• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 671 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Re:

the sceptic said:
ammattipyöräily ‏@ammattipyoraily 2m2 minutes ago

#TDF2015, Stage 10. La Pierre Saint Martin (14.89 km, 7.72 %, 1150 m)
Chris Froome: 40 min 54 sec, 21.84 Kph, VAM 1687 m/h, 6.09 W/kg [DrF]

isn`t this within the realm of what is considered possible without juice?

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
jsTd7C5.png

n9OEEqN.jpg

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm blocked by JV, so can't paste link. But seems he's not a Froomatic anymore.

Race Radio retweeted
Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 7m7 minutes ago
Well..... Hmmmmm... Not much to say.
57 retweets 53 favorites
Reply Retweet57 Favorite53 Follow

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Anaconda said:

Race Radio retweeted
57 retweets 53 favorites

He did a similar tweet after AX3 Domaines when asked for his thoughts.

Re:

Saint Unix said:
Also, a shoutout to all the on-the-fencers who were saying it was unreasonable to say Froome was nuclear because he hadn't shown anything yet in this Tour. What do you say now?

Tailwind?

There is a perfect explanation.. I showed it on last page.. nothing weird other than him not being human.. :) but thats not the first time in cycling..

If anyway one said it was unreasonable, I am sure they are not on the board today

Re:

Anaconda said:

Race Radio retweeted
57 retweets 53 favorites
JV just reacts to what he thinks its popular. He sees everyone on twitter suggesting its doping so he posts pretty much the exact same post he did in 2013 when he said "I don't know"

This got him some respect from the doubters but 2 days later he was back to saying that Froome improved through marginal gains.

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Never in my wildest dreams would I think they could ever top Ax3 with this squad against this field. Outrageous.

If any of you guys want to follow an exciting and competitive race this week I recommend the Giro Val d'Aosta.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Pretty amazing stuff out there today.

I don't even know why people need to go over power numbers, or testing, or times.

It's pretty friggin obvious what's going on to the stupidest of people.

No one team, or one rider - in a "clean era" - can dominant like that.

There's no such thing as super hero's.

Re:

H2OUUP2 said:

I don't even know why people need to go over power numbers, or testing, or times.

The problem is that most will still watch the tour tomorrow.. if nobody saw the rest of the tour it might change abit.. after all they live from entertaining others...

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

H2OUUP2 said:

I agree. Because power analysis can potentially show that a performance exceeds what ought to be possible for human beings with human parameters, some are inferring that if power analysis doesn't show that, then the performance is clean. Or at least that there is no evidence it isn't.

That's a fallacy, though. Relative dominance is strong evidence of doping. If you look at today and go like "6.1w for 40 minutes? High, but believable. suspicious but we shouldn't jump to conclusions" when Froome has demolished the entire field with absolutely insane gaps, you can't be helped.

Re: Re:

Pulp said:
the sceptic said:
ammattipyöräily ‏@ammattipyoraily 2m2 minutes ago

#TDF2015, Stage 10. La Pierre Saint Martin (14.89 km, 7.72 %, 1150 m)
Chris Froome: 40 min 54 sec, 21.84 Kph, VAM 1687 m/h, 6.09 W/kg [DrF]

isn`t this within the realm of what is considered possible without juice?

Yes, depending on who you talk to. SoS draws the line at 6.2-6.3, but that is for 25-30', so by their standards this is borderline. More than the 5.6 in the leaked data, though. But I don't know about wind conditions, if it turned out there was a significant net headwind, that would change things.

For comparison, Quintana is about 5.93, and Contador 5.70. Last year, Nibs climbed Hautacam, about the same vertical ascent (1060 m) with the same power, 6.09 watts/kg. Also climbed Port de Bales, 1120 m, at 6.02 watts/kg.

Another interesting comparison is with Alpe d'Huez, which has just a slightly lower vertical climb. A time under 41' is certainly borderline suspicious there, though not close to what was being recorded in the late 90s and early 00s. Regardless of what Froome may be on, clearly some of his dominance is due to a weaker peloton. His VAM really is not close to what was being done not so long ago.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink on final climb, 409W.. which is already exceptional.

Assuming 68 kg., that is 6.01 watts/kg, which I guess is fairly consistent with the VAM estimate of Froome.

TRENDING THREADS