• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd to be charged with fraud

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

thehog said:
Engelbert Humperdinck.

Engelbert%20Humperdinck.jpg

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
This could all be the "Road less traveled" in terms of getting our guy up on a witness stand and either having to tell the truth, committ perjury or take the 5th.

220px-TakeTheLongWayHome.jpg

MarkvW said:
I am not a member of the club that thinks it likely that Floyd will face charges, so I am not able to give you an opinion of "what charges Floyd will face."

Your position is clear: It is not a crime to take money from stupid people. I disagree. Stupid people are victims of fraud all the time. If I persuade a gullible person to give me money because I am the long lost King of Ruritania and I deserve to live like a king, then I should be on my way to prison for fraud.

#1 We've had enough of what you aren't saying. Spit it out or work on it until you can spit it out. What's the point of filling this space with noise?

#2 One the one hand, you feign legal expertise, on the other you want an ordinary crime punished, as if there are no political calculations with every case tried. Think about the consequences of your opinion through a little before hitting reply.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
This could all be the "Road less traveled" in terms of getting our guy up on a witness stand and either having to tell the truth, committ perjury or take the 5th.

220px-TakeTheLongWayHome.jpg

Don't worry, plenty of other opportunities to come for that

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
I am not a member of the club that thinks it likely that Floyd will face charges, so I am not able to give you an opinion of "what charges Floyd will face."

Your position is clear: It is not a crime to take money from stupid people. I disagree. Stupid people are victims of fraud all the time. If I persuade a gullible person to give me money because I am the long lost King of Ruritania and I deserve to live like a king, then I should be on my way to prison for fraud.
Hi Mark,
Can you cite the relevant law that states it is a crime to take money from stupid people, thanks.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Unsuccessful troll is.......unsuccessful.:rolleyes:

That seemed a reasonable comment to me. I suppose a troll is anyone you disagree with. BTW, your nasty signature line identifies the type of person you are, obnoxious and combative.

DirtyWorks said:
#1 I don't think the point is to *actually* bring him into court. I think the point is to generate legal fees in an attempt to bankrupt Floyd. This is a very common business tactic used to suppress competition in the U.S.

#2 One the one hand, you feign legal expertise, on the other you want an ordinary crime punished, as if there are no political calculations with every case tried. Think about the consequences of your opinion through a little before hitting reply. What's the point of filling this space with noise?

One story in CN is not going to cause Floyd to spend money on legal fees to defend against a maybe investigation and maybe charges. Certainly not to the point of bankruptcy or near bankruptcy.

A conspiracy would have to be very grand (and very illegal) to bring Lance and the Feds together to persecute Floyd without the aim of prosecution. Such a conspiracy theory would only flourish on this forum. I would suggest that basing such a theory on one CN story is not very sound.

Floyd doesn't look much like a political cause célèbre. He looks more like a self-centered athlete who only chose to snitch when his omerta buddies revealed their complete lack of loyalty and when he thought he could use the truth to pry money out of Lance. Good luck playing Fraud off as the good guy in all this. Floyd demonstrated that he would lie, cheat, and steal to be TdF champion. Floyd is Lance's true soul brother.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
One story in CN is not going to cause Floyd to spend money on legal fees to defend against a maybe investigation and maybe charges. Certainly not to the point of bankruptcy or near bankruptcy.

A conspiracy would have to be very grand (and very illegal) to bring Lance and the Feds together to persecute Floyd without the aim of prosecution. Such a conspiracy theory would only flourish on this forum. I would suggest that basing such a theory on one CN story is not very sound.

Floyd doesn't look much like a political cause célèbre. He looks more like a self-centered athlete who only chose to snitch when his omerta buddies revealed their complete lack of loyalty and when he thought he could use the truth to pry money out of Lance. Good luck playing Fraud off as the good guy in all this. Floyd demonstrated that he would lie, cheat, and steal to be TdF champion. Floyd is Lance's true soul brother.

So lance, and his paid liar Fabiani, had nothing to do with this?

Race Radio said:
So lance, and his paid liar Fabiani, had nothing to do with this?

I don't think Fabiani put the testosterone patch on Floyd, hacked into the French computers, threatened LeMond, lied during Floyd's antidoping hearings, or lied to get people to donate to the FFF.

I don't think Fabiani is driving the federal investigation. That would be too weird! Saint Novitsky working for Boss Fabiani? Can't buy it. The US Attorney for the SD of California taking direction from Lance? Hah! So the Borat Conspiracy now encompasses two separate US Attorneys? Ridiculous.

I don't think Fabiani could get the Feds to indict Floyd on anything less than a very strong case. And if they do, I'll applaud!

It is possible that Fabiani and Lance did an evil job on CN, though, but there is zero proof of that.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
You are trying to suck me into the vortex. Ahhhhhhhhh.......

No Mark.
You are stuck in a vortex, I am trying to help you out.

The reason you cannot cite the relevant law is because none exists. As I said earlier taking money from stupid people is not nice, but it is not illegal.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
No Mark.
You are stuck in a vortex, I am trying to help you out.

The reason you cannot cite the relevant law is because none exists. As I said earlier taking money from stupid people is not nice, but it is not illegal.

There are thousands of laws that prohibit taking money from stupid people.
Thousands more laws on how to account for the money taken from the stupid people too. Enough laws to jam up the vortex. Hugh chunk of laws.

MarkvW said:
Saint Novitsky working for Boss Fabiani? Can't buy it.

Why would Jeff Novitsky, investigator for the US FDA, have anything to do with a purported fraud case driven by the FFF?

Or does arbitrarily throwing Novitsky's name out there make your hyperbole more salient and get a little slam in on him at the same time?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Why would Jeff Novitsky, investigator for the US FDA, have anything to do with a purported fraud case driven by the FFF?

Or does arbitrarily throwing Novitsky's name out there make your hyperbole more salient and get a little slam in on him at the same time?

The goal is to clog the toilet.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:

I believe Hoggy first mentioned it in this thread. And since I do not want another spanking, I will never ever doubt his word.

MacRoadie said:

Don't mean to slam Novitsky. Insert the name of any other agent that you think is working with Fabiani to "get" Floyd. My point is that it is very unlikely that ANY federal agent is working with Fabiani to persecute Floyd.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Don't mean to slam Novitsky. Insert the name of any other agent that you think is working with Fabiani to "get" Floyd. My point is that it is very unlikely that ANY federal agent is working with Fabiani to persecute Floyd.

You only need one Phil Halpern

TRENDING THREADS