• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 919 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

sniper said:
Angliru said:
You need to be a lot more specific than "According to the peloton at the time". You say this as if it is common knowledge which it is/was not and still is arguable regardless of what you may believe or attest to being fact.
The rumors aren't arguable. They're real. (again, see Lemond+evidence threads)
Scienceiscool can say it's one or two persons, but it wasn't. The rumor lived in the entire peloton, and that over at least two generations (from the Dhaenens/Gisbers era to Floyd/Boogerd era).
No, I don't pretend the rumors are common knowledge in the Clinic. I wouldn't be pointing it out to Nomad if I thought that.
To be 100% sure: the *existence* of the rumors is fact. The *veracity* of the rumors is of course debatable. I've never said anything differently.
If you have any questions or are looking for links, please ask them in the Lemond thread or in PM, I'll be happy to help you out.

gillan1969 said:
the clinic 1
gillian, it must suck not be able to call out Wiggins and Froome anymore without looking like a bit of a hypocrit. Wanna talk about it? ;)

Then name one person who rode with Lemond. just one. Not even a teammate. You've got at best a half dozen people who have fourth hand rumors. The guys who rode with Lemond? They say he's clean.

John Swanson

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
thehook said:
Froome was such a HUGE talent. That SKY offered him to Bruyneel, Pre Vuelta.

JV has said. That at some point Wiggo went on his own as far as training methods. If you look at his high placing at LeTour. When he was with Garmin. And look at his body the year prior. You can see the Transformation. He trained to the British Cycling Program that year. And by next season SKY bought out his final season on his Garmin Contract. Hmmm?
any source for his?

thehook said:

JV has said. That at some point Wiggo went on his own as far as training methods. If you look at his high placing at LeTour. When he was with Garmin. And look at his body the year prior. You can see the Transformation. He trained to the British Cycling Program that year. And by next season SKY bought out his final season on his Garmin Contract. Hmmm?

why would Sky offer Foome to another team? it doesn't make sense

May 26, 2010
Visit site
rick james said:
thehook said:

Go check his results prior to Vuelta '11 and you will see why.

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
thehook said:

Because he wasn't very good.

"Before the 2011 Tour of Spain I would have settled for any extension of my contract but as the race progressed and I stayed in contention, my value was going up."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-reveals-how-close-he-was-to-leaving-team-sky-in-2011/

Team Sky rider Froome's previous best in a major race was 36th in the 2009.

He was was entered in the race to assist triple Olympic champion Wiggins, who had his eye on a podium spot in his first race back following a crash that saw him break his collarbone during the Tour de France in July.

"The last three weeks have been an unforgettable experience. It's actually quite overwhelming," said Froome.

"If three weeks ago you had told me that I would be standing on the podium in Madrid I wouldn't have believed you. This has really been a life-changing experience.

"I've moved up a lot. I think I've learnt a lot riding alongside Bradley, like learning how to conserve my energy instead of going off on crazy attacks and just being more consistent and being there on the big climbs."

Froome, however, remains unsure where his long-term future lies.

"The team has looked after me and we're going to have to see going forward," he added. "I haven't signed a contract yet, but that's still to be decided in the next week or so, I think."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/14871144

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
thehook said:

any source for his?

That has been well know for sometime now. However Johan Confirmed it on Twitter a few months ago. He was offered Froome by Dave. Just before the 11' Vuelta

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
thehook said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
thehook said:

any source for his?

That has been well know for sometime now. However Johan Confirmed it on Twitter a few months ago. He was offered Froome by Dave. Just before the 11' Vuelta. YES SIR DAVE! Who saw Froome in "sand shoes" and new he was a huge talent.

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
thehook said:

No the point is Froome was out of contract so sir Dave couldn't push Froome anywhere...I don't know where hare the junk on here comes from

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
thehook said:

No the point is Froome was out of contract so sir Dave couldn't push Froome anywhere...I don't know where hare the junk on here comes from
It was along the lines of "We don't need him, you can have him."

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
thehook said:

Even if a rider is coming out of contract a team can offer him or her up, it's not an uncommon thing

Ryo Hazuki said:
thehook said:

any source for his?
https://books.google.be/books?id=eAXjCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT81&lpg=PT81

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
thehook said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
thehook said:

any source for his?

That has been well know for sometime now. However Johan Confirmed it on Twitter a few months ago. He was offered Froome by Dave. Just before the 11' Vuelta
any link? can't find it

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
thehook said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
thehook said:

any source for his?

any link? can't find it

you ignoring the link posted above on purpose posted by Gung Ho.... :rolleyes:

again for special needs... :D

https://books.google.be/books?id=eAXjCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT81&lpg=PT81#v=onepage&q&f=false

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Barzini said:
By focusing on TUEs, we get articles such as this in the media:

'Bradley Wiggins operated within doping rules – but rules may be wrong'
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/sep/23/bradley-wiggins-doping-rules-fancy-bears-tues

When really the problem is way way more severe.......in a way Team Sky will be delighted with this whole TUE 'hack thing

you have to start somewhere. Lance Armstrong also went down like this, piece by piece.

the advantage of the fancy bears hack is that it is undeniable evidence: documentation. nothing can be done about it, it's there. for public knowledge.

second, the first wall, which was to prove the culture of doping is part of the institution team sky, has been broken: it can't be built again.
the hack is not saying "ok, so it's just TUEs, we can move on then", it's saying "they are liars and hypocrites, what else are they doing?".
I can assure you they are not delighted.

TRENDING THREADS