• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 418 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
3
0
Visit site
Nathan12 said:
"Bradley has three hugely-experienced riders there to support him in Kurt-Asle Arvesen, Dario Cioni and Xabier Zandio, while Thomas Löfkvist is also a veteran of nine Grand Tours despite his relatively young age.
"Chris Froome and Ian Stannard’s inclusion demonstrates once again the depth of British talent we have in the squad, while Morris Possoni and Chris Sutton have also impressed us again this season with their respective climbing and sprint capabilities."

From pre-Vuelta 2011. Lol. They had no idea what he was going to do.

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,22762_7105569,00.html#HsKt0zkfuvOAml7x.99

"Chris Froome is also known as a loyal domestique for sprinters and does not hesitate to help, should they get a mechanical problem"

4U1Vcq1.jpg
 
Apr 8, 2014
408
0
0
Visit site
the sceptic said:
"Chris Froome is also known as a loyal domestique for sprinters and does not hesitate to help, should they get a mechanical problem"

4U1Vcq1.jpg

I love this photo beyond belief. You think Sky still have copies so I can get it framed?

Was it bilharzia that made him lose all that weight? It's like we're looking at two different athletes.
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,529
1
0
Visit site
the sceptic said:
"Chris Froome is also known as a loyal domestique for sprinters and does not hesitate to help, should they get a mechanical problem"

4U1Vcq1.jpg

This is at least the 100th time this photo is posted either by yourself or your chums. It´s getting bored. An other viewing angle of this event would be at least funny.
 
Apr 8, 2014
408
0
0
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
This is at least the 100th time this photo is posted either by yourself or your chums. It´s getting bored. An other viewing angle of this event would be at least funny.

Nah. A good joke is funny no matter how many times it's told. This picture is the punchline that keeps on giving.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
This is at least the 100th time this photo is posted either by yourself or your chums. It´s getting bored. An other viewing angle of this event would be at least funny.

The picture is no longer the joke. The joke is the reaction to it.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
the sceptic said:
"Chris Froome is also known as a loyal domestique for sprinters and does not hesitate to help, should they get a mechanical problem"

4U1Vcq1.jpg

This photo just screams most talented GT rider ever to throw his leg over a bike!!!!!:rolleyes:

Just look at that hand control!
 
Benotti69 said:
This photo just screams most talented GT rider ever to throw his leg over a bike!!!!!:rolleyes:

Just look at that hand control!

You know they're right of being tired of seeing this picture enough already, please show the one when he's zig zagging and unable to pinch the climb, that one I really don't get tired of
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
gatete said:
You know they're right of being tired of seeing this picture enough already, please show the one when he's zig zagging and unable to pinch the climb, that one I really don't get tired of

Or the one where he crashes into a race official. Pure talented that one......:D

Really a Froome Gallery would be good.
 
Apr 8, 2014
408
0
0
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
Whilst looking for the piece regarding Froome getting dropped on the flat in African race(s). I stumbled upon this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/24951818
"He's just so focused on what he wants, and he'll do anything to get there."

Not sure if it's just me, but I find that very interesting.

It is interesting. Guy realises pre-Vuelta 2011 that he's going to lose his contract, potentially going to fail to get where he wants and...That article is so bad. This one too. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/23406967 The BBC have shown themselves to be a disgrace when it comes to actually asking questions of British cycling.
 

Justinr

BANNED
Feb 18, 2013
806
0
0
Visit site
Nathan12 said:
It is interesting. Guy realises pre-Vuelta 2011 that he's going to lose his contract, potentially going to fail to get where he wants and...That article is so bad. This one too. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/23406967 The BBC have shown themselves to be a disgrace when it comes to actually asking questions of British cycling.

Well how you can draw that conclusion from either of these two articles is anyones guess. Basically they are just normal press buff / bluster, I agree that the articles don't say much (if anything).
 
Apr 8, 2014
408
0
0
Visit site
Justinr said:
Well how you can draw that conclusion from either of these two articles is anyones guess. Basically they are just normal press buff / bluster, I agree that the articles don't say much (if anything).

I'm not drawing any conclusions from those articles. Just pointing out the utter failure of the British press when it comes to asking questions of Sky.
 

Justinr

BANNED
Feb 18, 2013
806
0
0
Visit site
Nathan12 said:
I'm not drawing any conclusions from those articles. Just pointing out the utter failure of the British press when it comes to asking questions of Sky.

Fair enough, and I'd join you on calling out the failings of the British press on 100 other things. But that's a different story ... :)
 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
3
0
Visit site
this Froome interview im seeing on sky sports is gold.

"I think other teams have started copying our program"

"the hotels on Tenerife were booked full of other riders"

"my numbers on Tenerife were very encouraging, the same if not better than last year"

lolz
 

stutue

BANNED
Apr 22, 2014
875
0
0
Visit site
Nathan12 said:
I'm not drawing any conclusions from those articles. Just pointing out the utter failure of the British press when it comes to asking questions of Sky.


http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobil...o-form-across-squeaky-clean-team-sky.22999467

I googled " are team sky doping?" and on the very first page there were three UK media reports discussing accusations of doping at Sky. The above is just one of them.

So, it seems that there hasn't been an "utter failure" of the British press in asking questions of Sky.

Partial failure? Perhaps Lack of persistenice? Probably. But not an utter failure.....especially when at the moment any evidence is of a pretty vapid nature.

Interesting to compare this with the US media post O'Reilly in 2003. Solid witness testimony but very little sign of any critique in the US press at the time.

Interesting also to compare this with other teams with a strong national basis many of which are trailing far more dirt than Sky. Can you provide a comparative assessment of other nations media with regards to how they hold their sportsmen to account?

If you can't then I can't see why you are pursuing what amounts to a pretty feeble case as it stands.
 

TRENDING THREADS