception and depreciating lies to stop. I'd be personally satisfied to see the truth to come out.

But if this goes by the script most of us believe, it's a classic story how simple greed eventually blinds you in a way that will, at the end, trip you up. You are familiar with the saying that "power corrupts - and absolute power corrupts absolutely"?

If I had to pick a comparison from the US political life, it'd be Tom DeLay, former GOP majority leader in the US House of Representatives. His most famous quote is "I AM the federal government." to the owner of Ruth's Chris Steak House in WA DC, after being told to put out his cigar because of federal government regulations banning smoking in the building.

What brought Tom DeLay down? A Texas court indicted him for a criminal violation of Texas state campaign laws. The prosecutor has yet to bring the case before a jury, but the outcome seemed sufficiently satisfying to most - his political career came to an abrupt end.

There are many parallels to Armstrong, but I'll spare you the details. The moral of the story is that no one in the US is above the law.

Tom Delay's favorite gag is asking a Belgian or Frenchman or any European if they speak German..(if)they say no and he says "you're welcome"..
DeLay is still a favored guest on right wing cable news. Drunk till 40 then born again like another well known trek riding dbag.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Comrades Bro-Deal Hog et-al,
Your nemisis Lord Pharmstrong who has given into the Dark-Side since 1992 has this going for him.
He is white, gainfully employed, and is a sports hero. If you think the as you call him douce is going down forget it. Only one way and that is if he were to be raided and PEDs were found or Lance gets a pos in the Suisse race or France race.
If the FEDs take this case seriously it will take a 3 year investigation before a possible trial. We are not talking Manual Noriega here. Lance is not the Axis of evil or Bin-Laden as much as you want to think of Lance in that manner.
Check this out. I watched Manny Rodriguez tear it up for years, an unreal ballplayer, juiced to the gills in the series, star player. He gets traded from Boston to the Dodgers. He gets popped for PEDs 4 month suspension and Manny is back tearing it up. Was their evidence? Was Rodriguez part of an organized doping ring? Was he investigated by the FEDs? Find the answers comrades sorry to F-up your wet dream. Also how long did the Balco investigation go on. US PED suppliers US athletes. Right up the road from my house in San Mateo.

This is not that.

This is defrauding the govt. Taking USPS money under the guise of winning clean.

Do some research. This is heading right towards RICO.

Over.

Polish said:
Really, please, like Lance will be intimidated by a bunch of retrosexual G-men.

SSDD. SSDD. SSDD.

boo boo boo boo lol.

Lance will enjoy all the attention.

Let's see.

Michael Milken, net worth $2.1 BILLION, RICO charge, 10 years in prison.

John Rigas (Adelphia), net worth $2.0 BILLION, tax evasion, 15 years in prison

Bernie Madoff, net worth $825 MILLION, securities fraud, 150 years in prison

Kenneth Lay (ENRON), net worth $400+ MILLION, fraud, 45 years in prison

Dennis Kozlowski (Tyco), net worth $400 MILLION, fraud, 25 years in prison

Lance Armstrong, net worth $125 MILLION

Now, I'm not suggesting Armstrong will go to prison, or even if he truly deserves any incarceration, but the "retrosexual G-Men" seem to do pretty well with the bigger fish...