• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 316 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
When is the next episode for midsomer murders inspector barnaby?

Not sure of airing date but I can tell you that a Professor Benotti Hogsniper is found brutally murdered with a satellite receiver inserted where it is unlikely to receive a signal.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Barnaby said:
Not sure of airing date but I can tell you that a Professor Benotti Hogsniper is found brutally murdered with a satellite receiver inserted where it is unlikely to receive a signal.

I take it he was a professor in medicine who knew multiple foreign languages. He was also a cycling fan who used his satellite dish to follow races even in other months than July, with French, Dutch, Spanish or Italian commentators. He had it coming.

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
Love that 'things you know are 100% cheating' - who knew there were degrees of cheating? Guess that's the mental dance you do with yourself to justify what you're doing as not 100% therefore not punishable.

Plus ca change...

Exactly my thoughts.

However , If I recall correctly the Contador case wasn't a case of 100% cheating according to some people because there was so few clenbuterol in his blood that it was nearly impossible that he got that through transfusion...maybe he was refering to those kind of cases.

gthx_gthx_ said:
Exactly my thoughts.

However , If I recall correctly the Contador case wasn't a case of 100% cheating according to some people because there was so few clenbuterol in his blood that it was nearly impossible that he got that through transfusion...maybe he was refering to those kind of cases.

Come on now, we all know that he got it through a blood transfusion. You really think he got it by eating steak, impossible according to CAS or through dirty supplement, impossible according to Contador legal team?
And he got those plasticizers by drinking 100 liters of water from polyethylene bottles?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Almeisan said:
Come on now, we all know that he got it through a blood transfusion. You really think he got it by eating steak, impossible according to CAS or through dirty supplement, impossible according to Contador legal team?
And he got those plasticizers by drinking 100 liters of water from polyethylene bottles?

Now I do not doubt AC was transfusing, but these things stick out.

1. Clen contamination and meat has been in the news recently due to a Soccer event in Mexico. Players from several teams and countries all got the same contamination. It was indeed found out to be meat. And those values were quite like those of AC. And if you know anything about the meat industry, even in Europe you would probably turn vegetarian. Sometimes it's much better not to know :(

2. Supplement contamination is really common, but unacceptable to AC as that still gets you a ban.

I am 100% sure AC was transfusing, but the Clen case was just a way to get to an otherwise untouchable cheater. And I have a huge problem with that. It's not how the system should work, even though I have no illusions about AC.

About the plasticizer test, this is not often mentioned on the clinic, but your blood, my blood, it's more than likely failing such a test. Plasticizers are indeed a widespread issue. And this means you will indeed get false positives. This makes the admissability of such a test problematic.

Yes, there is Omerta, yes there is corruption, but here in the clinic we operate on much lower evidence standards than admissable in court. And that's fine considering our nature, but people tend to forget that and think everything is slam-dunk. And otoh some appologists use it to ridicule the clinic, which is actually even more laughable as the reality is showing the clinic is right tome and time again.

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Franklin said:
Now I do not doubt AC was transfusing, but these things stick out.

I am 100% sure AC was transfusing, but the Clen case was just a way to get to an otherwise untouchable cheater. And I have a huge problem with that. It's not how the system should work, even though I have no illusions about AC.

Also Sprach Verdruggen: "I can make anyone positive".

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
While reading up on some stuff from Fahey, I ran across this. The interview was from Feb of this year, and not about Froome. But rather interesting nonetheless.

Cyclingnews: Earlier today WADA director general Mr Howman specifically talked about athletes travelling to specific and remote locations in the world where testing was hard to carry out. He talked about athletes staying on the top of mountains for altitude training and being in locations where they could see testers coming due to small airports and single roads up to locations. Is that a genuine threat to the anti-doping fight?

Fahey: It's a simple fact but to the extent that all sports have a testing pool and those within the pool have to give their whereabouts every single day. That gives you some level of capacity to find them and test them but if you've got an athlete who moves continents to go training or goes to a remote part of the world, how much money do you spend to get a sample? The temptation is to wait until he or she comes back to the capital city or our own country so it's in that context that on some level there is the capacity for some athletes to stay away from where they might be tested.

There are ways and means that athletes will use and there have to be ways for us to overcome that avoidance process and we do have those. But it's a lot easier to test someone in a capital city than, dare I say it, the mountains of Kenya.

CN: That sounds as though the reality is that if an athlete travels far away they have a green light to dope, potentially.

Fahey: There's been concern expressed. I mention Kenya and the altitude training athletes from all around the world go to. To the credit of the IAAF they sent a team in last December and took 40 samples and managed to get it to a lab within the 36-hour window of opportunity.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Franklin said:
About the plasticizer test, this is not often mentioned on the clinic, but your blood, my blood, it's more than likely failing such a test. Plasticizers are indeed a widespread issue. And this means you will indeed get false positives. This makes the admissability of such a test problematic.

I remember reading contador,s plasticizer count was 8 times the 'normal' value.
sorry, no link.
that said, ur of course right (and i guess contadors case has shown) that its use as evidence in court would cause all sorts of problems.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
So was Nibali at Pologne on the climbs. It's a training ride for him.

But I guess you wouldnt understand basic facts like that.

I do understand. It is called doping. But then you put your head in the sand about things like that.;)

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I do understand. It is called doping. But then you put your head in the sand about things like that.;)

Who? Everyone else but Froome now, or Froome doped in order to get dropped?

Training ride is a more logical explanation as the benefits of doping don't reverse that quickly.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

So does every major GC contender in a training race, when drops out of pack, dopes?

Well, I think you should leave this sport if you can't enjoy it mate ;)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
Who? Everyone else but Froome now, or Froome doped in order to get dropped?

No doping for Eneco tour, hence dropped. But no doubt there will be a million lame excuses for Froome dropping.

Nibali is a client fo Ferarri.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
So does every major GC contender in a training race, when drops out of pack, dopes?

Well, I think you should leave this sport if you can't enjoy it mate ;)

Was Froome not training in Tuscany? So why cant he keep up with a yank peloton? He is supposedly the greatest talent ever on a bike after he got his Badzilla fixed.

So Nibali gets dropped in Poland means what?

I enjoy the sport fine, it is because i dont emotionally invest in any riders.....mate.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
At least we know now that he has not been gene doping. Or he has to hold back not going into too much of an oxygen dept otherwise his repoxygen might cause a passport positive :cool: