• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 117 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
hektoren said:

The average Joe has his lactate threshold at 50% of VO2Max, and through ideal training intensity this can be shifted to about 85%..

I know the Clinic is not the place to discuss actual bike riding :rolleyes: - but got a link to any programmes designed to raise lactate threshold in the way you describe

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Winterfold said:
I know the Clinic is not the place to discuss actual bike riding :rolleyes: - but got a link to any programmes designed to raise lactate threshold in the way you describe

I googled it and its no mystery - surprised at how far you can train it!

When you say 'average Joe' what do you mean? A trained club cyclist or just a guy on the street who isnt fit?

Winterfold said:

When you say 'average Joe' what do you mean? A trained club cyclist or just a guy on the street who isnt fit?

A guy in the street.

Even a club cyclist doing non specific training, will probably have stretched their threshold considerably past the 50% mark.
However, genetics have a hand to play in just how responsive someone is, and how far they can take it.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
The Froome feel good stories are getting out of control. This is just ridiculous and Armstrong esque.

Yeah, that profile on CN today is astounding.. You'd think, after posting so many ads for "EDITOR NEEDED" on the home page, CN would have found one by now.

edit to add my favorite line of this piece of cack: "Froome used every trick in the book to compete in Europe."

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Winterfold said:

"Average Joe" can be anybody, but in my experience an average Joe is relatively untrained. Everything from 43% to 55% is obtainable without regular exercise as per the results averaged last year by my lab.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Winterfold said:

If you go to a lab close to you doing VO2Max ramp tests, with lactate profiling, and get an SRM-crank, I'll be more than happy to make a training-regimen specifically for you. It isn't rocket-science anymore!:D
I'll need all relevant details as height, weight, sports-history, medical history, test-results etc. but it's not very difficult. Within a period of 2 months, and a renewed test, you'd be able to see real and tangible results.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Carlo Algatrensig said:
Anyone know what colour wristband you wear to show that you hate bilharzia?

Black, Green and Red

Kenya_flag_silicone_bracelet.summ.jpg

true story. ;)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
The Froome feel good stories are getting out of control. This is just ridiculous and Armstrong esque.

And here I didn't think CN could disgrace themselves any further.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/chris-froome-from-cycling-slum-dog-to-monte-carlo-millionaire

It reads like something forwarded directly from Froome's family members. WTF kind of article is that? :confused:

His South African girlfriend at the time worked as model in Milan and turned all the heads in Chiari and at races. Rumours has it that Froome ended the relationship so that he could focus 100 per cent on his racing career.
So instead, he had to settle for Michelle? Bet she's thrilled by that assessment.

While some riders boosted their performance by taking EPO, his riding was hampered by the Bilharzia...
Was that bit for comic relief?

Wiggins' victory, his sideburns and his enigmatic character elevated him to star status in cycling
LOL! If that's not trolling...

Wiggins' career nose dived at the Giro d'Italia...
Such a lack of bias. :rolleyes:

If he can stop Alberto Contador et al, at this year's Tour de France, he will be on track to win multiple Tours, possibly become one of the greatest stage racers in the history of the sport and earn the salary to match. He will have completed his evolution from cycling slum dog to Monte Carlo millionaire.
That's real journalism right there, kids.

FFS, what an absurd piece.

Granville57 said:
And here I didn't think CN could disgrace themselves any further.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/chris-froome-from-cycling-slum-dog-to-monte-carlo-millionaire

It reads like something forwarded directly from Froome's family members. WTF kind of article is that? :confused:

So instead, he had to settle for Michelle? Bet she's thrilled by that assessment.

Was that bit for comic relief?

LOL! If that's not trolling...

Such a lack of bias. :rolleyes:

That's real journalism right there, kids.

FFS, what an absurd piece.

South African model? Didn't ummmm, never mind.

Yes it was a totally ridiculous article.

The type of article the team gives cyclingnews and says "here you go, that's your exclusive Chris Froome interview, just print it as is".

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Why? It seems to fit the situation very well.

Quite true.

It really come across as nothing more than a massive trolling attempt. It is hysterical. :D

If they're just trying to fan the flames, they've succeeded with this piece.

Then Froome, his PR team, his girlfriend and other defenders on twitter, (and a few select gullibles in this forum) will wonder why all the fuss and disbelief. :rolleyes:

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The cycling media is still very much omerta. Everyone is printing that ridiculous badzilla story like its gospel and a perfectly reasonable explanation for why Froome is the new Riis.

the sceptic said:
The cycling media is still very much omerta. Everyone is printing that ridiculous badzilla story like its gospel and a perfectly reasonable explanation for why Froome is the new Riis.

I do like "it's the reverse of EPO".

Seriously?

Almost like - he's more than clean! He actually went in reverse to be clean!

May 26, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Even though you have me on ignore I will admit. I love it.

Sans Dawg and there would be no comedy value at this Tour.

The only question. How genius will the Dawg go?

Chris Froome on @bbc5live says he & Team Sky have already beaten Contador so: "I don't think we have to be worried about him"..

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anything about Froome and TUE's has been mentioned. An interview with him has been played on 5Live tonight and he was asked about whether he had any. He said he didn't but I found it a bit odd that he was questioned specifically about them as if there might be some rumors that he actually does have some.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Carlo Algatrensig said:
I found it a bit odd that he was questioned specifically about them as if there might be some rumors that he actually does have some.
For the life of me, I can't imagine where such rumors could have originated. :eek:

TRENDING THREADS