• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 326 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
del1962 said:
06 & 08 according to Wiki, 07 cuddles, 05 Di Luca
Well yeah I already knew who won all the other years, but I was in doubt with '06 and '09.

I saw Di Luca in Hadsten the year he won.

PICT0309.JPG

fbe6d600-9bed-438e-9ad3-65a39b2d33fd.jpg

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone told Froome he can help cycling by sharing his story?

I think he should, otherwise in a couple of years everyone will weigh 40kg and climb faster than Armstrong.

It would be nice to put this story to bed and move forwards with cycling.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Has anyone told Froome he can help cycling by sharing his story?

I think he should, otherwise in a couple of years everyone will weigh 40kg and climb faster than Armstrong.

It would be nice to put this story to bed and move forwards with cycling.

Not going to happen unless something like a drunk Wigans has a moment of weakness spilling the marginal beans and it is captured on an iphone.

Sky have Walsh on board deflecting all doping allegations! If the man who chased Armstrong for 13 years thinks Sky are clean, who apart from knowledgable fans are going to argue?

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Sky have Walsh on board deflecting all doping allegations! If the man who chased Armstrong for 13 years thinks Sky are clean, who apart from knowledgable fans are going to argue?

I like that you regard yourself so highly :) but i rather go with Walsh on this one.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
EnacheV said:
I like that you regard yourself so highly :) but i rather go with Walsh on this one.

Of course you will, be a pity to have spent all that money on Wigans books, sky jerseys etc etc, if you are not going to swallow their bull everytime.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Cycle Chic said:
Froome is the same weight all year give or take a kilo ?? relaxing in Kenya looks more than a kilo overweight since the Tour.

http://instagram.com/p/g2QfyOGxpE/#

I've seen this question a few times now.

I'd have to read the article again to be 100%, but I am pretty sure the files looked at were all in competition power files - so his weight in competition is relatively static - in the files. Whether it's his actual weight, or just a number typed in by someone who wishes to support a particular narrative is impossible to tell.

Out of competition is another story, and it is not unusual to put some weight on for health reasons, etc.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Froome is the same weight all year give or take a kilo ?? relaxing in Kenya looks more than a kilo overweight since the Tour.

http://instagram.com/p/g2QfyOGxpE/#

looks like he´s got quite an impressive fanbase by now.
you are my hero
doping paying off nicely for this guy.

one wonders though how anybody with a bit of self respect can depict a TdF winner as their hero, at least in this era.

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
I've seen this question a few times now.

I'd have to read the article again to be 100%, but I am pretty sure the files looked at were all in competition power files - so his weight in competition is relatively static - in the files. Whether it's his actual weight, or just a number typed in by someone who wishes to support a particular narrative is impossible to tell.

Out of competition is another story, and it is not unusual to put some weight on for health reasons, etc.

A riders weight is something that has been on my mind from time to time, would it have any 'scientific' value-merit to just weigh the top 10 finishers after every stage.

Weigh the damn bike and then weigh the damn racer, I mean, how hard could that be?