• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 320 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
kovi123 said:
Interesting article on Froome's bilharzia http://bit.ly/15mJYDu

No its not. Its the usual crap from a teenager who was a miserable failure as a poster on these forums, failing to understand the most basic arguments. He hashes together Sky's comments on the disease, despite the discrepancies, presenting all of them as unquestionable factsand tautologises them.

This pseudo-scientific paragprah shows clearly that froome_fan, as he was known to do as a poster on here, has either not bothered reading or simply failed to understand any of the arguments surrounding the debate.

But for Froome not everything is plain sailing. The bilharzia worms lay eggs deep within Froome’s system and therefore though the Praziquantel does kill the majority of the parasites, there is a still risk of the disease returning. Therefore Froome currently undergoes treatment at regular intervals of around every 6 months and then goes for a subsequent s

How is the disease at risk of returning? It has been well established by now that the disease cannot disappear and rereturn supernaturally. If it is defeated then it will not magically come back 6 months later since the eggs cant hatch. If it is not defeated then it wont go away in the first place.

Froome19 didnt read the debate and commits the most basic error. The "article" attempt is therefore a major fail, 1 out of 10, no matter how many times fanboys may push it like armstrong fans did Fabianis and Ligget's nonesence.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Wouldnt it be great if Froome went down the Wiggins path of embarrassment?

Im sure he will be back to Armstrong levels next year though, after a nice training camp in Kenya and fresh badzilla infection.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
No its not. Its the usual crap from a teenager who was a miserable failure as a poster on these forums, failing to understand the most basic arguments. He hashes together Sky's comments on the disease, despite the discrepancies, presenting all of them as unquestionable factsand tautologises them.

This pseudo-scientific paragprah shows clearly that froome_fan, as he was known to do as a poster on here, has either not bothered reading or simply failed to understand any of the arguments surrounding the debate.

How is the disease at risk of returning? It has been well established by now that the disease cannot disappear and rereturn supernaturally. If it is defeated then it will not magically come back 6 months later since the eggs cant hatch. If it is not defeated then it wont go away in the first place.

Froome19 didnt read the debate and commits the most basic error. The "article" attempt is therefore a major fail, 1 out of 10, no matter how many times fanboys may push it like armstrong fans did Fabianis and Ligget's nonesence.

I have read the debate and I am afraid that you have confused the two different types of Bilharzia; Acute Bilharzia and Chronic Bilharzia.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Froome19 said:
I have read the debate and I am afraid that you have confused the two different types of Bilharzia; Acute Bilharzia and Chronic Bilharzia.

Which does he have?

If you ask me has chronic doping syndrome.

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
According to the NHS, Chronic Bilharzia is not a separate disease, it is just exacerbated symptoms due to the disease festering for a longer time.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/schistosomiasis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

According to the WHO, schistosomiasis is a chronic disease. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs115/en/

Froome 19 can you source where 'Chronic' schistosomiasis is listed as a separate disease with a different treatment please? BTW this is off-topic here as there is a Bilharzia thread, please provide your answer in that. Thanks

bewildered said:
According to the NHS, Chronic Bilharzia is not a separate disease, it is just exacerbated symptoms due to the disease festering for a longer time.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/schistosomiasis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

According to the WHO, schistosomiasis is a chronic disease. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs115/en/

Froome 19 can you source where 'Chronic' schistosomiasis is listed as a separate disease with a different treatment please? BTW this is off-topic here as there is a Bilharzia thread, please provide your answer in that. Thanks

They are not separate diseases - froome19 was foolish to suggest the were.

But equally foolish is to suggest that a disease that effects about 100 million Africans and is caused by a parasite effects everyone uniformly.

Has Contador ever tanked a race like Froome tanked the USA pro cycling challenge? I can't seem to remember any race where he has been even close to this bad, at least not since 2007. But that's because he has this thing called natural talent.

The world's best climber should be a good climber even when far off his top shape. Like Dan Martin said in an interview before the Vuelta "You can't lose much form in 4 weeks". Apparently that's not true for Froome, who can go from matching Armstrong's ascent times to being dropped by Juraj Sagan...

May 26, 2009
Visit site
http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,29275_8889685,00.html

“We pulled Froomey because he was feeling a bit under the weather. He wanted to finish the race but we told him ‘rather than pushing it, see how you feel once you get going, and if you’re still not right then there’s nothing to gain by continuing’. We didn’t want the racing to exasperate the problem with him heading into his next block of training."

After the Worlds, I'm guessing 'Badzilla' will show up for an encore performance.

BYOP88 said:
http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,29275_8889685,00.html

“We pulled Froomey because he was feeling a bit under the weather. He wanted to finish the race but we told him ‘rather than pushing it, see how you feel once you get going, and if you’re still not right then there’s nothing to gain by continuing’. We didn’t want the racing to exasperate the problem with him heading into his next block of training."

After the Worlds, I'm guessing 'Badzilla' will show up for an encore performance.

How did you know what I was thinking??

May 26, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
How did you know what I was thinking??

Great minds and all :)

The timeline will be something like this, goes back to Kenya/South Africa in November/December and in the first couple of months next year, the press will be feed the line that he got 'Badzilla' again, natch! So he'll have had another course of treatment, but hopefully it's really gone this time and wont prevent him from defending his Tour title.
Depending on how the results go in the first half of the year, he'll either be 'cured' or will/may need another course of treatment in late May/early June. Luckily in July he'll be totally cured because everyone knows Badzilla leaves the system/rests in July.

I wonder if Team SKY's premium sports nutrition products
made by CNP (which is owned by FIRST MILK, a co-operative
of 2000 farmers in England, Scotland and Wales) were stuck
in American customs?

The revolutionary CNP products, which are made with premium
grade ingredients (many sourced directly from the same British
farmers that own the FIRST MILK co-operative, and thus CNP)
are a large part of Team SKY's daily dietary/nutritional protocol
and would have been difficult to replace on short notice.

I am not suggesting that U.S. Customs and Border Protection
or any agency related to the U.S. Department of Homeland
Security is part of a conspiracy against Team SKY, but I wouldn't
be surprised if the USADA was interested in the CNP products
because, although they are 100% legal, they are so vastly
superior to "similar" products from other companies.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
Great minds and all :)

The timeline will be something like this, goes back to Kenya/South Africa in November/December and in the first couple of months next year, the press will be feed the line that he got 'Badzilla' again, natch! So he'll have had another course of treatment, but hopefully it's really gone this time and wont prevent him from defending his Tour title.
Depending on how the results go in the first half of the year, he'll either be 'cured' or will/may need another course of treatment in late May/early June. Luckily in July he'll be totally cured because everyone knows Badzilla leaves the system/rests in July.

Really? I read this as more Froome couldn't be bothered putting in any effort in this race, so didn't bother. However saying this is a nothing race Froome doesn't care about defeats the purpose of paying him to turn up, so best say instead he feels a little under the weather.

karlboss said:
Really? I read this as more Froome couldn't be bothered putting in any effort in this race, so didn't bother. However saying this is a nothing race Froome doesn't care about defeats the purpose of paying him to turn up, so best say instead he feels a little under the weather.

So why not sail round with Richie 'my best mate' Porte ?? Porte has ridden just as much as Froome and he could still manage to stay with the group.

Why tweet for everyone to come watch him race in Denver ?

No mention of feeling unwell all week.

maltiv said:
Has Contador ever tanked a race like Froome tanked the USA pro cycling challenge? I can't seem to remember any race where he has been even close to this bad, at least not since 2007. But that's because he has this thing called natural talent.

The world's best climber should be a good climber even when far off his top shape. Like Dan Martin said in an interview before the Vuelta "You can't lose much form in 4 weeks". Apparently that's not true for Froome, who can go from matching Armstrong's ascent times to being dropped by Juraj Sagan...

If he's targeting the Worlds then as I said earlier I don't think it's weird for him to be poor or not trying here. If not then yeh it is a bit surprising given last year he held his form for about 10 days into the Vuelta (although then he only really peaked at the Tour as opposed to the February-July peak this time).

TRENDING THREADS