• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 59 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
You should know what race it is. You've been following him his whole career :rolleyes:

God I love this picture.

Do you think Contador ever had to push a teammate?

giro-2010-st10-HENDERSON-FROOME.jpg

You know...somehow I just can't help thinking that you flippantly and furtively enjoy flummoxing the facile fan-boys of Froome...Now if you could just point me in the direction of that zig-zagging video of Mr. Froome, I would be much appreciative! And no, I don't know which race it was!;)

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
That is normal in 2010, Froome was with bilharzia, he was not a top rider still... but even Andy do that today sometimes.
Could you told me in wich race is that picture? thanks!

If Froome has ever had bilharzia I will eat my bicycle hat. The only thing he's had is a custom jet engine stuffed up his **** with Ruper Murdoch's branding stencilled all over it.

He literally popped out of nowhere as far as GTs are concerned during 2011 Vuelta and we all know he could have won it. He could have easily won Tdf last year if not for Sir Brad's more appropriate profile. As they say, from zero to hero. It can't get more suspicious than this.

vrusimov said:
You know...somehow I just can't help thinking that you flippantly and furtively enjoy flummoxing the facile fan-boys of Froome...Now if you could just point me in the direction of that zig-zagging video of Mr. Froome, I would be much appreciative! And no, I don't know which race it was!;)

To be honest the Dawg and Sky do it all on their own.

Could have they have picked a more suspect candidate?

I mean Porte is more believable. Use him to win the GTs. Wiggins has ye track backstory so can pass the mainstream test.

But Froome? Seriously!? He's just a total joke.

You don't need drug tests. He's doesn't even pass the straight face test. I actually just laugh at the screen when I watch him ride. He is actually hilarious riding a bike.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:

I mean Porte is more believable. Use him to win the GTs. Wiggins has ye track backstory so can pass the mainstream test.

You don't need drug tests. He's doesn't even pass the straight face test. I actually just laugh at the screen when I watch him ride. He is actually hilarious riding a bike.

Porte has the wrong nationality. The brits wouldnt care that much if he won.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
But as was pointed out, things are very different at Sky. Time will judge
no bribes?

not needed when ASO buys Tour of Britain and chows down with a long lunch at Sir Dave Brailsfords table discussing the next years Tour de France route and parcours

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Porte has the wrong nationality. The brits wouldnt care that much if he won.
have to agree with this.

tho is Sky Cycling underwritten by about 1 or 2 mill GBP per year by Sky Italy.

Sky (UK), and Sky Italy and Sky Australia and Sky New Zealand all have different shareholders.

I think Australian Sky is the smallest operation of all. So I dont think Rupert could get the Oz franchise to stump money for Richie under Brailsford. There is ZERO economic tangible and intangible value to Sky Australia.

When you have Geraint Thomas and Peter Kennaugh waiting their turn, there is no way Brailsford will pour the resources into a Richie tilt. Sorry Richie.

Have to go to Gerry Ryan and Greenedge. But GE are further behind than Sky were in the same stage of their life, in spite of Gerrans Via Roma win.

But then there will be Cameron Meyer and Rohan Dennis wanting leadership for GC. And OGrady talks highly of Luke Durbridge as a GT GC rider. yeah. he does

May 28, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:

Why are you so persistently trying to take him down then?

Entertainment, perhaps that's the sole reason he's even started riding, back in Africa. He's gone through lots of personal problems to compete, and even more **** to get a pro contract. Just to give himself and us cycling fans a good show.

It's getting boring though, I'd suggest him to do some serious mountain raids in the Tour. Those Purito-imitations are getting pretty tiring.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
That is normal in 2010, Froome was with bilharzia, he was not a top rider still... but even Andy do that today sometimes.
Could you told me in wich race is that picture? thanks!

Check how much heavier he looks in that picture where he is pushing teammate :eek:

thehog said:
You should know what race it is. You've been following him his whole career :rolleyes:

God I love this picture.

Do you think Contador ever had to push a teammate?

giro-2010-st10-HENDERSON-FROOME.jpg

I think that's actually a wonderful picture, showing what a humble gentleman Froome is.

And I'm not being sarcastic about this. Can you imagine a universe where Wiggins or Evans would ever do something like this regardless of their position in the GC?

It is true that Froome's transformation is hard to believe, but I think he's a good guy, and there's at least a possibility his explanations could be realistic, and for that reason I support him.

Making fun of Froome because of things like this, or his cris-crossing on that stage in whatever race it was (I don't remember), after attacking out of the front doesn't add to your arguments that he's a doper imo.

TRENDING THREADS