• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
blackcat said:
its not always that way. riders from new zealand, south africa, canada, they all find much more difficulty getting the opportunites and rides, and their national federations underwriting their career when they are espoirs.

Absolutely. We can not even compare the way of Keniyan and Spanish/Italian riders. Froome came to Europe from Keniya, having nothing but heap of problems like where to live, how to live, with who to communicate etc... All that is strongly different from guys who grow through their native teams.

airstream said:
Absolutely. We can not even compare the way of Keniyan and Spanish/Italian riders. Froome came to Europe from Keniya, having nothing but heap of problems like where to live, how to live, with who to communicate etc... All that is strongly different from guys who grow through their native teams.

You mean just like Wiggins? :rolleyes:

Race Radio said:
So if the story of Froome's huge Vo2 is fake and infection was not the cause of his poor form then what is he doing to be so dominate?

If he is indeed a donkey wouldn't he be tripping the Biopassport to get to this level?

Yes just like Lance.

He has a massive vO2 max and the passport is clean because the UCI said so :rolleyes:

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Yes just like Lance.

He has a massive vO2 max and the passport is clean because the UCI said so :rolleyes:

Actually USADA, and other experts, said Lance's blood values showed signs of blood doping.

It is a legitimate question. If he improved so dramatically wouldn't his values be a mess? Is the only answer that the UCI is covering it up?

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Race Radio said:
It is a legitimate question. If he improved so dramatically wouldn't his values be a mess? Is the only answer that the UCI is covering it up?

If the Bilzharia was destroying his RBCs for the first couple of years in the ABP, and is not now, then yes, wouldn't his values be a mess?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Actually USADA, and other experts, said Lance's blood values showed signs of blood doping.

i would have to say that British Cycling now have the most power of any institution in cycling. it would be difficult to take down one of their knighted riders.

Race Radio said:

What people forget is that when you go train at altitude and if you have a bio test the first test is removed from the analysis.

If you're sick, crash or have a TUE this is considered into the analysis.

It's all on the form when you provide a test and on ADAMS.

I think its called "gaming the system".

His values would be a mess. Period. But he has dispensation for altitude and his TUEs.

Ask him next time you speak with Sky.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
And if he can get a TUE for a messed up BP profile, what is possibly hidden in amongst the noise?

I agree with a previous poster pointing the curing of his disease would be a massive boost - mentally as much as phsyically, for someone debilitated so viciously while competing against healthy and/or doped riders.

But the potential for duplicity means, for me at any rate, even more transparency (not hard given there's none to date) is required to help explain the impact and outcome of medication, etc.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
So if the story of Froome's huge Vo2 is fake and infection was not the cause of his poor form then what is he doing to be so dominate?

If he is indeed a donkey wouldn't he be tripping the Biopassport to get to this level?
I am not saying he is a donkey, he rides like a donkey but so does Hesjedal but that is never an argument.

I have some problems with riders that loose 8 minutes plus on stages like these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QsID9HiBfk

5xuQWKA.jpg

1 Daniel Martin (Irl) Team Garmin-Cervelo 5:41:05
49 Paolo Bailetti (Ita) De Rosa - Ceramica Flaminia 0:08:20
50 Simon Clarke (Aus) Pro Team Astana
51 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling

and a month later is the winner of the Vuelta werent it for time bonusses/being held back on the Angliru. Same goes for the Brixtia Tour of 2011 and Suisse. He must have gone to Teide inbetween Poland and the Vuelta.

To the Aigle numbers, if Froome had those numbers, why was he offered a contract extension for a mere 100.000 a year by Brentford? If he was the big talent, wouldnt he be getting a better deal? Its not like Brentford has budgetary problems.

On the Biopassport we can only guess, cant we. Bilharzia is known to cause anemia, that would show in biopassport tests we can only hope.

The new clean cycling champ.
blackcat said:
ypu and libertine seguros just assume everyone comes through the traditional pathways of lowlands spain british cycling track and starts doping at 16 and boom results like popo, protour/div1 teams as a neo on a fat contract
its not always that way. riders from new zealand, south africa, canada, they all find much more difficulty getting the opportunites and rides, and their national federations underwriting their career when they are espoirs

he was fortunate to get to aigle, then robertson at barlo, but he never had the ideal program for him. he showed his potential in his first tour at 23, much more than wiggins had ever demonstrated. wiggins could only climb like a pig in the autobus for his first decade in the pro peloton since linda mac. if wiggins was south african or new zealand or canadian he would be wrenching at an LBS and getting on the p@ss every night
Does that really explain why the clean new champ had such a boost in 2010/2011?
airstream said:
Froome came to Europe from Keniya, having nothing but heap of problems like where to live, how to live, with who to communicate etc..
You cant even get your facts straight, wonder why.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
I am not saying he is a donkey, he rides like a donkey but so does Hesjedal but that is never an argument.

I have some problems with riders that loose 8 minutes plus on stages like these

1 Daniel Martin (Irl) Team Garmin-Cervelo 5:41:05
49 Paolo Bailetti (Ita) De Rosa - Ceramica Flaminia 0:08:20
50 Simon Clarke (Aus) Pro Team Astana
51 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling

and a month later is the winner of the Vuelta werent it for time bonusses/being held back on the Angliru. Same goes for the Brixtia Tour of 2011 and Suisse. He must have gone to Teide inbetween Poland and the Vuelta.

To the Aigle numbers, if Froome had those numbers, why was he offered a contract extension for a mere 100.000 a year by Brentford? If he was the big talent, wouldnt he be getting a better deal? Its not like Brentford has budgetary problems.

On the Biopassport we can only guess, cant we. Bilharzia is known to cause anemia, that would show in biopassport tests we can only hope.

The new clean cycling champ.
Does that really explain why the clean new champ had such a boost in 2010/2011?
You cant even get your facts straight, wonder why.

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=22299

Nibali, 9 minutes back last year in a stage in Dauphine, and he was podium a month later.

But that is not the question with Froome. In 2011 he was dealing againts bilharzia, and it was in the Vuelta when he was free of that.
He gave importance as well to be beside Wiggins to learn how to ride better.

If you dont believe, ok, what I dont believe is numbers of Contador or others riders time before. One thing is credible, the other thing is incredible.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
So, that would be 2009?
According to Sky's PR BS department after/during Vuelta 2011 he got diagnosed in Kenya in 2010.
I would love to read those 'studies', but let me tell you this, you dont complete a Giro d'Italia/Tour de France when you have a parasite in you that feeds of red blood cells.
Lets stay to the facts. According to the SKY PR machine Froome had the Katayama syndrome bilharzia. If untreated for - according to your studies - since 2008 untill the end of 2010 there would be severe organ damage, you do know every year approximately 200.000 people die from this disease?

Further:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1214839&postcount=1701A, the Aigle numbers myth, pity no one has ever seen them.

You mentioned de Giro Giro delle Regioni, where Froome took a stage. Well:
http://www.museociclismo.it/content/corse/tappa.php?cod=75770

Of course, a nice victory, but is this a sign of future greatness? The Bauke Mollema fanclub would agree of course, but the rest? In the high mountains of Tuscany?
Well, when I finished to translate about Froome s story, I will put here and you will have answer to that questions.
In advanced, I can tell you, bilharzia is a disease that a lo t of people has in his system without know it. They do normal life, they work. There are a lot of kinds of levels with bilharzia, some people even die, but usually is a very soft disease. You can be a professional cyclist, but anyway, you cant show your best with that parasite inside. For a rider, to put bilharzia off is the same effect that for other rider to take EPO.

You must read more about bilharzia. Yes, 200000 people die every year, but 160 millions have it, in different grades of severity, most of them, as I said, doing normal life without know it.

And about Giro delle regione, he crashed three times in that race, his director said he didnt know how to ride, but he showed a lot of potential. Mollema won Tour de l avenir, Rui Costa is a good rider, he showed more potential, but not only in that race.

I hope to translate mi article soon

Taxus4a said:
Well, when I finished to translate about Froome s story, I will put here and you will have answer to that questions.
In advanced, I can tell you, bilharzia is a disease that a lo t of people has in his system without know it. They do normal life, they work. There are a lot of kinds of levels with bilharzia, some people even die, but usually is a very soft disease. You can be a professional cyclist, but anyway, you cant show your best with that parasite inside. For a rider, to put bilharzia off is the same effect that for other rider to take EPO.

You must read more about bilharzia. Yes, 200000 people die every year, but 160 millions have it, in different grades of severity, most of them, as I said, doing normal life without know it.

And about Giro delle regione, he crashed three times in that race, his director said he didnt know how to ride, but he showed a lot of potential. Mollema won Tour de l avenir, Rui Costa is a good rider, he showed more potential, but not only in that race.

I hope to translate mi article soon
His director appears to have known what he was talking about.

In the clip where Froomedawg starts to zig zag, the thing that struck me the most was his impression of the herky-jerky man. What incredibly awful style. This is not a guy that should be a GT winner.

I also don't buy into the illness makes him strong schtick.

Anyways, I love your super reasoning and well formulated arguments but to me Froome has a "belle tête de dopeur" and that is enough for me.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry, definitely a doper, you have that right.

but just like wiggins, and everyone who has won an ardennes classic for the past coupl'a' decades, dan martin of garmin included. just cos you ride for garmin does not make you not a doper. but Froome is, NOT doing anything differently than the top 20 at the Tour, and riders like boonen and cav and canc, and sagan. and the young too americans, tvg and AT,

so lets not single out froome. ofcourse. he is doping. that is manifest and i wont deny the obvious, cos that would be stupid. but looking at everyone on a GC goal is using preparation also.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Carlos Verona @Carlos_Verona 2h

No words, looks like somebody hasn't understood cycling rules. Sorry but in our sport there is no place for cheaters, hope u never comeback!
Redistribuit de Chris Froome

edit: sorry, means ''retweet by Chris Froome", but guess you got it.

Big Doopie said:
Yes, clentadopucci has done his time. So has valverde. But they continue to act like they were innocent. That is the big difference. As far as I can tell their actions AND their words show no remorse or indicate accepting any change in their behavior. So I assume that they continue to pursue every possible cheating method at their disposal.

That is what makes them impossible to support.

The other element is that since we know they doped to achieve every known result in their career and - apparently - see nothing wrong with continuing their behavior, we simply have no idea how good they really are.

As far as we know they are no better than Chiappucci was. And there is no knowable data that can convince us otherwise.

...and how do "we" know this???

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
McLovin said:
Carlos Verona @Carlos_Verona 2h

No words, looks like somebody hasn't understood cycling rules. Sorry but in our sport there is no place for cheaters, hope u never comeback!
Redistribuit de Chris Froome

edit: sorry, means ''retweet by Chris Froome", but guess you got it.
Totally agree.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Froome say like 2 weeks ago he never went into the wind tunnel? LOL
Next week he will state he actually never rides a bike during training rides, he just walks :eek:

blackcat said:
frenchfry, definitely a doper, you have that right.

but just like wiggins, and everyone who has won an ardennes classic for the past coupl'a' decades, dan martin of garmin included. just cos you ride for garmin does not make you not a doper. but Froome is, NOT doing anything differently than the top 20 at the Tour, and riders like boonen and cav and canc, and sagan. and the young too americans, tvg and AT,

so lets not single out froome. ofcourse. he is doping. that is manifest and i wont deny the obvious, cos that would be stupid. but looking at everyone on a GC goal is using preparation also.

You are preaching to the choir.

I was late to the Froomdawg piling-on session, but I am really not looking forward to him smoking the TDF.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=22299

Nibali, 9 minutes back last year in a stage in Dauphine, and he was podium a month later.
I tend to give someone who has already a GT win under his belt a bit more credibility in his preparation for a GT than someone who comes out of nothing and suddenly is the best climber and the second best TT'er.

Not dismissing the extraction possibility by the way.
Taxus4a said:
But that is not the question with Froome. In 2011 he was dealing againts bilharzia, and it was in the Vuelta when he was free of that.
He gave importance as well to be beside Wiggins to learn how to ride better.
You previously stated it is possible he had the thingie/bilharzia back in 2008. Lets concentrate on that. All forms of bilharzia lead to anemia if untreated. Do you really think anyone with anemia could ride a GT? Not even mentioning the possible organ damage.

But you just seem to overlook this time and time again. If you have info, show us.

We know he had treatment after the Tour de Suisse 2011 [=mid/end june], we know he had treatment this januari. How come he was absolutely crap in july/august 2011 while in 2013 he was top notch three weeks after the treatment? Same goes for 2012 by the way.

Taxus4a said:
If you dont believe, ok, what I dont believe is numbers of Contador or others riders time before. One thing is credible, the other thing is incredible.
You should form a chatgroup with airstream. Really.

I dont give a F about Contador but distraction noted.

Well, when I finished to translate about Froome s story, I will put here and you will have answer to that questions
I read it, you did a fine job but I have a different explanation for his explosive breakthrough.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
frenchfry said:
His director appears to have known what he was talking about.

In the clip where Froomedawg starts to zig zag, the thing that struck me the most was his impression of the herky-jerky man. What incredibly awful style. This is not a guy that should be a GT winner.

I also don't buy into the illness makes him strong schtick.

Anyways, I love your super reasoning and well formulated arguments but to me Froome has a "belle tête de dopeur" and that is enough for me.

The zigzag-argument is one of the worst. He was still one of the strongest that day, and he actually had the legs and courage the follow Gerrans, who's notoriously strong in those kind of breakaways. And the weird riding style only gives more of an indication how bad a bike handler he was back then.

TRENDING THREADS