• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 198 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Cycling is sooooooo healthy:

BPBYFxICYAAVVyj.jpg:large

Biafra racing.

Crazy.

Who in the right mind wants their children involved in a sport where the top man looks like this?

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Nothing to see here..

From this article:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-dismisses-vayers-power-estimates

"Interpreting Froome's improvement against the watch in recent years is no simple matter either. Prior to the 2011 Tour de Suisse, Froome had never finished in the top 10 in a time trial in a WorldTour event, yet a little over two years later, the 28-year-old put two minutes into his overall rivals in a 33-kilometre time trial at the Tour de France."

As others as stated, the combination of ITT and fast ascents, within days of each other, make me draw the simple conclusion - he is not clean.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Froomstrong said:
From this article:

"Interpreting Froome's improvement against the watch in recent years is no simple matter either. Prior to the 2011 Tour de Suisse, Froome had never finished in the top 10 in a time trial in a WorldTour event, yet a little over two years later, the 28-year-old put two minutes into his overall rivals in a 33-kilometre time trial at the Tour de France."

As others as stated, the combination of ITT and fast ascents, within days of each other, make me draw the simple conclusion - he is not clean.

If only life could be that simple! :D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Froomstrong said:
From this article:

decent hygiene tho

cound swears by the pheromones

I love this from Veloclinic:

Froome’s 6.5 watts per kg is a doped fueled fantasy

The sellers of training will tell you “its the training". The sellers of equipment will tell you “its the equipment". The sellers of dope will tell you “there is no dope".

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Puckfiend said:
I love this from Veloclinic:

Froome’s 6.5 watts per kg is a doped fueled fantasy

The sellers of training will tell you “its the training". The sellers of equipment will tell you “its the equipment". The sellers of dope will tell you “there is no dope".
Like if the whole peloton except Froome didn't train or didn't have the same hi-tech equipment.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
yeah, i'm right with you. if ever there was a race you could win with only 7 including a hairline fracture of the hip, this is it.

but someone needs to ask the question of the gutless brad wiggins. you werent given a knighthood cos you were gutless. man up, play the team game, and pay froome back.

Why should Wiggins risk losing everything he gained last year, to come back for this joke of a Tour?

Wiggins knew Froome was gunning for this Tour and he knew what measures he'd take to get there dope wise. EXTREME. So why put himself alongside that? Why risk everything? Better to act as he always has...self interest.

Also, have you considered BC that Wiggins leeway to push the ABP was over? That he had a time limit and knew the gig was over? That he'd pushed too far so to speak?

murali said:
i think Sky may ask him to slow down, just to get away from doping allegations

I think the issue is, Sky is actually weakened ( unless it's all an act but meh ).
Froome is "only" 2 minutes ahead. He can't risk too many stages like yesterday and who knows what kind of stuff can happen in the third week if he gets isolated in the alps. I think he will take time where he can, and that will mean going Full *** on the Ventoux.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Why should Wiggins risk losing everything he gained last year, to come back for this joke of a Tour?

Wiggins knew Froome was gunning for this Tour and he knew what measures he'd take to get there dope wise. EXTREME. So why put himself alongside that? Why risk everything? Better to act as he always has...self interest.

Also, have you considered BC that Wiggins leeway to push the ABP was over? That he had a time limit and knew the gig was over? That he'd pushed too far so to speak?

wigans wont be risking much. yeah, ego. yeah, some reputation, while the british public still imbibe the DimSpace mythology of premier character and work ethic. the chariots of fire muscular christianity w@nk. let them have their delusion

what is he risking? well, he aint risking his knighthood unless they bust him for doping. he is just manning up and paying Froome back for last years effort when froome was the best man but sacrificed his own chance.

ok, if his mythology is demolished, he might lose post career earnings from endorsements and media gigs, and doing some good george best impressions with beer ambassadorships....

i dont know, i am old fashioned, i thought wigans owed chris froome.

murali said:
Tactical mistake. I got the point.

If Froome had gone into red in that windy flat stage, then that might just be his natural level. You can never plan for stages like tht. It felt as if Froome and his teammates hadn't 'planned' for such a contingency.

I don't think they really did. Sky is all about control, control, then turn the screws when it is all about TTs and MTFs.

The peloton has figured out how to disrupt the control part. Will it be enough? I am not convinced yet! :p We'll see what tomorrow looks like.

The other thing I am beginning to think is that WADA is turning the screws a bit this year, as 2012 might have been a bit over the top.

blackcat said:
well, he is not called the angriest man in the peloton for nuffin.

in Tour of California on one of the climbs Robbie Hunter got in a tiff with Popovich. And Popo was a golden gloves champion in school. that would be a fist fight i would pay to see. no julich and blijlevens handbags at 10 paces.

oh, hunter alan. the speedos crowd can get screwed.

spencer smith>alan hunter

Hunter Allen helped train S2? Was S2 popped or suspicious of anything?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Ripper said:
Hunter Allen helped train S2? Was S2 popped or suspicious of anything?

I don't believe that Hunter (Allen) has trained or helped train any elite triathletes. BMXers, yes, but triathletes, no. IOW, blackcat just seemed to be riffing in a name-association game.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Someone needs to start an acoggan thread...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I think tomorrow, we'll see the "full ***" ride we are all hoping to see, and that Froome's estimated power data will be on par with the doped performances of the past once again...and I'm sure we can chalk it up to motor pacing up climbs (this is Mike Creed's theory) as a team...because nobody in the history of mankind ever thought of something like that...