• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Frank schleck

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please provide a summary of what happened to Frank Schleck with his positive at 2012 tdf ?
I know that the prior 96 pages will explain everything, but a brief summary would be really helpful for those that don't have an hour or two to read it all. Thanks.

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I did some googling previously, but your link was a better summary. I find it interesting that the Luxemburg Anti Doping body concluded that Shleck did not consume the substance intentionally. Is that essentially true ? Or is it bullish it ?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Bratam said:
I find it interesting that the Luxemburg Anti Doping body concluded that Shleck did not consume the substance intentionally. Is that essentially true ? Or is it bullish it ?

The expert that they consulted said in his report that doping could not be excluded but that it was unlikely in this case

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
webvan said:
So in contrast it means they think Bertie DID dope...I'm not convinced Schleck deserved a different treatment!

Was clenbuterol classified as doping or as "classified substance" like xipamide? If both have the same classification then the cases seem almost perfectly similar indeed except for the sentence... But I wonder whether maybe ALAD thought let's appease UCI/WADA by giving him one year whereas spanish federation went with innocent and then UCI/WADA had to appeal...

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
Was clenbuterol classified as doping or as "classified substance" like xipamide? If both have the same classification then the cases seem almost perfectly similar indeed except for the sentence... But I wonder whether maybe ALAD thought let's appease UCI/WADA by giving him one year whereas spanish federation went with innocent and then UCI/WADA had to appeal...

Xipamide is a specified substance, clenbuterol a prohibited substanced. It's pointless to compare the two cases.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
webvan said:
So in contrast it means they think Bertie DID dope...I'm not convinced Schleck deserved a different treatment!

Actuelly they concluded that Bertie probably DIDN'T dope. So yeah, its weird that Schleck gets 1 year and Bertie got 2. Maybe it was cos Bertie's case dragged about so long and they needed to give him an actual ban (had he gotten one year he would get no ban but only erased his results, since the case dragged out so long)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Lanark said:
And? That doesn't mean there shouldn't be more serious punishments for more serious offenders (like Contador).

Shouldn't Frank already be on a life time ban by this logic?

Not that I care, Frank's career is practically over anyway, ban or no ban.

I think Contador fans shouldn't let emotions get ahead of their judgment. Does it matter if a 2nd rate climber in the autumn of his career serves 1 instead of 2? Not really. But the flip side is it will be easier to say Contador got screwed out of a giro.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Wow Frank sure is a lucky son of a gun! Here's hoping his luck doesn't carry on much longer. Lets just hope some Frank blood bags turn up in the Puerto stash.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
fränkie.... back in action

9c1deb34368bf1a59f785c7c768eb0eebbb5815c.jpg

TRENDING THREADS