• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 171 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Vroomen founded Cervelo with White. For whatever reason, White had more control over the business decisions. Vroomen distanced himself from the company. White ran the business into the ground, resulting in it being acquired by a company that could save it. I don't think talk about doping had anything to do with it.

You're mistaken. Gerrard was ousted as acting CEO, due to his comments. This isn't secret insider info. ...But it is O/T. Sorry for straying from the incredible Froome-ster.

Froome's performances have all the earmarks of doped Contador, Schlecks, LA, etc.

I'd love to see Sky worked over & Froome isolated again. Listening to comments from Evans & Martin, it sounds to m as though the peloton's had enough of Sky's "we're clean" BS.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
6293f3fc-29c7-4c5a-9688-1489293cfe7a-460x276.jpeg

Chris-Froome-010.jpg

Seems legit that those tiny insect legs of Dawg can produce the same power as Martin

May 26, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Though then he says he thought Froome to be a "diamond in the rough." Sounds like big star potential was in his mind. I just don't get it though. All the greats demonstrated much more at an early moment.

I'd say that's a hindsight, proud father sentiment. Froome wins the TdF, Dave has to say something, the reporter has to write something. I don't see this as nefarious/sinister/lieing.

Now about Leinders... those were big flat lies ;)

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
6293f3fc-29c7-4c5a-9688-1489293cfe7a-460x276.jpeg

Chris-Froome-010.jpg

Seems legit that those tiny insect legs of Dawg can produce the same power as Martin

nice work look at the difference in the hamstrings. wow. same thought came to me this morning watching the race. btw what were those pads Froome had on his thighs under his bibs when he sat resting after the trubo warm up? At first I thought his quads grew overnight then he made a few adjustments to them. Ice? Heat? they were thigh length. Clearly it must be something superior to all other teams that only Brainsford thought of right?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
Easy solution don't read the clinic. I also notice you only post in Froome/Sky threads. If you're completely against talk of doping without proof, you'd better start posting in all the other team/riders threads that are here in the clinic.

But I think you're a Sky stooge and are here to post junk/try to derail the Sky related threads, this kind of stuff happened a few years ago in the Armstrong threads.

Sky stooge its funny because you believe it

Boeing said:
nice work look at the difference in the hamstrings. wow. same thought came to me this morning watching the race. btw what were those pads Froome had on his thighs under his bibs when he sat resting after the trubo warm up? At first I thought his quads grew overnight then he made a few adjustments to them. Ice? Heat? they were thigh length. Clearly it must be something superior to all other teams that only Brainsford thought of right?

On superior, did you hear that Froome's bike was specially designed to cope with the exact type of crosswinds expected in the Mont St Michel area? According to Dowsett, the handlebars cost about £10,000 alone.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
EnacheV said:
Would be so nice to have a thread with evidences, to be subscribed to that single thread when something real appears.

Reading tons of imaginary maculature is a waste of time.

Im interested to keep up with doping news but not searching through tons of garbage to find one glimpse of reality.

Some people use their eyes and knowledge.

With UCI running anti doping why would you expect to hear of a positive. They hid Armstrongs and they tried to hide Contadors.

So i suppose you wont be posting anymore :rolleyes:

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
On superior, did you hear that Froome's bike was specially designed to cope with the exact type of crosswinds expected in the Mont St Michel area? According to Dowsett, the handlebars cost about £10,000 alone.

He's running a (Dupont/Specialized/HED) tri-spoke front wheel? They've been the best in crosswinds for about 20 years?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
bigcog said:
Froome comes across as more intelligent than your average pro, went to university etc. Do you think he'd be that daft to take a drug which causes cancer to such a degree ?

Pretty sure someone will say yes and come up with some sort of justification that's a bit silly

May 26, 2009
Visit site
argyllflyer said:

It's a very expensive prototype TT rig. Just as most other TT rigs we see in the TdF. :rolleyes:

And no it's not specially developed for the crosswinds around this area.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Almeisan said:
You are kidding right? He is an elite athlete. They don't care about long time health, at all. This is elite sports.

Also, a survey was done anonymously on Olympic athletes. Would they take a win pill if it meant they would get gold but that would kill them in 5 years. More than half said they would die for a gold medal.
Check Goldman Dilemma.

Did you ever read the Iliad? Do you know what Achilles choose? Why we still talk about Achilles today? Because he choose to grow old with his family?

And with cyclists it is even more obvious. They decent at 90 km/h at risk of instant death.

So no, it's not a matter of intelligence. Armstrong knew he got cancer from doping. But he doped stronger. He knew the general public would buy his "I had cancer why would I risk my health"-line. But for him it was, "I already got cancer and lived, so now I have to risk all and win the TdF'"

Bingo full house

argyllflyer said:

Of course and all the other clowns at Specialized, Cervelo, Trek etc are clueless about developing aerodynamic technology.

First lesson free. No charge. Promise.

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Of course and all the other clowns at Specialized, Cervelo, Trek etc are clueless about developing aerodynamic technology.

First lesson free. No charge. Promise.

If the teams can all get hold of the same standard equipment, how comes they can't get the same standard drugs?

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Almeisan said:
You are kidding right? He is an elite athlete. They don't care about long time health, at all. This is elite sports.

Also, a survey was done anonymously on Olympic athletes. Would they take a win pill if it meant they would get gold but that would kill them in 5 years. More than half said they would die for a gold medal.
Check Goldman Dilemma.

Did you ever read the Iliad? Do you know what Achilles choose? Why we still talk about Achilles today? Because he choose to grow old with his family?

And with cyclists it is even more obvious. They decent at 90 km/h at risk of instant death.

So no, it's not a matter of intelligence. Armstrong knew he got cancer from doping. But he doped stronger. He knew the general public would buy his "I had cancer why would I risk my health"-line. But for him it was, "I already got cancer and lived, so now I have to risk all and win the TdF'"

Wait a minute, Achilles was doping?!

Race Radio said:
By 2000 I had heard about the Hospital room, Baxter Pharmaceuticals, a team that was a "Science Experiment", Take the shot or you don't start, a bag of actovigen and syringes dumped, a positive for Cortisone, and a payoff to the UCI.

You nailed it there, "you had" there surely are people already in the known about sky, they just haven't spilled the beans yet.

I am pretty sure they will, eventually.