• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 118 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Carlo Algatrensig said:
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anything about Froome and TUE's has been mentioned. An interview with him has been played on 5Live tonight and he was asked about whether he had any. He said he didn't but I found it a bit odd that he was questioned specifically about them as if there might be some rumors that he actually does have some.

Funny that :rolleyes:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
Chris Froome on @bbc5live says he & Team Sky have already beaten Contador so: "I don't think we have to be worried about him"..

Good, I hope they keep thinking like this. :D Thinking you don't have to worry about Contador could very well lead to the downfall of Sky in the Tour.

BYOP88 said:
Chris Froome on @bbc5live says he & Team Sky have already beaten Contador so: "I don't think we have to be worried about him"..

The arrogance of these guys is amazing. It is like Armstrong when he knew he had UCI protection plus the best doping program.

The race is fixed from the beginning and these guys know it.

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
The cycling media is still very much omerta. Everyone is printing that ridiculous badzilla story like its gospel and a perfectly reasonable explanation for why Froome is the new Riis.

Perhaps they think we're cows, and we need to keep eating the same regurgitated mess over and over again.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Even though you have me on ignore I will admit. I love it.

Sans Dawg and there would be no comedy value at this Tour.

The only question. How genius will the Dawg go?

My heart would love to see Dan Martin do something special (I know, i know...)

MY genuine race fan mind is intrigued at Quintana

My 'aware of dope' head is franky more interested in the UCi election, and the Puerto appeal.

But I will admit, some weird part of me wants to see what happens in here if Froome goes all Kal-El. I sweat to Lord Yoda, there will be aneurisms in here.

BroDeal said:
I wish I could say I am looking forward to laughing at the crap that is sure to be spewed by Liggett, but I don't intend to watch this joke of a Tour so I won't hear it first hand anyway.

"Alberto Contador is a changed man"

Personally I'm interested in seeing how they will commentate for 50 hours without filling time with conversation about "a certain man by the name of..."

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
And here I didn't think CN could disgrace themselves any further.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/chris-froome-from-cycling-slum-dog-to-monte-carlo-millionaire

It reads like something forwarded directly from Froome's family members. WTF kind of article is that? :confused:

So instead, he had to settle for Michelle? Bet she's thrilled by that assessment.

Was that bit for comic relief?

LOL! If that's not trolling...

Such a lack of bias. :rolleyes:

That's real journalism right there, kids.

FFS, what an absurd piece.

Yeah...I can't get my finger down my throat fast enough. Utter shamelessness!

BroDeal said:
I wish I could say I am looking forward to laughing at the crap that is sure to be spewed by Liggett, but I don't intend to watch this joke of a Tour so I won't hear it first hand anyway.

Nah, me neither. Think I'll go dust the cobwebs off my bike and go for a ride. Something us Sky hating, badzilla loving, unicorn killers don't ever do.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Heckler said:
. . .
I believe one of the biggest issues is that if it is not 100% natural, it is probably 100% legal within the existing rules. It is also Very Expensive.

Yes - I think more than a few of us are of the same opinion. Legal, but pushing the envelope - watching the letter rather than the spirit of the rules - and likely expensive.

Granville57 said:
I know! It's absolutely terrrible!

Granville57 said:
It reads like something forwarded directly from Froome's family members. WTF kind of article is that? :confused:
I called it fluff, but it's much worse. It's inventive fluff propoganda!

Granville57 said:
So instead, he had to settle for Michelle? Bet she's thrilled by that assessment.
Well, she's not a model. I guess he settled for something he could ignore?

Granville57 said:
Was that bit for comic relief?

LOL! If that's not trolling...

Such a lack of bias. :rolleyes:

That's real journalism right there, kids.

FFS, what an absurd piece.
I'm still laughing, it's just that bad.

OMG

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
And so I started reading the article and my mind read the first part as: If he wins the Tour de France, Froome's expected new contract with Team Sky will make him one of the highest earns in the peloton with probable earnings of at least four million EPO.

I guess I should be sad I don't belive in miracles...

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Woops...reached saturation scepticism point, beyond the point of no return! And depending on your world view constructs, this is where you start to calculate by how much you are being cheated:)

None of the articles or interviews with Sky and Froome have they actually stated they are not doping. And it might be because of all the above and this...

"He wisely hired a serious agent to manage his interests and secure his role as Team leader for Team Sky at the 2013 Tour de France". [url=http://www.cyclingnews.com...w.cyclingnews.com/features/chr ... illionaire[/url]

All the stuff I read on these threads about current confessions by past dopers, and are they bad guys or nice guys arguments rattle on.

One thing is all past and present dopers have one similarity in common...they sell their souls to the devil, reluctantly or otherwise.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
horsinabout said:
Woops...reached saturation scepticism point, beyond the point of no return! And depending on your world view constructs, this is where you start to calculate by how much you are being cheated:)

None of the articles or interviews with Sky and Froome have they actually stated they are not doping. And it might be because of all the above and this...

"He wisely hired a serious agent to manage his interests and secure his role as Team leader for Team Sky at the 2013 Tour de France". [url=http://www.cyclingnews.com/f...w.cyclingnews.com/features/chr ... illionaire[/url]

All the stuff I read on these threads about current confessions by past dopers, and are they bad guys or nice guys arguments rattle on.

One thing is all past and present dopers have one similarity in common...they sell their souls to the devil, reluctantly or otherwise.
i have speculated complete transparency, truth/honesty.

but i know what went on. i have to ask myself, do i wish for the mea culpa and self flagellation to sate my motive?

even with the old vanguard coming to the party, i still cannot see a fundamental change.

i reckon JV and others have ushered in a new era of tempered doping, and acceptable limits. but it is a slippery slope, and sky want to take all the chocolates.

is there a difference between a garmin tempered doping, and a sky nigh usps doping? there is a difference on the road. i know. i am asking, is there a philosophical difference?

is some doping, or a tempered doping, like being part pregnant. you p!ss on the coloured cardboard, and instead of getting pink or sepia, you get purple.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
horsinabout said:

The devil? Doping is a pretty sordid affair, but there are far more evil things afoot in this world

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
the sceptic said:
The cycling media is still very much omerta. Everyone is printing that ridiculous badzilla story like its gospel and a perfectly reasonable explanation for why Froome is the new Riis.

That way they ride the glory story- slumdog makes good -all the way to the top. Then suddenly a kid shouts out 'the king is a naked oaf!' and its another gravy train all the way back down to a Lance type ground zero.

Or call it The Tragic Tale of the Man with Bilge-arsia. Everones a winner, except for the cycling fans who hoped they could believe their eyes this time.

Es had a piece on froome yesterday's. Apparently since his time as a neopro froome has improved "steadily",:rolleyes: but his goal was always to win the tour de France.

Yep just like Wiggins who's goal was always to win the tour de France even back when he said he didn't know if he would even ride it again.

TRENDING THREADS