• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 420 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Good to see Froome recovered very fast from his 'mild chest infection'. Good ride today, did not impress Contador though

BmenBiZIQAAqyBF.jpg

While Froome is playing in Romandie Contador has been getting the good stuff from Tinkoff :cool:

The Hitch said:
Did froome say he had a chest infection. Cos chest infection is exactly what he claimed to have in June 2011 when he was asked about his health.

Turned out he had meant to say bilharzia, had just gotten mixed up and would only remember it on the podium of the vuelta 3 months later.

lolz
Hitch...

badzilla messes with your mind

The Hitch said:
What are you talking about?

To be fair, he's forever coughing. It was remarked upon last year.

Watching the interview with him that Sky showed prior to the live coverage starting, he looked more cherubic in the face than at his skinniest last year. If he's riding like he did today without peak fitness it'll be fun when he and Contador get to the TDF.

Anyway, did you miss me Hitch? There seem to be a few faces missing on here since my last check in.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
RichieTheBest said:
Isn't Contador himself a fraud if you look for a cycling savior in him?

Sure, and what's going to be hilarious is watching Skybots bemoan a doped Contador..only to have to explain away how a "clean" Froome beats him...because a clearly doped Contador isn't as fast as the new clean Sky cycling...just ask Brailsford...:rolleyes:

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Sure, and what's going to be hilarious is watching Skybots bemoan a doped Contador..only to have to explain away how a "clean" Froome beats him...because a clearly doped Contador isn't as fast as the new clean Sky cycling...just ask Brailsford...:rolleyes:

Has Contador found a new method of storing steaks in non-plasticizer wrapping then?

the sceptic said:
Only Contador can save cycling from this fraud winning again.

nothing wrong with questioning froomie.

but please tell the world what contador performance do you actually know to be dope-free. how do you know contador is even marginally good? clean tour rookie talansky picked him off in the last climb of the TDF when contador's 2nd rest day top-off was beginning wear out. it boggles the mind. there is absolutely no logical way to argue that contador is naturally the most talented than any other rider. freakin' TJVG won 10 national junior championships. contador zero. but because of all his doped victories you think he is way more talented. ridiculous.

clentadoppucci is the biggest fraud in present day cycling. once he is banished for life (as he should have been many years ago), we can move onto the next biggest fraud. as long as he is out there grotesquely and unapologetically stealing, all efforts must be on banning him forever.

someone should put together a side-by-side video edit with clentadoppucci riding seated, straining, being dropped by freakin' nieve, talansky and others on the left and then on the right intercut footage of TDF 2007, 2009 and 2014 Basque with him sprinting up mountains like he doesn't need to breathe. it would be stunning.

Big Doopie said:
clentadoppucci is the biggest fraud in present day cycling. once he is banished for life (as he should have been many years ago), we can move onto the next biggest fraud. as long as he is out there grotesquely and unapologetically stealing, all efforts must be on banning him forever.

No he isn't. The fact of the matter is that everyone knows he was a cheat, and so when he performs at elite level everyone strongly suspects he remains one. The stigma of doping will attach itself to every performance he ever puts in.

There are lots of riders winning and winning big who don't have that. And I don't just mean Sky. There are lots of riders who are winning and who are winning by cheating, whose achievements are not being subjected to the same disbelief as Contador's. Remember, even the majority of casual fans watching on the TV will be aware of Contador's indiscretion and ban - it happened at a very big race after all.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
nothing wrong with questioning froomie.

but please tell the world what contador performance do you actually know to be dope-free. how do you know contador is even marginally good? clean tour rookie talansky picked him off in the last climb of the TDF when contador's 2nd rest day top-off was beginning wear out. it boggles the mind. there is absolutely no logical way to argue that contador is naturally the most talented than any other rider. freakin' TJVG won 10 national junior championships. contador zero. but because of all his doped victories you think he is way more talented. ridiculous.

someone should put together a side-by-side video edit with clentadoppucci riding seated, straining, being dropped by freakin' nieve, talansky and others on the left and then on the right intercut footage of TDF 2007, 2009 and 2014 Basque with him sprinting up mountains like he doesn't need to breathe. it would be stunning.

Whoever makes that video, can you do the same for Wiggans(sic) 2005-2008 and then 2009/11-12 and the same for Froome 2007-August 2011 then the rest of 2011 until now. If you could then use this music http://youtu.be/ypEaGQb6dJk?t=6m1s as the soundtrack that would be great.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Big Doopie said:

I have no idea about doping and I don't care, however:
1) don't you think that a rider who's not in the form can look like Alberto Tdf2013 no matter if doped or was doped or what?
2)what you say with "doesn'T need to breathe" - well I know almost exactly the feeling when I'm in good form on my bike too, I just fly :)
3)from what I saw from AC during all those years I think that you would probably find more consistency in the suggested video than you think. I suggest Richey Porte for such a video instead :))

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Donkey said:
2)what you say with "doesn'T need to breathe" - well I know almost exactly the feeling when I'm in good form on my bike too, I just fly :)

That (or similar) is a statement that is often used (and I understand why). But at the same time you can pick performances from the most doped up riders (Armstrong, etc.) where they have looked like death at the top of the mountain and really did need to breathe.

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Netserk said:
While many think he constantly looks down to stare on his stem and/or powermeter, it is in fact to aim his coughs downward so the recoil helps him climb faster.

Marginal gains.

It seemed to me there was even more looking down going on today, maybe because he wasn't sure of form.

TRENDING THREADS