• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 780 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Funny that he somehow knew a TUE would be leaked.

Better to be known as the honest superman, rejectiing any help.

On top of that, he was willing to jeopardize maillott jaune just to avoid potential criticism.

makes sense...

Re:

mrhender said:

On top of that, he was willing to jeopardize maillott jaune just to avoid potential criticism.

makes sense...

Froome resorted to holding his breath so as not to cough in front of his rivals.

Ummmm, OK, holding your breath wouldn't look very suspicious now would it... :rolleyes:

Re: Re:

thehog said:
mrhender said:

makes sense...

Froome resorted to holding his breath so as not to cough in front of his rivals.

Ummmm, OK, holding your breath wouldn't look very suspicious now would it... :rolleyes:

Considering how dumb our froomey is it's a wonder he didn't suffocate himself.

Digger said:
thehog said:
mrhender said:

makes sense...

Poor guy. Has asthma and a cold. Simple remedy; hold your breath. Does get a little tricky after about 2 minutes but holding on for a 4 hour stage going up mountains would be a little tough without breathing.

But Sky can do amazing things, like defying the basic human requirement for oxygen.

What will they think of next at Sky HQ? :cool:

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

thehog said:
But Sky can do amazing things, like defying the basic human requirement for oxygen.

Climbing faster than the Great Laurent Fignon while holding your breath is the new marginal gain.

But I bet Laurent in his time was just a lazy cyclist doing nothing untill July.

Mmmmh...

thehog said:
Digger said:
thehog said:
mrhender said:

makes sense...

Poor guy. Has asthma and a cold. Simple remedy; hold your breath. Does get a little tricky after about 2 minutes but holding on for a 4 hour stage going up mountains would be a little tough without breathing.

bullshyz in the posts surpassing the bullshyz in the newspaper
yes, like clean performances surpassing the doped ones

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

thehog said:
mrhender said:

makes sense...

Next year Froome will do some 1000 watt attacks while holding his breath and having a 140 heartrate. :cool:

When I am out in public or around someone else, I will often hold my breath for a few seconds when I feel a coughing fit coming on. I think people are making too much of a meal out of that one little line. It is not like he was holding his breath while climbing Alpe d'Huez. By the context of the quote, it probably happened at the beginning of the stages and in sections where the pace was not 100%.

thehog said:
mrhender said:

makes sense...

I'm still holding my breath that froome will do that v02 max test.

The Hitch said:
thehog said:
mrhender said:

makes sense...

I'm still holding my breath that froome will do that v02 max test.
Keep holding it and maybe you too can be ready for the 2016 TdF.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
pastronef said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-refused-to-apply-for-tue-at-tour-de-france-despite-illness/

tue-froome-tour

all right guys unleash your dawgs :D

The gentleman doth protest too much.

Can't just win the Tour without justifying it.

Team Brailsford need to release the real information that skeptics such as the honorable members of the clinic and some members of the media have been asking for for years.

These little gestures like CF refusing a TUE at this years Tour (because he's so noble) just scratch the surface of getting down to the real issue of validating Froomes extraordinary physiology.

Re:

irondan said:
Team Brailsford need to release the real information that skeptics such as the honorable members of the clinic and some members of the media have been asking for for years.

These little gestures like CF refusing a TUE at this years Tour (because he's so noble) just scratch the surface of getting down to the real issue of validating Froomes extraordinary physiology.

Sick Froome Dawg went on the next day to ride a weeks worth of crits. He truly is a modern medical marvel our Dawg! :cool:

The day after being feted across Paris, Froome headed to the Natour Criterium in Aalst along with Peter Sagan. The criteriums are less races and more spectacle, with the winner being generally pre-arranged. Sagan topped the podium in Aalst with Froome and Belgian champion Preben Van Hecke.

Next up, across the border in the Netherlands, was the 'Daags na de Tour' or Day after the Tour in Boxmeer, where Sagan was once again on the podium, this time with home riders Robert Gesink (LottoNl-Jumbo) and Bauke Mollema (Trek).

The next day, Quintana claimed top honours ahead of Froome and Serge Pauwels (MTN-Qhubeka) at the Natour Criterium in Roeselare.

Wednesday's race was the Profronde van Lommel, where once more Sagan landed on the podium, this time behind Greg Van Avermaet, with Kevin Hulsmans in third.

The post-Tour criteriums run through the rest of the week across Europe.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
After seeing the barrage of Froome related news today, Im just amazed that anyone could believe a thing he says.

A literate teenager can disprove just about all of it in ten minutes, and yet here we have the blond grasshopper and his scribe, talking jibberish that only a true imbecile could believe.
Walsh should be especially ashamed with his latest article in the times. I really think its just a piss-take at this point, as no one could possibly believe what he wrote. Un-possible.

BTW- I did an FTP/Vo2 max test this weekend, and the numbers were unremarkable. Guess Ill be in line to win the TdF in a few months!

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Paul Kimmage, calling it as he sees it about the Walsh "interview" (love in) in the Sunday Times.... interpret as you see fit...

Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage 14h14 hours ago
@OrangSoul @ST_Sport Orang, I am adamantly stating we're having our plonker pulled.

"What has quizzed us has perhaps been his under-performance prior to this, rather than the over-performance here in Spain," he said.

"Physically Chris Froome is very gifted and we've always known that the power-to-weight ratio he produces is phenomenal.

"It's been puzzling though how some days he can be absolutely brilliant and other days he's struggled with the consistency."

Funny...Sir Dave was out the loop about badzilla..."puzzling" indeed ;)

besides...I'm wondering on which were the days he was "absolutely brilliant" pre-Vulta...

TRENDING THREADS