• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 471 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hfer07 said:
He held him off :eek:

Contador was able to hold the Dawg's wheel!!:D

Alberto's coffee seemed good this morning:D

...but seriously, Contador did go hard to keep it up with the Alien- which in itself is an important battle won, as far as confidence, as well as a physical measure of his form-but most of all is the tactical aspect of it- yes- Froome won the stage, but he literally burnt his team & himself in the process, which seems a bit precipitated considering all the racing left to do.....

Its more like the Alien is a bit "insecure" this time around & needs to prove to the world so desperately he's the best, that -in the process- is only helping Alberto to draft behind him while saving energy.....

SKY better get savvy this time around, because the Tour is up for grasp-not a given at all

PS: Nibbs looked good-not terrific but did his thing. BTW - What the fvck happened to PORTE?

Saint Unix said:

I though this quote was good from PRR.

Froome basically took on the peloton and won. Impressive.

And he did his saddle attack thing..... with the wrong gears?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
why doesn't any journalist call brailsfraud out on his bull****?

at least Shane Stokes is calling JV on his bs on twitter.. but yes, cycling journalists are too busy writing about the Froome/Wiggins soap opera these days.

was it just me or did everyone gang up on the Dawg today? lets hope for more of that.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
the sceptic said:
was it just me or did everyone gang up on the Dawg today? lets hope for more of that.

No. When someone can accelerate like that and drop you, the best tactic is get up the road so when they attack again, you are already far enough in front that you can grab a wheel (hopefully) as they go past (hopefully) taking advantage of their fatigued state.

You get to ride your tempo, and then go with them as they go past.

Having already left the others behind, the attack from Froome would drop the others, meaning you'd get a (hopefully) free ride to the finish.

A very handy tactic to use when you're not as strong as the good guys, perceived as less of a threat and so they let you go. Which is what the other riders did, leaving Froome to do the work each time.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
SecomBe said:
Didn't Dave Brailsford say two tears ago that the lack of multiple attacks (no to mention the length of attack) showed us that cycling was cleaner. :rolleyes:

Human beings have evolved since then though, nowadays things like that are possible clean.

the sceptic said:

Nah. It's possible tactical alliances could be made against Sky/Froome, but getting a podium or even top 5 GC would be too valuable for someone like Kelderman or Talansky to jeopardise just out of spite. They'll all be riding for their own interests in July.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
Not really.

The Dawg attacked multiple times, lead, followed every attack, attacked again himself and then won the sprint.

Fairly normal :rolleyes:

the holy spirit of brailsfraud already descended upon us (yes, I know, this was wiggo-style apology)

"If people want the entertainment value of riders attacking each other, stopping, attacking each other again and again, then go back to ‘old cycling’, which will give you the capability to do that."

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRXcCOip7Dk

Attacking twice.
Bringing back Kelderman and dropping Nibali with that tempo.
Bringing back JvdB2.
Bringing back Talansky.
Bringing back Kelderman.
Bringing back Talansky.

Followed by this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nRXcCOip7Dk#t=700

One word:
AWESOME.

I hope David Walsh loved this show. Tactical masterclass.

Froome is still hilarious, but today's performance was below most of the stuff he did last year.

In fact I haven't seen Froome in full alien mode this year. Too good, sure, but not super crazy. And we still have the donkey to racehorse problem of course.

Kelderman attacking 2-3 times and only losing 4s provides the full picture.

Talansky attacking 2 times and only losing 12s.

Talansky and Kelderman would have dropped 60s, if Froome was in same form as last year.

Porte much more human is another piece of the puzzle.

Dazed and Confused said:
Froome is still hilarious, but today's performance was below most of the stuff he did last year.

In fact I haven't seen Froome in full alien mode this year. Too good, sure, but not super crazy. And we still have the donkey to racehorse problem of course.

Kelderman attacking 2-3 times and only losing 4s provides the full picture.

Talansky attacking 2 times and only losing 12s.

Talansky and Kelderman would have dropped 60s, if Froome was in same form as last year.

Porte much more human is another piece of the puzzle.

I think it was more the type of climb it was. It was leveling out in parts so which allowed riders to get back on.

If it was Ventoux most of those guys wouldn't have even been there.

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Some quick calculations from Youtube clip ( someone please check my numbers before quoting them as fact! )

Passing 5km to finish = 12m19s

Ascent 1390m - 1073m over 5km = 6.34%

So the Ferrari model gives a relatively low 5.86W/Kg with the caveat that it doesn't work well at shallower gradients when wind resistance has more of an effect. Other power models closer to ~6.1W/Kg with no wind.

Await the steeper gradients were Froome should light things up once more!

Not normal. That refers to both Froome's vicious accelerations and the fact that Contador was able to stay with him. The more souped up Contador is in this years tour, the more Froome will have to go full gas to stave him off which should be funny to watch. I reckon Froome will have been testing his rivals out today to see exactly what level he needs to produce to stave them off on the high mountains in the tour and will have been frustrated that Contador held his wheel.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
froome is riding clean. for proof: forum crashed, right?:rolleyes:

one thing is certain though. i m going to come back to forum some 4-5 hrs after each stage. hopefully forum becomes operational by that time.

today's performance by Froom was totally normal:rolleyes:

i mean, he only atacked and one rider was able to follow right. oc, that rider cudn't sprint for the finish. that ought to be because Froome is such a strong rider. :rolleyes:

perfectly understandable:rolleyes:

And, he was NOT faking that he was panting. i mean, who can act as if he was struggling to breath. after bugzilla, should we look at bloodzilla too?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
the way froome rode for the stage victory, the way he celebrated it, shows this guy is extremely ehrgeizig. over the top really.
putting all his cards on the table already.
i think he might be loosing it.

TRENDING THREADS