• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 158 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
So, it looks like the Froomster has cracked a little under pressure, pointing fingers. That will fall well in the peloton.

Surely all the better; if he's doping and has now angered the peleton, all the more likely he'll be 'ratted' out, right?

So it must be a good thing, no?

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Do you feel him growing on you MV? I am.

It's called mass hypn...

Gonna get me an Oakley, a white one.

For some ridiculous bigotted reason, i have a natural immunity to the charm of saffer accents. I just can't warm to them - not rugby, not cricket, nothing.

I knew one girl in uni, originally from Jo'berg, pretty and knew it, we used to call her timotei (after the shampoo commercials) - she was an insuffereable love-me-do <insert expletive here>, you couldn't like her if you bore her, and she was an apartheid apologist to boot - i suspect that's something to do with it!

But back on topic, no, I shall not be buying an Oakley products, thanking you kindly.

And before anyone gets too offended, yes I realised that's a ridiculous bigotted over-reaction based on one *** i met. Just being honest though.

i liked Adi burrell, if that helps.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
H2OUUP2 said:
Easy on the Saffa women. ;) I'm married to one.

We all have our crosses to bear ;)

I'm married to a redhead. An Irish redhead to boot. I don't have my troubles to seek :eek:

But yes, of course you're right, it's ridiculous bias. You can blame timotei.

Hugh Januss said:
No analysis of Valverde's body language?
I had to go look at the Movistar thread, started incidentally (?) by one of the muppets who is defending Froome everywhere else, I can offer a brief synopsis to spare anyone who hasn't read it yet the 5 minute waste of their life.
OP wonders why after yesterdays stage there is nota lot of conjecture about Movistar doping.
Everyone else says "oh yeah, Movistar is doping".
Thread over.

And still that clean guy netting Armstrong-times over cols is smashing those dirty dopers. :D

All in the head of a fanboy.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
EnacheV said:
those claims like "a human can only go up to xxx watts/kg" are ********, that's why no serious official organization takes them seriously.

ffs, they cant even measure those watts/kg numbers right, put 3 machines on same bike and you get +/- 15% differences between them

You might not take them seriously but High Road and Garmin both used watts/kg as part of their internal testing program. They are a central part of Sky's training.

SRM's have a 2% margin of error

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Chris Froome flew in to Nante for the first rest day of the Tour to be confronted with questions of doping.

Personally, I think his response would have been more credible if he had just taken the plane like all the other riders.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
So, what are we expecting from the time trial later today? I think the Dawg will put a minute, maybe two, into Contador and more on Valverde, Rodriguez and Evans.

pmcg76 said:
Yes, Mollema is not a huge shock though he is riding very well but nothing amazing. Ten Dam however is a shock to me, I always thought of him as a good rider but not at this level. His surprise result got lost in the Froome hysteria.

LTD is not a shock to me. Old school like Voigt etc.

These people will perform when needed. On climbs, in TTs or in breaks. Nothing can stop them when they are switched on.

Cimber said:

who said anything else?

the site is ridiculous though slamming vetoo's work. check on dimspace too defending froomey like a real team sky supporter. i love this shiit:D

the good thing is that vetoo works independently. and so do i. so if you compare the ascent times i have and his, it's pretty much 100% they are ok. portoleau has the same times too

this is the start of the climb every one of those three is using:
bonascre.jpg

now to end this ridiculous speculation about the 2001 bonascre time...the start was not filmed. but it doesn't take an albert einstein to figure the time from the start(which was not filmed) to the first hairpin(which was filmed). i estimated by looking in what time they did that distance in every other stage, 2003,2005,2010. i think it was around 1 minute or something. so the error can't be bigger than +/- 5 seconds.

so yes, froome did the third best time ever on bonascre. end of story.
that site is ridiculous.

Yeh I had a chuckle when that debate emerged a few days ago.

jens and vetooo do a great job and have immense experience measuring times on hundreds of climbs, including Bonascre five times. That they would somehow get one wrong is not impossible but there is no reason at the moment to dispute the accuracy. It would require more than "what, you use a stopwatch and google maps/earth to work out times? Unbelievable!"

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
who said anything else?

the site is ridiculous though slamming vetoo's work. check on dimspace too defending froomey like a real team sky supporter. i love this shiit:D
Yep, TeamSkyFans United are funny as hell. Should we rename JournalVelo into Facts4Sky? FactsForChris? FactsForJesusDontOverdoItChris? He doesnt even see the timing of the climb was at 1.1K to the finishline...

Didnt they try to debunk the Vayer/Porteleau magazine some time ago?
Yupz:
http://journalvelo.com/opinion/why-power-doping-just-doesnt-add-up/

The myth should stay intact. Hope he gets some of those nice white sunglasses in the mail.

TRENDING THREADS