• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 991 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
It is watts per kilo but it should probably more accurately be watts per (height+muscle mass). The oft referenced table suggests 2 W/kg is totally untrained but I don't see many 200 kg people pushing 400 watts. It is not a good indicator for people who have fat to lose.

OK, but the fact he gained over 10kg before taking on the hour record suggests power can't simply be found from corticosteroids and doping alone without weight gain. Assuming he knew what he was doing, he traded more weight for more power, not more weight for same power over the hour or just had too many G&Ts in that year!

Cycle Chic said:
Samhocking....Even doping, you'll still loose power when loosing weight surely?
which is why the only explanation for Froome and his time trialling ability and joining in with the sprinters malarky.....is a motorised bike.
Aye that's right, the best grand tour rider of this generation with all the sports cameras on him and who's had his bike chopped in half on the Ventoux and ran away and left the bike has an engine in his bike, if only you were up on that mountain to prove yourself correct

rick james said:
Cycle Chic said:
which is why the only explanation for Froome and his time trialling ability and joining in with the sprinters malarky.....is a motorised bike.
Aye that's right, the best grand tour rider of this generation, because of magic, with all the sports cameras on him and who's had his bike chopped in half on the Ventoux and ran away and left the bike has an engine in his bike, if only you were up on that mountain to prove yourself correct

Yeah, the best GT rider, who was a nobody...this is getting so old. This stuff doesn't happen overnight. You don't get to 100,000 miles ridden, then all of the sudden become a beast. You either have it, or you don't. He didn't, but then he did. Cycling doesn't work that way. Minor improvements happen, but his improvements weren't minor.

Huapango said:
rick james said:
Cycle Chic said:
Aye that's right, the best grand tour rider of this generation, because of magic, with all the sports cameras on him and who's had his bike chopped in half on the Ventoux and ran away and left the bike has an engine in his bike, if only you were up on that mountain to prove yourself correct

Yeah, the best GT rider, who was a nobody...this is getting so old. This stuff doesn't happen overnight. You don't get to 100,000 miles ridden, then all of the sudden become a beast. You either have it, or you don't. He didn't, but then he did. Cycling doesn't work that way. Minor improvements happen, but his improvements weren't minor.
So, in your opinion transformations can only happen through motors?
So, all his data from 2011 mountain stages at the Vuelta, Tours de France is fictional data? :lol:
All the other GT riders are stupid not to report Froome. Richie Porte is a dumbo who doesnt know/care whether Froome, who is one of his chief rivals is on a motor or not. :lol:
When he leaves his bike on Ventoux knowing that the bike can be inspected by anyone, including the public present in large numbers, there is a motor in his bike.(Having cracked everybody bar Mollema, Porte) :lol:
2 pages ago a poster said motors came in 2013 because Froome was afraid of proven drug cheat AC. :lol: :lol:
Contador is stupid that a motor was switched on and he didnt know when I can count atleast 10 instances from the back of my head where he's died on Froomes wheel.
This is such a silly argument that each time the road goes uphill Froome is activating a motor.
There is a definite self-policing at work in case of motors. At WT level IMO its possible, but none of the big GT guys can afford to have a motor.
As far as your comment on minor improvements....we've seen immense improvements across decades from riders. Do you mean all of them have motors in their bikes?

I dont think pro team riders would risk their reputation having a motor........ its just not worth having their already lucrative career come crashing down in what would be an unforgiving, unforgettable scandal and irretrievable reputation

BUT FROOME NEVER HAD THAT - HE HAD NOTHING TO LOSE ! He was a donkey - so why the hell not ?
just like the many cheating incidents he had no cycling career to lose.

If the degree of cheating was based on having nothing to loose, every nobody would be doing it and becomming champions would they not? At what point does a rider have too much to loose to use a motor? After 4 Tours? Maybe next year it's too much to loose huh? Perhaps he'll just read through the clinic and pick a random theory to replace his motor with any one of a million ways to cheat described within : )

Re:

Cycle Chic said:
I dont think pro team riders would risk their reputation having a motor........ its just not worth having their already lucrative career come crashing down in what would be an unforgiving, unforgettable scandal and irretrievable reputation

BUT FROOME NEVER HAD THAT - HE HAD NOTHING TO LOSE ! He was a donkey - so why the hell not ?
just like the many cheating incidents he had no cycling career to lose.
According to you, every Junior should be on a motor. Hence, every new guy should be on a motor. Hence, eventually, every pro WT rider should be on a motor. Since they didn't have a reputation.

Froome has a reputation now. He's the best GT rider in the world. So, according to you, it's just not worth having their already lucrative career come crashing down in what would be an unforgiving, unforgettable scandal and irretrievable reputation. Hence, no motor. LOGIC FAIL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
If we could prove Froome has a motor or is cheating in some other way, he wouldn't be riding anymore you dummy. All we have now are indications, but don't you worry, proof will emerge sooner or later.

No further question m 'lord, they have no evidence
mrw-when-a-liar-gets-caught-in-their-own-lie-9351.gif

Re: Re:

dacooley said:
LaFlorecita said:
If we could prove Froome has a motor or is cheating in some other way, he wouldn't be riding anymore you dummy. All we have now are indications, but don't you worry, proof will emerge sooner or later.
yes, someone spilling the beans is what many sincerely dream of. ;)
And yet this throbber in the peloton with the most hideous style on the bike who is a rabbit killer and everyone hates hasn't had single bit of evidence against him yet.....ometra baby

Re:

samhocking said:
If the degree of cheating was based on having nothing to loose, every nobody would be doing it and becomming champions would they not? At what point does a rider have too much to loose to use a motor? After 4 Tours? Maybe next year it's too much to loose huh? Perhaps he'll just read through the clinic and pick a random theory to replace his motor with any one of a million ways to cheat described within : )
He's gotten away with whatever he is doing up to now - why change?

Re:

any forum member has his or her forum evolution as after all years go by, nerve gets tougher, emotions give up under the pressure of logics. anyone but you, lf. bertie is an unique and unrepeatable cycling king whilst anyone who started defeating him on a regular basis quickly became your target. there was no rider who made bertie's cycling adventure difficult as much as froome did. and that's a thing which is pretty much impossible to forgive.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
dacooley said:
LaFlorecita said:
yes, someone spilling the beans is what many sincerely dream of. ;)
And yet this throbber in the peloton with the most hideous style on the bike who is a rabbit killer and everyone hates hasn't had single bit of evidence against him yet.....ometra baby

There have been bigger @$$holes in the pro peloton than Froome and still omerta ruled, baby!

dacooley said:
any forum member has his or her forum evolution as after all years go by, nerve gets tougher, emotions give up under the pressure of logics. anyone but you, lf. bertie is an unique and unrepeatable cycling king whilst anyone who started defeating him on a regular basis quickly became your target. there was no rider who made bertie's cycling adventure difficult as much as froome did. and that's a thing which is pretty much impossible to forgive.
I'm not going to speak on behalf of La Flo, but I would guess she doesn't give a flying *** about Froome. Pretty much as every one else does that knows anything about cycling. The guy is a fraud, I just love the *** idiots on here who support and defend him. Go watch Pro wrestling. You can believe and get yourself off on that.

ferryman said:
dacooley said:
I'm not going to speak on behalf of La Flo, but I would guess she doesn't give a flying **** about Froome. Pretty much as every one else does that knows anything about cycling. The guy is a fraud, I just love the **** idiots on here who support and defend him. Go watch Pro wrestling. You can believe and get yourself off on that.
Fraud just like proven drug-cheat Contador? :lol:
Suppose you've been watching Wrestling for a long time now. Hows that Batista bomb? :lol: :lol:

silvergrenade said:
ferryman said:
dacooley said:
I'm not going to speak on behalf of La Flo, but I would guess she doesn't give a flying **** about Froome. Pretty much as every one else does that knows anything about cycling. The guy is a fraud, I just love the **** idiots on here who support and defend him. Go watch Pro wrestling. You can believe and get yourself off on that.
Suppose you've been watching Wrestling for a long time now. Hows that Batista bomb? :lol: :lol:
The difference LaFlo and you is she knows Procycling is a cesspool of drugs and that her favorite rider is a doper. She still likes him. Good for her. he still enjoys the show. And like Ferryman says, she doesn't give a flying *** about Froome.
You on the other hand don't have a *** clue or just refuses to open your eyes because you're 12yrs old. When Froome gets busted, then you will forget all about him. At least you won't have to sell the bike you don't have

veganrob said:
silvergrenade said:
ferryman said:
dacooley said:
The difference LaFlo and you is she knows Procycling is a cesspool of drugs and that her favorite rider is a doper. She still likes him. Good for her. he still enjoys the show. And like Ferryman says, she doesn't give a flying **** about Froome.
You on the other hand don't have a **** clue or just refuses to open your eyes because you're 12yrs old. When Froome gets busted, then you will forget all about him. At least you won't have to sell the bike you don't have
Someones being a little judgemental, no?
I dont give a rats ass what the poster you refer to thinks. Zilch.
Have you even read my posts?
Contador fans come on here and howl and cry. We know why they are here.
How about this? Froome is a doper. I still like him. Good for me? Above 12 now?
Double standards much? :lol:

ferryman said:
dacooley said:

ahaha, no? so why she is so curious about the alleged motor, why did she call his son "stupid child" a few years ago, why does she post often in the Froome thread etc etc. Alberto´s fans can´t fathom Froome beating Alberto

silvergrenade said:
veganrob said:
silvergrenade said:
ferryman said:
dacooley said:
The difference LaFlo and you is she knows Procycling is a cesspool of drugs and that her favorite rider is a doper. She still likes him. Good for her. he still enjoys the show. And like Ferryman says, she doesn't give a flying **** about Froome.
You on the other hand don't have a **** clue or just refuses to open your eyes because you're 12yrs old. When Froome gets busted, then you will forget all about him. At least you won't have to sell the bike you don't have
Someones being a little judgemental, no?
I dont give a rats *** what the poster you refer to thinks. Zilch.
Have you even read my posts?
Contador fans come on here and howl and cry. We know why they are here.
How about this? Froome is a doper. I still like him. Good for me? Above 12 now?
Double standards much? :lol:

bloomin 'eck most contributors on here are not any particular riders 'fans', they are lovers of the sport and the events...riders come and go...if you want "my guy is better than your guy" then take that to a different forum please....

ferryman said:
dacooley said:
you are clearly got carried away by emotions. froome has his strong suits and shortcomings to be liked or hated exactly as any other cyclist does. speaking for all the fans who supposedly know anything about cycling is not the best thing to do. yes, he is a doper, but admiring/defending him being normal is what you have big difficulties to put up with.

TRENDING THREADS