• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 156 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
EnacheV said:
finally a sane logical person that understand how much all those analysis numbers mean. almost nothing

You keep saying w/kg mean nothing yet lots of people within the pro peloton(including the manager of the guy who won yesterday) claim that the sport is a lot cleaner than it was and when asked to demonstrate how, they point to the times and power out-puts on climbs:rolleyes: If these things are meaningless as you suggest, there is absolutely nothing to show that the sport is any cleaner now than in the past 20 years. Considering the last 20 years have been shown to be rife with doping, why would things be any different now??

Fact is Froome now has the 3rd fastest ascent on this climb matching and beating proven dopers, most of the other times on the same day would have seen those guys finish behind many of the proven dopers of yesterday. Froome is the anomaly here.

For the record I actually believe the sport has cleaned up and that is based on the decrease in speeds and power outputs because there is simply nothing else to go on. As I said, Froome is the anomaly and therefore incredibly suspicious considering his past and transformation.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
So how fast do people think Dawg will go on ventoux? Faster than JV?
assuming he goes full gas and isnt told to slow down to the human limit obviously

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Bakhjulet said:
Froome's performance on saturday was suspicious, no doubt about that. But saying his performance was as good as Armstrongs in 2001 I wouldn't agree, better to compare Froome's performance to Ullrich's. Why? Just look at this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QJXabYTLp8
(Climb starts about 1:05:00)

Armstrong follows Ullrich with ease and than explodes in the end. It's clear he had much more in the tank. If Armstrong would have gone full *** from where Froome went his time would have been much better. Ullrich on the other hand seems to go full *** from pretty far out, just like Froome, and their times are pretty equal.

And 2003 ... 2005? What happened those times?:confused:

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
You keep saying w/kg mean nothing yet lots of people within the pro peloton(including the manager of the guy who won yesterday) claim that the sport is a lot cleaner than it was and when asked to demonstrate how, they point to the times and power out-puts on climbs:rolleyes: If these things are meaningless as you suggest, there is absolutely nothing to show that the sport is any cleaner now than in the past 20 years. Considering the last 20 years have been shown to be rife with doping, why would things be any different now??

Fact is Froome now has the 3rd fastest ascent on this climb matching and beating proven dopers, most of the other times on the same day would have seen those guys finish behind many of the proven dopers of yesterday. Froome is the anomaly here.

For the record I actually believe the sport has cleaned up and that is based on the decrease in speeds and power outputs because there is simply nothing else to go on. As I said, Froome is the anomaly and therefore incredibly suspicious considering his past and transformation.

Still, climbers like Ten Dam and Mollema, not regarded to be among the absolute best climbers in world, were 1:10-1:15 behind Froome. And my guess is that a Quintana who had not attacked on Peyresourde would probably not have been to far behind Froome.

But sure, Froome's performance was remarkable and any sane person with knowledge of the doping history within cycling should view Froome's performance with suspicion.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Bakhjulet said:
Still, climbers like Ten Dam and Mollema, not regarded to be among the absolute best climbers in world, were 1:10-1:15 behind Froome. And my guess is that a Quintana who had not attacked on Peyresourde would probably not have been to far behind Froome.

But sure, Froome's performance was remarkable and any sane person with knowledge of the doping history within cycling should view Froome's performance with suspicion.

1:10 in what, 5km? That's a huge gap.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
TANK91 said:
You cant hate someone like that when your idol is a doper it don't make sense, your making accusation and your man is the DOPER ha ha. Now we know who cheated in the past watch a few interviews with Armstrong and you can tell he as that shifty look, now look at Froome he was almost crying when he got yellow that's what it means to him. Just look at dopers interveiew's when their asked about it and look at Froome's body language you will be surprised.:D

WTF happened to this??

TANK91 said:
Seriously this Forum is messed up ....
Sad it really is GOODBYE.

Fort 4 shur u wur dun with this playse , u no? fgs i meen cumon guys??

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
vrusimov said:

Even 2001 the Ax 3 Domanies climb were done after the alps. But in 2001 they didn't do Peyresourde ahead of Ax 3. Froome climbed Ax 3 in the first real mountain stage. Realistically Froome was fresher when he climbed Ax 3 than the riders who climbed it in 2003 and 2005 (In 2005 the stage was 220k). Because Peyresourde wasn't climbed in 2001, but the stage was still after the alps, maybe you in some sense can compare it to the stage this year. Or maybe not.

But as I've said before, Froome's performance is suspicious, no doubt about that.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
http://www.tv2.no/sport/sykkel/tdf/...loest-aa-beskylde-meg-for-doping-4085020.html

- Unfortunately stupid to have a good day. If I win a stage, I get a lot of questions if I'm clean or not. I am clean and I have worked extremely hard to get here. I find it quite disrespectful that someone asks me about doping at once I get off the bike. I should rather be asked what I had done to get there. It's sad, because it takes the focus away from the beautiful sport. Away from the tactics and execution, says Froom.

He believes that journalists have a lot of the blame for it now talk about doping.

- We hear now that other teams have to answer the same questions. Much about the journalists creates fuss about doping to get good stories or to get clicks. There are people who damage the sport. All the headlines about drug without it being something.

Froom also came with a doping sting of Alberto Contador at the press conference. Froom said that journalists should question the riders now are not as good as before. A journalist said Alberto Contador's name, and asked if Froom was referring to the Spaniard.

- I do not know. It makes you figure it out, says Froom.

Dawg going full *** in interviews too

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
According to a danish newspaper, when asked about doping during the Sky "rest day" press conference, Froome answered: (paraphrasing) "Some riders, who used to ride fast, isn't riding as fast anymore. That tells me the sport has become cleaner."

That is the first time, as far as i remember, a Tour favorit has indirectly accused a competitor of doping.
Froome does seem to handle the pressure very well, when he has to resort to these kind of "between the lines" accusations , to shift the attention away from him self.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Glacier said:
According to a danish newspaper, when asked about doping during the Sky "rest day" press conference, Froome answered: (paraphrasing) "Some riders, who used to ride fast, isn't riding as fast anymore. That tells me the sport has become cleaner."

That is the first time, as far as i remember, a Tour favorit has indirectly accused a competitor of doping.
Froome does seem to handle the pressure very well, when he has to resort to these kind of "between the lines" accusations , to shift the attention away from him self.

someone should've pointed out the rider formerly climbing sideways now beating the times of dopers!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
So how fast do people think Dawg will go on ventoux? Faster than JV?
assuming he goes full gas and isnt told to slow down to the human limit obviously

My guess is no..... If he has a brain in his head. He already blew the script by not coming in with GC contenders once, maybe he'll get it right on Ventoux. IMHO, in this way Armstrong was the better actor. Just not seeing the same sense of creating drama with the Sky aliens.

I expect some ridiculousness at the TT's though. Porte's should put in a few NOT NORMAL performances.

Froome's going to look fresh as a daisy if he can stick with the script while all around him the rest of the field will obviously suffer.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
My guess is no..... If he has a brain in his head. He already blew the script by not coming in with GC contenders once, maybe he'll get it right on Ventoux. IMHO, in this way Armstrong was the better actor. Just not seeing the same sense of creating drama with the Sky aliens.

I expect some ridiculousness at the TT's though. Porte's should put in a few NOT NORMAL performances.

Froome's going to look fresh as a daisy if he can stick with the script while all around him the rest of the field will obviously suffer.

The SRMs mean they can control the performances more accurately and so will be keeping it as 'normal' as they can while winning.

Bakhjulet said:
Even 2001 the Ax 3 Domanies climb were done after the alps. But in 2001 they didn't do Peyresourde ahead of Ax 3. Froome climbed Ax 3 in the first real mountain stage. Realistically Froome was fresher when he climbed Ax 3 than the riders who climbed it in 2003 and 2005 (In 2005 the stage was 220k). Because Peyresourde wasn't climbed in 2001, but the stage was still after the alps, maybe you in some sense can compare it to the stage this year. Or maybe not.

But as I've said before, Froome's performance is suspicious, no doubt about that.
The stage in 2001 was ridden after a rest day.

vrusimov said:

2003- Zubeldia goes with 3.5-3.75 to go, Ulrich gets a gap on armstrong and drives home from about 3k out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJyZ7X_b7Ww

2005, group of nine with 7km to go chasing vino. Rabobasso narrows it to Ulrich, LA and Landis outside of 6k to go. No one takes a turn and the lead group swells again. Another attack around 5.5 slims it down to a trio, and they work together to keep it small through the red kite. LA gets away from Ulrich, while Basso keeps close through the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-N9NRQieYI

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
During steak gate Alberto did some oscar worthy acting performances with his super emotional interviews. Who doesn't trust him when those big doe eyes start filling up with tears :)

you a woman, not everybody look at him having big doe eyes Flo...thank god.