• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fitness exercises at home during quarantine time

I am in front of laptop all the time so I want to find some quick excersises :d I eat very little but still gain weight. haha =)))

Hard to imagine eating very little and gaining weight, but if exercise is what you're after, get a Zwift account, a bluetooth trainer, and go crazy. That's what I do.

But to be realistic a good, intense hour-long Zwift session burns me about 600 calories. I weigh 195 pounds or 88.5 kilos, so it would be far fewer calories for smaller folks, particularly most cyclists. 600 calories is about a large, robust salad or a small fish dinner with asparagus. Or 3 good beers. It's not a lot.

Thomaskute

BANNED
May 7, 2020
Visit site
Eat less, or eat mostly whole plant foods. Exercise has a very small effect on weight loss versus diet.

You want to find a way to lose the excess weight in the isolated season, I think you should use the treadmill method at home. The more calories you burn, the longer you run, you can burn up to 300-400 calories. Not only will this help you lose weight, it will also help you relax this season.

Reactions: masonson
As mentioned earlier, exercise doesn't burn many calories. For no-equipment exercise, do stretching, jumping-jacks, stairs, etc. To avoid calories from snacks, drink lots of water, or flavored seltzer. Tell yourself that being hungry is good!

Jay

Hard to imagine eating very little and gaining weight, but if exercise is what you're after, get a Zwift account, a bluetooth trainer, and go crazy. That's what I do.

But to be realistic a good, intense hour-long Zwift session burns me about 600 calories. I weigh 195 pounds or 88.5 kilos, so it would be far fewer calories for smaller folks, particularly most cyclists. 600 calories is about a large, robust salad or a small fish dinner with asparagus. Or 3 good beers. It's not a lot.
This. I’m 67kg (148lbs) and losing weight through exercise basically doesn’t happen for me. Exercise helps keep me fit and distracted from eating, but losing weight means calorie control.

TRENDING THREADS