• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1019 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
this day just made a bit of justice , Uci has done all the exams necessary so Froome is officially A DOPER , this is a great day hope that WADA doesn't ruin things , BUT now will Nibali have his vuelta back?

What is clear to me is that it doesn't matter his defense he will lose his Vuelta title, that doze gave him an "extra" and that extra gave him an enormous advantage over the contenders, if it was a mistake or not, won't erase that advantage from the books; and of course a temporary ban will take place...

Now, what remains unclear are his predecent victories, because once more the Livestrong ritual are on scene, where the allowed doping from USADA, are giving enough place for the "sick" pros to play with the allowed limits, in order to get small advantages that can make a huge difference on long efforts like a GT.

I know that it always have been like that, but now is clear that CF was using that advantage on GTs (I think that the real error was an abnormal BB and now he got caught, but I won't use this hypothesis as a base for my statement).

This is serious and will open the debate of the authorized limits for certain substances, because I think that 1ng of salbutamol is an advantage for a sick person, so if authorities decide to review all precedent limits of CF for this medication, they will find that most of them are near that point, and for me that's a clear statement of an approved dope.

Is it legal? Of course is legal!

Is it right? Of course isn't right!

What are they going to do now??

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Re:

huangho said:
What is clear to me is that it doesn't matter his defense he will lose his Vuelta title, that doze gave him an "extra" and that extra gave him an enormous advantage over the contenders, if it was a mistake or not, won't erase that advantage from the books; and of course a temporary ban will take place...

Now, what remains unclear are his predecent victories, because once more the Livestrong ritual are on scene, where the allowed doping from USADA, are giving enough place for the "sick" pros to play with the allowed limits, in order to get small advantages that can make a huge difference on long efforts like a GT.

I know that it always have been like that, but now is clear that CF was using that advantage on GTs (I think that the real error was an abnormal BB and now he got caught, but I won't use this hypothesis as a base for my statement).

This is serious and will open the debate of the authorized limits for certain substances, because I think that 1ng of salbutamol is an advantage for a sick person, so if authorities decide to review all precedent limits of CF for this medication, they will find that most of them are near that point, and for me that's a clear statement of an approved dope.

IF HE WILL HAVE THIS FAKE VUELTA TITLE , pro cycling is more than done is just junk
and for the past well the motor maybe will not be found but ......who knows , i have also doubts about the 2015 tour de france also

Everyone laughing at Chris Froome, Sky, Dave Brailsford and all the other hypocrites out there that no doubt deserve this fate seem to be missing the bigger picture in that this is AWFUL for pro cycling! A four time Tour De France champion has just been given back an AAF and people are laughing about it like it's funny or good for cycling when it's not funny at all, although it does feel good to be proven right it's not a laughing matter if you're a fan of pro cycling. I suppose the snipers of the world are having a good time with this but personally, I think this is just another black mark on a sport that has too many black marks to it's credit.

I love pro cycling and feel like I've been punched in the gut even though I'm not at all a Chris Froome or Team Sky fan.

Someday, all these doping scandals are going to catch up to the sport, is this the day? :(

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Irondan said:
Everyone laughing at Chris Froome, Sky, Dave Brailsford and all the other hypocrites out there that no doubt deserve this fate seem to be missing the bigger picture in that this is AWFUL for pro cycling! A four time Tour De France champion has just been given back an AAF and people are laughing about it like it's funny or good for cycling when it's not funny at all, although it does feel good to be proven right it's not a laughing matter if you're a fan of pro cycling. I suppose the snipers of the world are having a good time with this but personally, I think this is just another black mark on a sport that has too many black marks to it's credit.

I love pro cycling and feel like I've been punched in the gut even though I'm not at all a Chris Froome or Team Sky fan.

Someday, all these doping scandals are going to catch up to the sport, is this the day? :(
That day will be when we will found that FROOME used a MOTOR on ventoux , but in the mind of people with a little bit of intelligence that is a certain thing

Re: Re:

telencefalus said:
Irondan said:

That day will be when we will found that FROOME used a MOTOR on ventoux , but in the mind of people with a little bit of intelligence that is a certain thing

I have a little bit of intelligence. I once got a gold star at school to prove it. It's not a certain thing in my mind.

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Irondan said:

I agree. I am already imagining all the cynical remarks from my friends I have to deal with about the credibility of the sport.

telencefalus said:
this day just made a bit of justice , Uci has done all the exams necessary so Froome is officially A DOPER , this is a great day hope that WADA doesn't ruin things , BUT now will Nibali have his vuelta back?
Why would another doper(Nibali)get his title back from another doper? Might as well give Wonderboy back his 7 titles then, too funny. :lol:

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

brownbobby said:
telencefalus said:
Irondan said:

I have a little bit of intelligence. I once got a gold star at school to prove it. It's not a certain thing in my mind.
Right you have a bit of intelligence is not a certain thing is an ALMOST certain thing

I just learnt the newsflash this morning...... :surprised:
So he "inhaled" TWICE the limit threshold of Salbutamol - TWICE as much

just Strip him of his Vuelta title right away, give him the proper ban starting effective immediately & make an example of him.

.....and then start looking for those hidden motors making the likes of Poels & Moscon ride 20% grades with such ease...

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Irondan said:

Of course this is terrible for the sport. But what do you want? Either allow a doping free for all, or set the rules and enforce them.

Trying do do everything within the rules to gain an advantage is ok. Anything else is not. Sky's results have been as dodgy as Armstrong's US postal.

They were just good at not getting caught.

Am I happy about it? No. But what else is there? Cover it up?

Re:

Irondan said:

havent you heard?
that is a great day for cycling

even the people and members, the wiser ones, are fans and have their bad riders to cheer against. doping is not considered a problem very much.

when Sky and the Brits will crash dow, cycling will go back to its status quo, with the main traditional nations winning, as it has to be. finally freed and hallelujah, Italian French Colombians Spanish will again be strong and win GT for the joy of us all
;)
do they dope? yes, who cares, we want the show

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
telencefalus said:
Why would another doper(Nibali)get his title back from another doper? Might as well give Wonderboy back his 7 titles then, too funny. :lol:
that's a big difference not for me but for uci , Nibali is not an official doper , while froome is that

Re:

Irondan said:

This is an awful day for the sport. He has been caught for going over the top on one of the mildest doping performance enhancers.

Just thunk what would have been the fall out if they had actually busted him for something very major.

telencefalus said:
86TDFWinner said:
telencefalus said:
that's a big difference not for me but for uci , Nibali is not an official doper , while froome is that

well, for you Froome was an official doper even before being official. I didnt remember you, before today, saying "Froome is not an official doper" as you are saying for Nibali
we all have our favourite doper eh?

telencefalus said:
huangho said:

IF HE WILL HAVE THIS FAKE VUELTA TITLE , pro cycling is more than done is just junk
and for the past well the motor maybe will not be found but ......who knows , i have also doubts about the 2015 tour de france also

2015? This calls into question EVERY TITLE he's won, he wasn't "clean" BEFORE, he's now been busted for something MANY here already knew: that Froome IS A DOPER! He's NEVER BEEN OR WON ""CLEAN", The sooner you come to grips with that, the better.

telencefalus said:
brownbobby said:
telencefalus said:
Irondan said:

Right you have a bit of intelligence is not a certain thing is an ALMOST certain thing

No, not even close to being probable in my mind.

Todays events have been seismic in terms of the doping debate; he's shifted from highly suspicious but innocent until proven guilty, to now being guilty until proven innocent in my mind.

My views on the whole motors debate hasn't shifted one bit though. In fact, why would he bother with PED's just to sit on a motorbike.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
pastronef said:
telencefalus said:
86TDFWinner said:
telencefalus said:

well, for you Froome was an official doper even before being official. I didnt remember you, before today, saying "Froome is not an official doper" as you are saying for Nibali
we all have our favourite doper eh?
well i 'm pretty sure Nibali is not the guy to break the inner cycling rule in order to do the tour vuelta double , he knows that is not able to do that with ordinary doping so i'm prety sure he will not pass the limit

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

brownbobby said:
telencefalus said:
brownbobby said:
telencefalus said:
Irondan said:

No, not even close to being probable in my mind.

Todays events have been seismic in terms of the doping debate; he's shifted from highly suspicious but innocent until proven guilty, to now being guilty until proven innocent in my mind.

My views on the whole motors debate hasn't shifted one bit though. In fact, why would he bother with PED's just to sit on a motorbike.
come on froome venotux in 2013 was not credible to do that Attacks on the saddle at 850 watt and with that cadence i DO NOT BELIEVE , and the truth about that will not be made because uci had to dismantle froome bike that day

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
Yeah the motor truth will have to come from Froome himself ala Lance tell all.
that what make me really sad , we will never officially know if he used a motor on ventoux in 2013 ,and of course he will not tell us about that , but -----you never know