• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Frank schleck

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
hey y'all new to the forum and not sure if am doing this right, this quick reply thing kinda confuses me...anyhow...was hoping not to see this verdict against Frank...been watching the TDF and other races since the mid 80s, more heavily over the last 15-20 years...had kinda figured LA was dirty years ago and the Schleck brothers were kinda a saving grace for me, brothers riding together, all the emotions that come with that etc...GDI I just dont know what to believe in anymore:( lets get this truth and reconciliation thing moving and get cyclings rep shined up asap...been saying for years cycling needed a Serpico, anyhow, yeah....and GO US in the cyclocross Worlds woot!

will10 said:
Interesting that Frank had TUEs for two seperate asthma inhalers....nothing changes.

I like the "my hct was only 40%, so I couldn't have been using EPO" defence.

The UCI are bound to appeal to CAS, they stand to gain the €1.2 million fine if his ban is extended to 2 years.

Can't we just get rid of all the TUE's. I mean if a rider is sick or injured, stay home until healthy. Fuccing team doctors playing doping games.

All these millions that UCI wins from these cases. I can't find them in the annual report.

WildspokeJoe said:
Disappointed but not surprised.

I had hoped he had gotten a two year ban. But because he is missing the Tour it is essentially a two year ban.

I have no compassion for his situation as he admitted he went to Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes for 'training advice'.

Are you sayinfg the tour is the only race that onterests the Schlecks

Dazed and Confused said:
Can't we just get rid of all the TUE's. I mean if a rider is sick or injured, stay home until healthy. Fuccing team doctors playing doping games.

All these millions that UCI wins from these cases. I can't find them in the annual report.

Like most unexplained accounting practices at the UCI, see either: Slush fund / Nein & Phat Private Reserve / or something like that.

Dave.

LaFlorecita said:
I don't know what this means but I guess it is meant to be offensive. But I will not report your post because I understand this must be a difficult moment for you

I'd imagine a new keyboard would be in order after his likely short-circuited from all the crying and slobbering. Appears he's taking it a bit hard and trying to share his pain with you.:(

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
WildspokeJoe said:
Not the only but it's important to him and his sponsor.

He cheated. Got caught. See you in July Franko

I just wish it was like it was in the good old (actually not so old) days when a race would not invite a team because of a doping infraction, Vuelta should not allow Frank nor his team to race. Yea, the ban ends in July but that doesn't mean a race should allow it even if he is legally to race, make them pay before the T&R comes out and its all for not.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Denmark all of a sudden comes out from under the art deco table:

Avis: Schleck er 'Amigo de Birillo'
6107914-.jpg

Ref: http://www.sporten.dk/cykling/avis-schleck-er-amigo-de-birillo

Implicates poor Andy :(

:D

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
The source who confirms Frank as Amigo named Andy as a client of Fuentes as well.

It appeared in a Dutch paper over the weekend. Does anyone have a link to the original story?

No, it only implicated, not confirmed Fränk as 'Amigo de Birillo'.
Andy's name hasn't come up anywhere in the OP files

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
The source who confirms Frank as Amigo named Andy as a client of Fuentes as well.

It appeared in a Dutch paper over the weekend. Does anyone have a link to the original story?

Is it this?

http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2013/02/16...kraakt-bekijk-origineel-dopingschema-pantani/

Die meldt ook dat Andy Schleck, Fränks broer, géén klant was van Fuentes.

(which would mean that both NRC Handelsblad and sporten.dk says the source says Andy wasn't a client of Fuentes)

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Andy Schleck not a client

Seriously, how sh!t would it be for andy if his main rival dopes, his own brother dopes, and he, somehow didn't. He'd be white hot furious, surely?

No wonder he's 'unmotivated'

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
The UCI has not yet decided whether or not it will appeal the verdict of ALAD against Fränk Schleck.

"No decision has been made yet" said UCI press officer Enrico Carpani, who also explained that the UCI still has a few days left to do so. "Starting on the day where we are informed of the verdict, we have one month to appeal. I am not sure exactly when we received the paperwork, but usually it is about one week after the verdict".

It seems thus that Fränk Schleck will have to wait until the beginning of march. He himself also has the opportunity to appeal, however his party has declined to comment on that matter.

http://www.wort.lu/de/view/fall-fra...tscheidung-getroffen-51233c33e4b0db48addbe934