• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1020 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

That day will be when we will found that FROOME used a MOTOR on ventoux , but in the mind of people with a little bit of intelligence that is a certain thing[/quote]

I have a little bit of intelligence. I once got a gold star at school to prove it. It's not a certain thing in my mind.[/quote]
Right you have a bit of intelligence is not a certain thing is an ALMOST certain thing[/quote]

No, not even close to being probable in my mind.

Todays events have been seismic in terms of the doping debate; he's shifted from highly suspicious but innocent until proven guilty, to now being guilty until proven innocent in my mind.

My views on the whole motors debate hasn't shifted one bit though. In fact, why would he bother with PED's just to sit on a motorbike.[/quote]
come on froome venotux in 2013 was not credible to do that Attacks on the saddle at 850 watt and with that cadence i DO NOT BELIEVE , and the truth about that will not be made because uci had to dismantle froome bike that day[/quote]

Froome on Ventoux 2013 was incredible (beyond belief), we agree on that. Jaw dropping, i still watch it back regularly and just marvel at the sheer fantasy of it.

But i don't believe motors were behind it. You clearly do and that's cool. These forums would be boring if we all had the same opinions

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

You know the game is up when 70 year old cricket commentators are taking the mickey:

David 'Bumble' Lloyd‏ @BumbleCricket

"I was asthmatic at school ...it was down to my dads aviary ....I bet these lads all keep budgerigars"

Don't tell Bumble about Femke and the motor and the stolen budgies FFS :lol:

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

brownbobby said:
That day will be when we will found that FROOME used a MOTOR on ventoux , but in the mind of people with a little bit of intelligence that is a certain thing

I have a little bit of intelligence. I once got a gold star at school to prove it. It's not a certain thing in my mind.[/quote]
Right you have a bit of intelligence is not a certain thing is an ALMOST certain thing[/quote]

No, not even close to being probable in my mind.

Todays events have been seismic in terms of the doping debate; he's shifted from highly suspicious but innocent until proven guilty, to now being guilty until proven innocent in my mind.

My views on the whole motors debate hasn't shifted one bit though. In fact, why would he bother with PED's just to sit on a motorbike.[/quote]
come on froome venotux in 2013 was not credible to do that Attacks on the saddle at 850 watt and with that cadence i DO NOT BELIEVE , and the truth about that will not be made because uci had to dismantle froome bike that day[/quote]

Froome on Ventoux 2013 was incredible (beyond belief), we agree on that. Jaw dropping, i still watch it back regularly and just marvel at the sheer fantasy of it.

But i don't believe motors were behind it. You clearly do and that's cool. These forums would be boring if we all had the same opinions[/quote]
of course i 'm super ok with that , but we can agree that the suspect behind that incredibles Attacks in the saddle will never go out

Re:

Irondan said:
Everyone laughing at Chris Froome, Sky, Dave Brailsford and all the other hypocrites out there that no doubt deserve this fate seem to be missing the bigger picture in that this is AWFUL for pro cycling! A four time Tour De France champion has just been given back an AAF and people are laughing about it like it's funny or good for cycling when it's not funny at all, although it does feel good to be proven right it's not a laughing matter if you're a fan of pro cycling. I suppose the snipers of the world are having a good time with this but personally, I think this is just another black mark on a sport that has too many black marks to it's credit.

I love pro cycling and feel like I've been punched in the gut even though I'm not at all a Chris Froome or Team Sky fan.

Someday, all these doping scandals are going to catch up to the sport, is this the day? :(

It was just a matter of time and you had to know it Irondan. I knew it was inevitable, I just didn't expect it to happen this soon. I anticipated maybe a couple of years after he retired that someone(s) would step up with proof. i can't say that I'm disappointed as I was prepared for it. Of course it's not good for the sport but until the sport actually polices itself first of all, then this will be like a scratched record playing the same melody over and over. Joining the MPCC should be mandatory and this and other revealed details about Sky's "marginal gains" strategy, explains why they refused to join in spite of claiming to be saviour of a clean sport.

Re:

Singer01 said:
How many GT's do the Contador fans now think Froome has won?
Seems 5 on paper and 5 on the road so far. What happened on the road won't change, but what happened on paper may yet change.

In any case, I think there's an argument that clen and salbutamol are quite similar in effects

http://sci-hub.la/10.1016/0026-0495(94)90054-x

It's a rat study, but clen is a bit more potent, but Conti had way lower concentrations, and clen has a way longer half time.

pastronef said:
Irondan said:
Everyone laughing at Chris Froome, Sky, Dave Brailsford and all the other hypocrites out there that no doubt deserve this fate seem to be missing the bigger picture in that this is AWFUL for pro cycling! A four time Tour De France champion has just been given back an AAF and people are laughing about it like it's funny or good for cycling when it's not funny at all, although it does feel good to be proven right it's not a laughing matter if you're a fan of pro cycling. I suppose the snipers of the world are having a good time with this but personally, I think this is just another black mark on a sport that has too many black marks to it's credit.

I love pro cycling and feel like I've been punched in the gut even though I'm not at all a Chris Froome or Team Sky fan.

Someday, all these doping scandals are going to catch up to the sport, is this the day? :(

havent you heard?
that is a great day for cycling

even the people and members, the wiser ones, are fans and have their bad riders to cheer against. doping is not considered a problem very much.

when Sky and the Brits will crash dow, cycling will go back to its status quo, with the main traditional nations winning, as it has to be. finally freed and hallelujah, Italian French Colombians Spanish will again be strong and win GT for the joy of us all
;)
do they dope? yes, who cares, we want the show

Poor set upon Sky. By no fault of their own they are singled out as the scourge of professional cycling. It is a conspiracy of epidemic proportions. There should be an investigation immediately!

Angliru said:
Irondan said:

It was just a matter of time and you had to know it Irondan. I knew it was inevitable, I just didn't expect it to happen this soon. I anticipated maybe a couple of years after he retired that someone(s) would step up with proof. i can't say that I'm disappointed as I was prepared for it. Of course it's not good for the sport but until the sport actually polices itself first of all, then this will be like a scratched record playing the same melody over and over. Joining the MPCC should be mandatory and this and other revealed details about Sky's "marginal gains" strategy, explains why they refused to join in spite of claiming to be saviour of a clean sport.
I knew it was a matter of time, I just wasn't prepared for it right now just as you said, I thought it would be after he retired when someone would spill the beans. It's not that I didn't think it would happen, I just think that people being happy about the biggest rider in the sport getting popped need to realize that the repercussions could very well be catastrophic to the sport for years and years. Pro cycling may look a lot different by this time next year and we might not like what we see. The unintended consequences of Chris Froome's AAF will be far-reaching.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Irondan said:

But the thing is, you already *knew* Froome had bent and broken the rules, you just didn't know how. As I showed, he had a >10% permanent increase in FTP in a short span during the 2011 season. The numbers were highly statistically significant and had few plausible, let alone credible, explanations.

John Swanson

ScienceIsCool said:
Irondan said:

But the thing is, you already *knew* Froome had bent and broken the rules, you just didn't know how. As I showed, he had a >10% permanent increase in FTP in a short span during the 2011 season. The numbers were highly statistically significant and had few plausible, let alone credible, explanations.

John Swanson
How could you not know?

The "transformation" in 2011 was ridiculous...

I'm not happy that Froome cheats, but since he does and I cannot change that, I'm happy that he got caught. I don't care about the consequences as I've long accepted that burning the whole thing down might be the only solution and ultimately I don't think pro cycling is so important that I should ignore people dealing with controlled substances, engaging in fraudulent economic operations or what have you.

Angliru said:
Irondan said:

Once again cycling is a victim of its past and doing itself no favours in securing a brighter future.

We still don't know what we're dealing with here, it could be the tip of a systematic doping programme, it could be an example of Froome trying to push up against the boundaries of what's legal and getting it slightly wrong, or it could all be proven to be innocent and proven so with the subsequent testing and investigation.

We'll all have our own views on how this will likely turn out.

But as far as the general public are concerned, none of this matters. This is cycling, cycling's biggest star and the team who you either love or hate.

For most people, they may as well have switched the TV on this morning to see Froome sat an Oprah's sofa, hooked up to a bloodbag with his body covered in testerone patches, just repeating 'yes' to every question Oprah throws at him. You can hardly blame them when some of the posters on here even seem to have reacted in that way.

Trivia like this gets ignored every day in most sports. But this is cycling :eek:

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

ScienceIsCool said:

John Swanson

And you still don't know how, because clearly Salbutamol isn't it.

Rollthedice said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Yeah the motor truth will have to come from Froome himself ala Lance tell all.
But unlike Lance it will not be at Oprah but rather on The Grand Tour with Jeremy Clarkson.

I'd quite like a Jeremy Kyle style episode with lie detector test followed by live airing of drug testing results. Clinic members as audience, Cound foaming at the mouth next to Froome to increase the drama and bait for the audience.

GenericBoonenFan said:
old man peanut said:

Saying people with asthma shouldn't be doing competitive sport is like saying people with glasses shouldn't be allowed to drive a car since they're slightly hampered by a condition they can't control. Although I myself never seeked measurements like Froome when doing competitive sports.

Look at wellens, he has a heat allergy and therefore decided to not ride in the hottest conditions (tdf).
:lol: :lol: Your grapes to watermelons comparison! Driving your car to the spa isn't the same as competing in athletic events.

TRENDING THREADS