• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

French doping agency forwards report on Armstrong...what's this about?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Of course the french knobheads did send their "topman" to get Lance.

Did he get him?No chance..he made a mistake by himself so he could put all the blame on Lance.Why the feck didn`t he follow to the shower or let say why did he let him go to the shower?

Hes coming to get his 8th in July and the french booboys are already ****sing themselves:D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
He should be really careful about the f*cktwittery - Bordry is already refusing to comment because he thinks this is going to get more contentious and his Giro ride will also be in doubt if the AFLD start proceedings against him - at least it should be if RCS are applying the rules fairly (yeah, right)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
golancego said:
Of course the french knobheads did send their "topman" to get Lance.

Did he get him?No chance..he made a mistake by himself so he could put all the blame on Lance.Why the feck didn`t he follow to the shower or let say why did he let him go to the shower?

Hes coming to get his 8th in July and the french booboys are already ****sing themselves:D

Sorry, is the racist sentiment in this post really necessary?

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
If they have for almost 10 years tried to get him banned from cycling without success I then think its really time to give back a litlle bit!

How many times have Sandy Casar been tested/week?Just interested....:rolleyes:

It is getting somewhat unsavoury around here.
Just to remind folks that the moderators here can be pretty quick with their IP bans.;)

Another question I would like to ask.
"If the French are now so intent on getting him, by fair means or foul, why did they wait until now?"

How have they been trying for 10 years to catch him in any way that is different to the rest. Some special Lance test?

I mean, he's 37 and past his prime.
Did they go to any extremes when he was actually winning the Tour?
He simply got tested like the rest.
The fact that the doping climate has changed, since 2005, in so far as out of competiton testing is now far more rigorous, is hardly the fault of the French.

Conspiracy theories are usually the last, desperate resort, for those jammed into a corner.

Disappointed by all the spin and judgment here. :confused:

That link to the Associated Press article is a good start. To quote: "The prospect for fans of cycling and of Armstrong _ often two diametrically opposed groups of people _ is confusion."

So many questions remain. If AFLD sent their most trusted tester, why did Lance and JB feel the guy didn't have his paperwork in order and may have been some journalist/spy and need to call the UCI?

Wouldn't such a phone call be able to resolve the issue within a matter of a minute or two? JB and LA must have AFLD, UCI and ASO authorities on speed dial, wouldn't you think? And wouldn't you think that once someone at the UCI hears "this is Johan Brunyeel, let me talk to..." that he would get immediately taken care of?

Did the tester consent to Lance showering as LA and JB say, which would seem to be completely out of character, and the guidelines? If so, why? Or, as the AFLD states, the tester repeatedly warned Lance that he could not do so without facing repercussions? Did he tell LA and JB that it would be a violation of rules that he would have to report? Or did he simply say, "I wouldn't do that, sir"?

Just what exactly did Lance tell the guy? That he was showering and the guy would have to wait, and deal with it. Or did was it something like, "The shower is right here, behind this door, you're happy to inspect my clothing, and everything in the bathroom when I'm out."

Where exactly did the conversation take place? Is this an issue where the tester sat at the bottom of a stairwell, while Lance was on the other side of a 4,000 square foot house showering? Or was the guy in the house and had near visual contact with Lance, with exception to when Lance was naked in the shower itself?

This looks more and more like a "he said/no I didn't" argument, where LA and JB will insist one thing, and the tester the other, and perhaps ultimately ASO or even the UCI will have to sort it out.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
golancego,
France was the first country to take a good step against doping so they did not only made it a sport offence to dope, but they made it a criminal offence as well.
I think LA is not only banned hopefully he is going to jail as well.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully goes to jail:D

Really?Do you know what kind of work Mr.Armstrong has done for cancervictims?

Can you gave a name of one person who has done a bigger and better job for the fight against cancer?

And you still hope he`s gonna be jailed?I really feel sorry for you:mad:

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Bro,
you are taking that out of context, totally. LA probably has shared a good amount of his cash with the cancer community. I have never said anything about that, or plan to get into that. But I can see where your bone tingles :)
All that I am saying here is there are rules you play the game. One of those is not dissapearing to take a shower if a tester is there to take your samples. At least that is what WADA says. If the guy did not play by the rules (which still is there to be decide) the punishment needs to fit the crime. If the guy played by the rules, he has nothing to be worried about.
My point all along here is that one should always measure the risk and if you are a targeted man you should err on the side of caution, which he did not do.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
In the UK most people would immediately think of Jade Goody when you mention cancer - she's had a huge impact on raising awareness in this country. It's somewhat egocentric to assume that only Armstrong can do good work for cancer - Jane Tomlinson is another who springs readily to mind.

Yes, he raises money - though the organisers of the TDU were somewhat surprised to see the 1 million dollars they thought they's donated to Livestrong go straight into Armstrong's own pocket - but that's an entirely separate issue from whether or not he broke the rules that he knows inside out.

It still puzzles me why you call the UCI to verify the identity of an AFLD tester - was Bruyneel's 'excellent French' not up to a conversation with Bordry?

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
golancego said:
Hopefully goes to jail:D

Really?Do you know what kind of work Mr.Armstrong has done for cancervictims?

Can you gave a name of one person who has done a bigger and better job for the fight against cancer?

And you still hope he`s gonna be jailed?I really feel sorry for you:mad:

erm ... Marie Curie

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
In the UK most people would immediately think of Jade Goody when you mention cancer - she's had a huge impact on raising awareness in this country. It's somewhat egocentric to assume that only Armstrong can do good work for cancer - Jane Tomlinson is another who springs readily to mind.

Yes, he raises money - though the organisers of the TDU were somewhat surprised to see the 1 million dollars they thought they's donated to Livestrong go straight into Armstrong's own pocket - but that's an entirely separate issue from whether or not he broke the rules that he knows inside out.

It still puzzles me why you call the UCI to verify the identity of an AFLD tester - was Bruyneel's 'excellent French' not up to a conversation with Bordry?

Sorry to be the barer of bad news . Did you know that Jade Goody had 2 abnormal Cervical smears 3 years ago and chose not to follow up on it?
She wasnt as much of a saint as every one thinks.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Wattini said:
All that I am saying here is there are rules you play the game. One of those is not dissapearing to take a shower if a tester is there to take your samples. At least that is what WADA says. If the guy did not play by the rules (which still is there to be decide) the punishment needs to fit the crime. If the guy played by the rules, he has nothing to be worried about.

Exactly! If Lance gets off for breaking this rule then Micheal Rasmussen must be let back in, because nobody ran up to Micheal and told him what would happen if he didn't log his change in itinerary to the UCI. You can't ban one rider for breaking the rules and not another. Also, Micheal never tested positive so no harm right! :D

I wonder if I can use that excuse the next time a cop stops me for speeding? "Oscifer, I saw the sign but nobody warned me that I would get a ticket for going over the listed speed, duuhhhh....".

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
ukpaul said:
All you asked was what could be done in 20 minutes.

thx...although there seems to be some "internet" indications (length of time) to the contrary, I will defer to your 20 minute estimate and its presumed immediate effectiveness for negating blood-based drug tests.

I guess my question was that if the blood dump wouldn't actually mask any markers that would show up in his urine or hair, would there be a point in doing that?

I am trying to reconcile this picture being painted of the situation: Lance, body full of dope, riding up with Johan, sees the tester, they give each other the nudge, nudge, wink, wink, let's delay! and 20 minutes later -- boom! clean as a new born!

That seems to be the "federal case" that is trying to be set up here

....but since there is absent a positive test results or drug evidence, the technical pre-test process requirements become a surrogate for, or as important as, a guilty drug finding.

(ironically, isn't this the opposite of the Landis case, where the positive drug test was ruled to trump the flawed handling/process by the French Labs?)

the French and others need to reconcile the fact that Lance can be an ego-maniac **** head and not be a doper....the two things are independent of each other......

I really dislike all this anti-french rubbish. Sorry to bring politics into this but...first a disclaimer.

I lived in the US 2001-02, went to USPROs in Philly, San Fran GP, seen Lance. I love the US, have been back many times & indeed am going in May to visit old buddies.

However, I remember my visit in 03, it was at the time of the US invasion of Iraq. The majority of Americans were in support of the invasions, Bush, WMDs and all that jazz. The French were big objectors to the invasion. The level of hate towars the French was unreal, they stopped buying French wine, renamed French Fries, 'Freedom fries', it was totally unreal if not witnessed and well we all know how things went. No WMDs were found, Iraq descended into chaos and the American public stopped believing Bush/government. The French:vindicated.

This whole anti-French tirade is so similar, so my advice is be respectful. Again, I will point out, why do we trust AFLD to catch Ricco, Beltran, Schumacher, Duenas last year but somehow its different with Lance.

If Lance truly believed the French were out to get him like he did in 05, he would never have taken the risk of coming back. Besides its the French press that is anti-Lance as oppesed to the testers. Anyway, I dont think anything will come out of it at all. Lance will be at the tour.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
The number 8 is coming home,its coming home,its coming home :p

8th Tour victory nannnaaa,nannaaann,nannnaaa...:D

And the french is going :mad:

Naaannaaa,nannnaaaa,nannaaaaa:D

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I really think it is funny that a Frenchman would have the nerve to say that the Americans are the bad guys. If it wasn't for the US the world would be a very different place. There wouldn't be France (Run by the Germans), wouldn't be South Korea (Run by the Communist North), there wouldn't be many Asian countrys (Run by the Japanese) and there wouldn't be Germany (it would still be divided in east and west). So what has the French done for anyone lately.

I hope lance rips the French's $&^$'s off.

cyclevelo said:
I really think it is funny that a Frenchman would have the nerve to say that the Americans are the bad guys. If it wasn't for the US the world would be a very different place. There wouldn't be France (Run by the Germans), wouldn't be South Korea (Run by the Communist North), there wouldn't be many Asian countrys (Run by the Japanese) and there wouldn't be Germany (it would still be divided in east and west). So what has the French done for anyone lately.

I hope lance rips the French's $&^$'s off.

Oh dear, I think it's time for this thread to go away.:(

Gentlemen: Please don't feed the trolls.

Also, Micheal never tested positive so no harm right!
Sorry to burst your bubble, as you had something going there, but the Chicken tested positive for Dynepo after the Tour was over.
pmcg76 said:
However, I remember my visit in 03, it was at the time of the US invasion of Iraq. The majority of Americans were in support of the invasions, Bush, WMDs and all that jazz.
The majority of Americans??? Where did you visit? Texas? :confused:

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I do believe it was the majority of Americans. At the time during 911 the Bush's approval rating was higher than NOBAMO. As you can see I am a REPUBLICAN!!!

But I do believe we shouldn't discuss politics on a cycling forum. It really gets under people's skin no matter what political party you are a member of.

Ok, bad mistake to even bring politics into this, but mr cyclevelo just illustrated the kind of france is crap/US is great rubbish that is going on here.

You forgot, without France, we wouldnt have the Tour de France, the greatest annual sportsevent in the world with or without Lance.

I am definitely not French either and I never visited Texas, more East coast, opinion polls of the time informed me or maybe I was watching too much Fox news!!!

cyclevelo said:
At the time during 911 the Bush's approval rating was higher than NOBAMO. As you can see I am a REPUBLICAN!!!
That's super. Except he was visiting not just after 9/11, but in 2003. I'm contending his post because it makes it sound like the majority of us were all lined up like brainwashed lemmings following our leader, Bush.
...maybe I was watching too much Fox news!!!
That would be my guess. They loved Bush and defended him and the war in Iraq almost every chance they could get.
But I do believe we shouldn't discuss politics on a cycling forum.
Too late. This thread is about to be killed by the administrators anyway, as it should be I suppose.

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
But shouldn't NOBAMA's approval rating be higher than Bush's since he is coming in with a recession even though the Demo's caused the problem by making banks take on risky loans. The demos told the banks that they have to start providing mortgages to low income families because they are owed the American dream instead of working for it. In 02 and 03, Bush told the congress that there needs to be more oversite/regulations within Fannie Mae and Freddie Mack but Barne Frank and the other Demos said "no" that everything is fine. Don't mess with me I know my politics and came back up my statements.

And Yes I do watch Foxnews. and just about all Americans do because there ratings for all their programs are on top of the rating board. NBC and MSNBC are at the bottom with CNN.

TRENDING THREADS