• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Vaughters is at it again with his human limit.

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters
RT @ammattipyoraily: @Vaughters Chris Froome: 38 min 22 sec, 22.75 Kph, VAM 1605 m/h, 5.93 W/kg....Once again, 5.9 w/kg.

So now it is credible to ride at TdF speeds in March? With one race in the legs? JV is losing it...

wasn't Contador one of the strongest riders Vaughters had ever tested?
Dertie is getting outclassed by Sky for the second season running. But nothing to see here.

Presently I have more respect for Riis and Brailsford than I do for Vaughters.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Pentacycle said:

RT @ammattipyoraily: @Vaughters Chris Froome: 38 min 22 sec, 22.75 Kph, VAM 1605 m/h, 5.93 W/kg....Once again, 5.9 w/kg.

So now it is credible to ride at TdF speeds in March? With one race in the legs? JV is losing it...
Can someone explain how he ever got an estimate of what the "human limit" is (in terms of power/weight for a certain duration) in the first place? Seems like we'd have to assume the following about the cyclists on whose performance the estimate is based:

-clean
-peak condition
-super elite

even if such performances exist, we'd have to allow for improvement due to (non doping) advances in training, nutrition as well as randomness.

Pentacycle said:

JV is a used car salesman. He will tell you anything you want to hear. Fiat today, BMW on Monday. Best ever.

Froome is currently @ 95% looking fresh and smiling.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Can someone explain how he ever got an estimate of what the "human limit" is (in terms of power/weight for a certain duration) in the first place? Seems like we'd have to assume the following about the cyclists on whose performance the estimate is based:

-clean
-peak condition
-super elite

even if such performances exist, we'd have to allow for improvement due to (non doping) advances in training, nutrition as well as randomness.

Lemond, usually.

Dazed and Confused said:
JV is a used car salesman. He will tell you anything you want to hear. Fiat today, BMW on Monday. Best ever.

Froome is currently @ 95% looking fresh and smiling.
Artist's impression of JV:
stanMI1.gif

(I keed, I keed)

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
If Contador won, harldy anyone would bat an eyelid. Contador is a doper.

He doesn't have a 'zero tolerance' policy nor is he transparent and he spoke positively about Armstrong after he was stripped of his results from Aug 1998.

Big difference to those who follow the sport with their eyes and minds open.

Anyway, Contador's victory wouldn't have caused such a flash of anger as Froome's one, because it would happen that the things hit equilibrium.

Contador crushing Froome is normal
Froome crushing Contador is NOT normal

for most people on here.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
Anyway, Contador's victory wouldn't have caused such a flash of anger as Froome's one, because it would happen that the things hit equilibrium.

Contador crushing Froome is normal
Froome crushing Contador is NOT normal

for most people on here.
Perhaps you could take your fanboy/hate to the Professional road racing section of this forum? Muchos gracias for that. If u want to talk about the Frommdawg you are welcome.

2 minutes 17 for the last K yesterday, that is about 28k/h uphill. Nice one Chrissie. What is next for him, la Fleche Wallonne? Rodriguez will be toast.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Perhaps you could take your fanboy/hate to the Professional road racing section of this forum? Muchos gracias for that. If u want to talk about the Frommdawg you are welcome.

2 minutes 17 for the last K yesterday, that is about 28k/h uphill. Nice one Chrissie. What is next for him, la Fleche Wallonne? Rodriguez will be toast.

I'm just against double game which is initially implied in the thesis I brought.

Froome showed extraordinary explosive skills in the 11 Vuelta yet so it wouldn't be a surprise. Or it would be not normal too? I doubt he starts FW though. If you offer to discuss cleanliness of Sky I won't do it due to obviousness of the matter.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
I'm just against double game which is initially implied in the thesis I brought.

Froome showed extraordinary explosive skills in the 11 Vuelta yet so it wouldn't be a surprise. Or it would be not normal too? I doubt he starts FW though. If you offer to discuss cleanliness of Sky I won't do it due to obviousness of the matter.

At least you got three bits right - Froome, Vuelta 11, extraordinary.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
A few reasons to show that Froome is doped:

He gained a few seconds to a 42 years old and to a non-climber on Prato di Tivo and that’s unacceptable

He gained in some races a few seconds to Niballi, a rider which a still juiced Contador trashed in 2011

He is constantly beating Contador, an ex-doper who finally is showing his true capacity, and all teenagers, in-love girls/boys here can not accept this.

He was second in the easiest TDF in decades, where only 1 ex podium finisher counted and with two french guys in top 10.

He gained 13 seconds to Michał Kwiatkowski, a 22 years old on a tough MTF (Dear God, that’s unseen)

He is such a nice guy that we start looking for something else to blame him, like the fact that he has a weird bike position

He didn’t had a more than 1k attack but it’s cool to say he is doped. Just like Iphone.

Again, he is beating Contador, but we ignore that Contador finish the mountain stages after or ST with Santambrogio, Horner, Kenny Elissonde and
other climbing stars. Just like in 2009, right?

He is not Contador, and this is his biggest mistake because we are frustrated. Milkaboy was not suposed to be defeated before because until he was caught he had the best advisors in sport: Bruynell, Riis, Saiz.

And probably so many others. He can’t be clean.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh look, someone who desperately wants to believe froomy is clean and hence has to pretend people think he dopes just because he beats contador.

Isidro Nozal, Patrik Sinkewitz, Tyler Hamilton.

All people who members of the forum can vouch for being nice guys. All dopers. Multiple-offence dopers in fact.

Froome on his own would be hard to swallow given how much he struggled until his contract was due. But with a bunch of cohorts in multiple races at the same time? That's why it goes from the doping innuendo to the full blown disbelief.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Oh look, someone who desperately wants to believe froomy is clean and hence has to pretend people think he dopes just because he beats contador.

I did not said he is clean. Did I said that? Where? I don't even know what to believe about him, just trying to show the hypocrisy on this forum.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
McLovin said:
I did not said he is clean. Did I said that? Where? I don't even know what to believe about him, just trying to show the hypocrisy on this forum.

What hypocrisy? Last I checked, there's a thread about Contador's doping in this very subforum. Haven't seen people insist he's clean while accusing Froome of doping either.
But I'm sure it all makes sense in your mind, lol.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
"The way I see it, my goal is to be in my best condition for the Tour de France. I think I'm still a long way from that.

"Everything I do now is still building towards the Tour. If I can pick up a few results like here and in Oman, that's fantastic; it gives me a lot of confidence. But I'm not racing for the results right now. There are still some months before I really need to be in my optimum shape."

5.93w/kg. But plenty more to come.

TRENDING THREADS