• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 927 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
So where once Froome's refusal of the 2015 TUE was pragmatic (he knew people would talk in an already fraught and febrile atmosphere) now it was entirely a moral decision? Funny how refusing a TUE is never done on something like, um, medical grounds.

Got to love Froome, he makes it so easy to see straight through him (and not just because he looks like a human X-ray)

Re:

Benotti69 said:
Froome playing a dangerous game of nudging Wiggins and Brailsford towards under the bus. That wont endear him to other teams. He may get a 1 year contract from someone like BMC/Bahrain to pick his brain but if he is gonna hurt others.........

Froome might be doing this to keep in with Sky/Murdoch (there's a reason why DB thinks his phone is hacked).

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
oh boy, Vroom is already in his own team

journalists: what do you think of Dave?

Vroom: “Dave himself has put his hand up and said he has made mistakes,” said Froome.

"My values haven’t changed,” he later added. "I’ve always been very focused in terms of my stance on doping, my stance on riding clean, showing people that it is possible to win the Tour de France clean, to win multiple Tour de Frances clean. That’s what I’m going to continue to do going forward.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-refuses-to-back-brailsford-over-recent-controversies/

Chris must have had a meeting with his PR manager this week with all the press pieces. Firstly we had the friendly 'chat' with Cadel talking about the big bad doping of the past, then he batted off questions about the package by saying he was concentrating on his own training and looking after his one year old....(don't ask me, I know nothing about the package governor). Finally he failed to support Brailsford when given the opportunity to do so. He has his own clean image to protect first and foremost and nothing will get in the way of this. Froome is a lot smarter and cunning than he appears and beneath the nice guy image that he is so determined to portray, there lies a ruthless individual.

Re:

ontheroad said:
Chris must have had a meeting with his PR manager this week with all the press pieces. Firstly we had the friendly 'chat' with Cadel talking about the big bad doping of the past, then he batted off questions about the package by saying he was concentrating on his own training and looking after his one year old....(don't ask me, I know nothing about the package governor). Finally he failed to support Brailsford when given the opportunity to do so. He has his own clean image to protect first and foremost and nothing will get in the way of this. Froome is a lot smarter and cunning than he appears and beneath the nice guy image that he is so determined to portray, there lies a ruthless individual.

PR Manager? Is that not his other half?

Re:

MmeDesgrange said:
So where once Froome's refusal of the 2015 TUE was pragmatic (he knew people would talk in an already fraught and febrile atmosphere) now it was entirely a moral decision? Funny how refusing a TUE is never done on something like, um, medical grounds.

Got to love Froome, he makes it so easy to see straight through him (and not just because he looks like a human X-ray)

human x-ray, gotta love that :D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Froome playing a dangerous game of nudging Wiggins and Brailsford towards under the bus. That wont endear him to other teams. He may get a 1 year contract from someone like BMC/Bahrain to pick his brain but if he is gonna hurt others.........
Maybe he's hoping to get that 2012 tdf title backdated.
Not totally unthinkable. All it would need is evidence of Wiggins sticking a needle in his arm or ass on that last day of the dauphine and he's cooked. UKAD/UCI would have to strip him.
Chances are small. But who knows.

Re: Re:

sniper said:
Benotti69 said:
Not totally unthinkable. All it would need is evidence of Wiggins sticking a needle in his arm or *** on that last day of the dauphine and he's cooked. UKAD/UCI would have to strip him.

I believe the unresolved dispute between Michelle and Kat, that Michelle wants that 2012 title. At the going rate Dawg is going to have 8 titles.

This is hilarious (about Froomes zig zag days in Barloworld). From an interview between CF and Cadel Evans.

CE: I remember well. This is funny. There was a stage which ended on a descent. It was the highest road in Europe – they made a little extra road to make it higher [Col de la Bonnette]. I was watching you and your positioning before the climb, then looked through the results at the finish to see where you were. That evening I told the Lotto team manager, Marc Sergeant, that you were a rider we should sign.
With your experience and what you had physically, and you being from Africa, it gave me faith in you as a rider for the future. I said that you were a rider to watch, that we should get you on the team, and that you were going to go somewhere. It’s easy to say that now but at the time I saw with you being new to the peloton… What people don’t realise is that without experience, the positioning before the climbs when you first go to race in Europe as a pro is far more difficult than they think. I thought you were pretty good!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/chris-froome-and-cadel-evans-interview-each-other-about-races-retirement-and-the-2008-tour/?utm_content=bufferf754b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

You cant make this *** up.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
sniper said:
Benotti69 said:
Not totally unthinkable. All it would need is evidence of Wiggins sticking a needle in his arm or *** on that last day of the dauphine and he's cooked. UKAD/UCI would have to strip him.

I believe the unresolved dispute between Michelle and Kat, that Michelle wants that 2012 title. At the going rate Dawg is going to have 8 titles.
It's good theatre.

So Tony Blair's Spinmeister was called in to rescue the PR disaster created by the lies of Team Sky, prganizes a pressconference for Froomecound to back SDB, but Froomecound rebel and use it as a platform to make a bid for that 2012 tdf title that was rightfully Froomecounds anyway. (If only Yates hadn't ordered froomscound to wait).

I bet Campbell was going berserk internally as it all happened in front of his eyes. "You had one job....."

sniper said:
thehog said:
sniper said:
Benotti69 said:

It's good theatre.

So Tony Blair's Spinmeister was called in to rescue the PR disaster created by the lies of Team Sky, prganizes a pressconference for Froomecound to back SDB, but Froomecound rebel and use it as a platform to make a bid for that 2012 tdf title that was rightfully Froomecounds anyway. (If only Yates hadn't ordered froomscound to wait).

I bet Campbell was going berserk internally as it all happened in front of his eyes. "You had one job....."

Froome goes off script, it's like Mark Fabaini Master of Diaster all over again with Lance. The Dawg is loyal to Lady Dawg not Sir Dave of Dodginess.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

bigcog said:
MmeDesgrange said:

and one of Brailsford's skeletons in the closet

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

doperhopper said:
bigcog said:
MmeDesgrange said:

and one of Brailsford's skeletons in the closet

BOOM, nice call back.

It's a Dawg eat Sir world.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8859/Chris-Froome-Interview-Ive-been-able-to-climb-in-the-front-group-quite-often-this-season.aspx

VN: You were born in Kenya, grew up in South Africa and now ride on a British license. Where do you feel at home?

CF: Good question, I'm still working on the answer to that. It always feels like home going back to Kenya but I normally spend the off season in South Africa where I can train properly and catch up with friends.

spoke about off season in S.A. already in 2011. rider with south-african background trains also in S.A.

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
Did anybody see this? https://antidopingworld.wordpress.com/2017/02/01/who-is-this-dr-stephane-bermon-learning-participants-at-a-iaaf-seminar-spesific-aspects-of-training-female-athletes-in-nairobi/

Pretty thorough info about Doctor Bermon and his links with Vino and Astana.
What's interesting is this part " Dr. Bermon shows in this seminar that he also has knowledge about the “grey areas” inside doping: World Sports Law Report’s: Tackling Doping in Sport 2011 (in association with UK Anti-Doping & Squire Sanders Hammonds, 16-17 March, London [DAY 1] look at session 3 this day: Borderline Issues in Anti-Doping: Scientific and Medical Update. Dr Stephane Bermon (IAAF Medical & Anti-Doping Commission). This lecture analysed how some areas of the prohibited list were not actually black and white, but rather several shades of grey. In particular, the lecture focused on three areas"

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

manuthan15 said:
Did anybody see this? https://antidopingworld.wordpress.com/2017/02/01/who-is-this-dr-stephane-bermon-learning-participants-at-a-iaaf-seminar-spesific-aspects-of-training-female-athletes-in-nairobi/

What's interesting is this part " Dr. Bermon shows in this seminar that he also has knowledge about the “grey areas” inside doping: World Sports Law Report’s: Tackling Doping in Sport 2011 (in association with UK Anti-Doping & Squire Sanders Hammonds, 16-17 March, London [DAY 1] look at session 3 this day: Borderline Issues in Anti-Doping: Scientific and Medical Update. Dr Stephane Bermon (IAAF Medical & Anti-Doping Commission). This lecture analysed how some areas of the prohibited list were not actually black and white, but rather several shades of grey. In particular, the lecture focused on three areas"

Bermon is Froome's dcotor.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

DanielSong39 said:
I don't think Froome is dumb enough to throw Wiggins under the bus; too good a chance that Nibali will "win" his second Tour de France and 5th grand tour.

but cound could throw kath alliterationz under the bus

as Dear Wiggo put it, busthrowundery[sic]

Aghanistan was a proxy war. Iraq may have just been a prologue to the Persians alliterationz

#ladymacbeth
#proxies

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
manuthan15 said:

I know he is. That's why I posted it in this thread. This article is quite recent and shows some info about Bermon that I had never seen before. Article really alleges Bermon is the cause of Froome's transformation when he moved to Monaco in 2011.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

manuthan15 said:
Benotti69 said:
manuthan15 said:

I know he is. That's why I posted it in this thread. This article is quite recent and shows some info about Bermon that I had never seen before. Article really alleges Bermon is the cause of Froome's transformation when he moved to Monaco in 2011.

Be addressed quite a bit in this thread.

Wonder does Froome have an exclusivity clause with Froome a la Ferrari and Armstrong.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Re:

manuthan15 said:

Interesting read, never seen that one before, cheers for the link.
Highly speculative, but interesting.

I can't see any bus maiming happening here. Would be great entertainment though.
What would anyone gain?
Omerta is maintained by shared skeletons innit?
Shared gummibears. Marginal gummibears. Can someone do a video edit of Syed doing marginal gummibears please?

Dan2016 said:
manuthan15 said:

Interesting read, never seen that one before, cheers for the link.
Highly speculative, but interesting.

I can't see any bus maiming happening here. Would be great entertainment though.
What would anyone gain?
Omerta is maintained by shared skeletons innit?
Shared gummibears. Marginal gummibears. Can someone do a video edit of Syed doing marginal gummibears please?

Vengeance.

Pay back for the perceived slights of 2012. For Sir Brad getting the epic win when 'he should have'. For SBW garnering more of the public affection. For all the *** between respective wives.

But I don't think Froome is the guy for the explicit 'bus-throwing'. I think he is the guy for the snide side-swipe and passive-aggressive undermining of SBW and Brailsford, which probably won't be enough to derail the bus.

If there is any bus-throwing, I think it'll come from someone either more volatile in a kind of semi-impulsive, 'scorched earth' purge of bitterness (e.g SBW or Sutton), or someone significantly more lowly, who may well gain much more than they lose (i.e. minor team-member, slighted rider, soigneur or similar who has seen some 'goings on'.) Or perhaps even from a Dr, who already has a substantial amount of money, and perhaps would relish the notoriety of being at a centre of a media storm.