• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 596 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Perhaps not on purpose, but have you read the link you posted? His name, his picture, his profession and other details about his life, or what the posters think is his life, are revealed there.

He posts there himself so of course he knew. Wouldn't be surprised if he was part of the lynch mob.

TailWindHome said:
I've reported the post myself - the mods can adjucate wether or not I've broken the rules.

You don't need the mods to adjudate on this one. It's common sense and self moderation applies. What you did was premeditated with the intent to cause harm and against forum rules. It's fairly straightforward. Why you're even attempting to shiift responsibility to Digger, I don't know.

You posted it, live with your actions.

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
You don't need the mods to adjudate on this one. It's common sense and self moderation applies. What you did was premeditated with the intent to cause harm and against forum rules. It's fairly straightforward. Why you're even attempting to shiift responsibility to Digger, I don't know.

You posted it, live with your actions.

Not biting today Hog.
Nice try anyway.

People need to ask Wiggins about the autumn of 2010 - the conversation with Brailsford - whereby he stated clearly to brailsford what the reality was.

Back to froome - his excuse, and the one Walsh gave me to explain his improvement, is bilharzia...he told Dutch tv it eats away red blood cells - when kimmage said why hadn't it affected his biopassport - Cound interjected and said well it wasn't that bad - Froome said it was - Cound said it wasn't - it was like Laurel and Hardy.

The marginal gains again - one story I was told - they spent ages on getting their saddle material right - but to the amusement of the peloton, their gears don't work properly....

Almost everything Sky have told us has already been said about USP - substitute cancer for bilharzia - and regardless of what guys like JV tell us, there is no difference between the power outputs of known dopers from lance's era to today. At the top end of GC that is -

Brailsford 'the guy has never done a VO2 test' and then we have Cound coming on here telling us about one he did for the UCI in 2007

Even if you are the biggest Sky fan imaginable - how can you believe in froome?

Digger said:
People need to ask Wiggins about the autumn of 2010 - the conversation with Brailsford - whereby he stated clearly to brailsford what the reality was.

Back to froome - his excuse, and the one Walsh gave me to explain his improvement, is bilharzia...he told Dutch tv it eats away red blood cells - when kimmage said why hadn't it affected his biopassport - Cound interjected and said well it wasn't that bad - Froome said it was - Cound said it wasn't - it was like Laurel and Hardy.

The marginal gains again - one story I was told - they spent ages on getting their saddle material right - but to the amusement of the peloton, their gears don't work properly....

Almost everything Sky have told us has already been said about USP - substitute cancer for bilharzia - and regardless of what guys like JV tell us, there is no difference between the power outputs of known dopers from lance's era to today. At the top end of GC that is -

Brailsford 'the guy has never done a VO2 test' and then we have Cound coming on here telling us about one he did for the UCI in 2007

Well I think it's clear the type of tactics the average Froome fan lowers themselves to. They have no response so they go for lowball, below the belt efforts. It's Lance groupies all over again :rolleyes:

I agree Sky kinda got stuck with Froome once he transformed himself but they should have picked someone at least halfway credible to dope! :cool:

The guy is ridiculous.

Digger said:

maybe I am one of a kind, I don't need to believe him (your post explained well the situation with Sky)
I usually watch races and support him, instead of Contador, Valverde, Quintana or Nibali. and I don't need to believe these other riders either,
for me it's a matter of watching the races.

the other big shyt pit about what's going on behind the scenes, well, it's written here in the clinic.
if one wants to know about, just has to read.
but trying to convince the "biggest sky fans" they are wrong, won't lead to anything

if and when Sky will fall down, they'll open their eyes.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Well I think it's clear the type of tactics the average Froome fan lowers themselves to. They have no response so they go for lowball, below the belt efforts. It's Lance groupies all over again :rolleyes:

I agree Sky kinda got stuck with Froome once he transformed himself but they should have picked someone at least halfway credible to dope! :cool:

The guy is ridiculous.

I feel bad for JTL. Imagine if he hadn't been busted for the bio passport, sky would be stuck with him too and he might have won a grand tour by now. I bet Dawgs values were off the charts too, but he had the badzilla shield.

Now JTL is broke and hated by most bots, while Dawg is the ambassador of cleans cycling while living in Monaco.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
I feel bad for JTL. Imagine if he hadn't been busted for the bio passport, sky would be stuck with him too and he might have won a grand tour by now. I bet Dawgs values were off the charts too, but he had the badzilla shield.

Now JTL is broke and hated by most bots, while Dawg is the ambassador of cleans cycling while living in Monaco.
To the bold: not according to the Sky doctor in the Gospel of Saint David.

It is not in the blood.

Accordo\ing to him.

So, what transforms a packfodder rider with no contract for the next year into a GT Champion in three weeks without messing with blood?

I bet the whole of the peloton knows by now, omerta is strong.

pastronef said:
maybe I am one of a kind, I don't need to believe him (your post explained well the situation with Sky)
I usually watch races and support him, instead of Contador, Valverde, Quintana or Nibali. and I don't need to believe these other riders either,

the other big shyt pit about what's going on behind the scenes, well, it's written here in the clinic.
but trying to convince the "biggest sky fans" they are wrong, won't lead to anything

A lot of it is a defence mechanism. A lot of Sky fans similar to Lance fans don't want to consider reality. So they attack the messenger. We've seen it all before. I don't think there's a need to call it out just keep showing where Sky/Walsh/Brailsford are lying. That's can't be a bad thing now can it?

pastronef said:

The time to open ome's eyes is before they're opened for you, and there is no other choice.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
To the bold: not according to the Sky doctor in the Gospel of Saint David.

It is not in the blood.

Accordo\ing to him.

So, what transforms a packfodder rider with no contract for the next year into a GT Champion in three weeks without messing with blood?

I bet the whole of the peloton knows by now, omerta is strong.

Is Dawg smart enough to figure out that stuff on his own? doubt it.

But then again, why would sky pick him of all people to put on the GT winner program?

My guess is that Dawg went out and did a JTL, juiced up hardcore on EPO and gambled on not getting busted. When he survived that vuelta, sky took care of him and made sure he would never test positive. Probably tweaked his program which made him even better in 2013.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:

But then again, why would sky pick him of all people to put on the GT winner program?

My guess is that Dawg went out and did a JTL, juiced up hardcore on EPO and gambled on not getting busted. When he survived that vuelta, sky took care of him and made sure he would never test positive. Probably tweaked his program which made him even better in 2013.

See my previous post. Nobody rushed to answer some questions. I'm not saying he is clean, not at all. But some things here, in this topic, don't get along with the others. And your theory is highly unlikely to be true. Was he using EPO in a clean field?

the sceptic said:

Well in 2011 Sky had Leinders & UCI Zorzoli rekindling their lost friendship from the Rabo days.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
McLovin said:
See my previous post. Nobody rushed to answer some questions. I'm not saying he is clean, not at all. But some things here, in this topic, don't get along with the others. And your theory is highly unlikely to be true. Was he using EPO in a clean field?

I don't have all the answers. I agree that there are some things that seem hard to explain.

Perhaps Sky found that Dawg was a super responder to whatever it is they are doing and decided to go with him. Who knows.

thehog said:
A lot of it is a defence mechanism. A lot of Sky fans similar to Lance fans don't want to consider reality. So they attack the messenger. We've seen it all before. I don't think there's a need to call it out just keep showing where Sky/Walsh/Brailsford are lying. That's can't be a bad thing now can it?

no, it is not a bad thing.
It just depends on the degree at which you are involved in the discussion.
and anyone reacts in a different way. the more one knows and is aware of the system, the more one can show where they're lying.
so maybe the incredible scrutiny given to Sky words and actions, is proportional to their level of lies.

on the other hand laughing at Porte and Froome because they abandoned a criterium in the rain (while they are preparing for next season, and it would be better not risking a fall) is not part of the deserved criticism for their level of lies. juts one of the many examples I saw on here.

pastronef said:
no, it is not a bad thing.
It just depends on the degree at which you are involved in the discussion.
and anyone reacts in a different way. the more one knows and is aware of the system, the more one can show where they're lying.
so maybe the incredible scrutiny given to Sky words and actions, is proportional to their level of lies.

on the other hand laughing at Porte and Froome because they abandoned a criterium in the rain (while they are preparing for next season, and it would be better not risking a fall) is not part of the deserved criticism for their level of lies. juts one of the many examples I saw on here.

Agreed. Like Froome beating Alberto Contador, Tour de France winner on a mountain top finish? :rolleyes:

2u7obow.jpg

m7aufl.jpg

thehog said:
Agreed. Like Froome beating Alberto Contador, Tour de France winner on a mountain top finish? :rolleyes:

I support the first, instead of the latter and his steaks.
everyone has their favourite liars in Pro Cycling

must agree, from the bits I read on here, that the book is one of the biggest facepalms ever
and it's clearly written for the fans. you don't need to show the laughable bits to me, I know, and I don't care.

thehog said:

2u7obow.jpg

m7aufl.jpg

I raced against Bobby Julich and beat him. Maybe I'll finish top 3 in the Tour.

That book was written for dickheads, by a ***.

Incidentally, this thread has 1.7mil views. That's insane.

TRENDING THREADS