• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1148 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
pastronef said:
brownbobby said:
I'll tell you what the problem is, purely on a personal level, you can think how you want to think for yourself...

Chris Froome is a cyclist, balance of probability says he's doping. He'll join a long list of others in this regard. He gets more stick because he's good at it. That's fine. All fair game....

Light hearted banter is one thing, I'm happy to join in with that....but then it escalates. For some there's a rabid desperation to prove that C.F. and everyone associated with him is the devil incarnate....His wife is evil, his 2 year old kid is stupid, the pets he kept as a adolescent in Africa and the way he fed them evil. Relationship with the Father who left him and his Mum to fend for themselves. Evil.

We know **** all about sports people and their families except what a carefully crafted PR machine wants us to know. Unless you really do know him personally?

So, CF the cyclist. Fair game. A bit of banter about him being under the thumb. I'm in. Beyond that...I'm out.

If that makes me a Froome apologist...I'm cool with that too. Could say I'm even proud of it.

completely agree

Sport's people are these days more than that...marketing themselves is as much part of some's package than others e.g. through social media and traditional media. Michelle is very 'active in CF's career, (career in the wider sense of the word and not just what he does on the road).

Bearing this in mind the comment I made seems entirely appropriate.

As per the the above interview......they come as a package

As an aside, it was Walsh and Froome (who knows, maybe even michelle ;) ) who introduced us to the rabbit stealing young Froome...that it may have backfired is hardly the fault of anyone who thinks it's rather strange behaviour.....

Again, do you realize his wife is running his WHOLE CAREER? To me it looks like you don't.
She interfered numerous times. She blocks people left and right on his twitter account, she argues with people all the time on this same HIS account, she explains stuff about his husband, stuff he should talk about, not her, and you have a problem when someone points that she literally runs his career.
And on top of that, you don't have a problem about that fact, you want to create some situation here, as like someone talks bad about Froome's wife, kid, pets, dad...! No one does!
It was simply stated that his wife runs his career, which is very probably true. She was seeking for attention and she got it!
And why are you turning this into which hunt is beyond me :confused:

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
brownbobby said:
LaFlorecita said:
She is his nutrionist, PR manager and personal trainer... a talented lady

Please don't make it sound like she's a normal athlete's wife. You can't deny she very prominently positions herself at the head of Froome's career. Name me one cyclist whose wife is as involved in her husband's career as she is.

You're right, she's not just a normal athletes wife...all that stuff she allegedly does....Sounds like an awesome wife to me :p

Seems like Froome is quite happy with his choice of wife and mother of his child too....guess that's just as important as what we think of her...

Naah, despite of having a wife who made him a multiple millionaire and gave birth to his son he can't be happy knowing there's not too much love against her/him (and their stupid kid*) in the Clinic :lol:

*according to a poster of this forum :eek:

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
pastronef said:
brownbobby said:
I'll tell you what the problem is, purely on a personal level, you can think how you want to think for yourself...

Chris Froome is a cyclist, balance of probability says he's doping. He'll join a long list of others in this regard. He gets more stick because he's good at it. That's fine. All fair game....

Light hearted banter is one thing, I'm happy to join in with that....but then it escalates. For some there's a rabid desperation to prove that C.F. and everyone associated with him is the devil incarnate....His wife is evil, his 2 year old kid is stupid, the pets he kept as a adolescent in Africa and the way he fed them evil. Relationship with the Father who left him and his Mum to fend for themselves. Evil.

We know **** all about sports people and their families except what a carefully crafted PR machine wants us to know. Unless you really do know him personally?

So, CF the cyclist. Fair game. A bit of banter about him being under the thumb. I'm in. Beyond that...I'm out.

If that makes me a Froome apologist...I'm cool with that too. Could say I'm even proud of it.

completely agree

Yup. Good post.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Blanco said:
Again, do you realize his wife is running his WHOLE CAREER?
Oh! My! God! Husband and wife work together to further their joint economic interests! Talk about the permissive society! She needs to get back to the kitchen or get back to making babies! When will this perversity ever end?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

fmk_RoI said:
Blanco said:
Oh! My! God! Husband and wife work together to further their joint economic interests! Talk about the permissive society! She needs to get back to the kitchen or get back to making babies! When will this perversity ever end?

He cried why his wife is mentioned, I told him why. Skip the lecture :rolleyes:

Re:

Blanco said:
Again, do you realize his wife is running his WHOLE CAREER? To me it looks like you don't.
She interfered numerous times. She blocks people left and right on his twitter account, she argues with people all the time on this same HIS account, she explains stuff about his husband, stuff he should talk about, not her, and you have a problem when someone points that she literally runs his career.
And on top of that, you don't have a problem about that fact, you want to create some situation here, as like someone talks bad about Froome's wife, kid, pets, dad...! No one does!
It was simply stated that his wife runs his career, which is very probably true. She was seeking for attention and she got it!

Firstly, I was engaging in the banter....then you asked me directly what my problem was. So I obligingly told you, wouldn't have bought the rest up otherwise.

To the bolded bit...you need to read back through this forum if you believe that...I've only been here a few months and I've seen plenty of it.

So she runs his whole career? So what...it seems to be an arrangement they're mutually happy with.

You miss my point that I really don't care what she does, the personal relationships and arrangements between CF and MF are outside my zone of interest. I did clarify that was my opinion and its up to you if its something that you want to feel strongly about.

And a final confession, fwiw, I would do almost everything within my power to defend and improve the prospects for my closest family. Absolutely no doubt that I would lie, cheat and fight like an alleycat if I thought it would protect them from harm.

I guess that makes me as bad as Michelle :eek:

Blanco said:
fmk_RoI said:
Blanco said:

Read what you write:
She interfered numerous times.
Seriously, that sounds like you're living in Victorian England.

fmk_RoI said:
Blanco said:
fmk_RoI said:
Blanco said:

Read what you write:
She interfered numerous times.
Seriously, that sounds like you're living in Victorian England.

ahahah! she interfered! :D

Blanco said:
Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:
Froome's been on borrowed time since Vuelta 2011...he'll eek out career for as long as Michelle tells him....

Nice one.Classic Clinic stuff. If ya can't knock down the rider ... try his wife. True colors shining.

You do know that his wife is basically running his whole career?

Well ... call me old fashion ... but I probably don’t spend as much time ... (as you imply I should?) ... focusing on the spouses of athletes whom I’m following. Whatya think big Blanco ... am I missing out, bro?

brownbobby said:
Blanco said:
brownbobby said:
Blanco said:
Alpe73 said:
Nice one.Classic Clinic stuff. If ya can't knock down the rider ... try his wife. True colors shining.

You do know that his wife is basically running his whole career?

Feckin women eh?

Going round supporting their husbands. Defending their husbands. Wanting the best outcomes for their families.

Feckin women....someone needs to remind them of their place in this world

:confused: You followed earlier conversation?
If you did, what's the problem then?
If you didn't, well next time you do!

completely agree

brownbobby said:
Blanco said:

Firstly, I was engaging in the banter....then you asked me directly what my problem was. So I obligingly told you, wouldn't have bought the rest up otherwise.

To the bolded bit...you need to read back through this forum if you believe that...I've only been here a few months and I've seen plenty of it.

So she runs his whole career? So what...it seems to be an arrangement they're mutually happy with.

You miss my point that I really don't care what she does, the personal relationships and arrangements between CF and MF are outside my zone of interest. I did clarify that was my opinion and its up to you if its something that you want to feel strongly about.

And a final confession, fwiw, I would do almost everything within my power to defend and improve the prospects for my closest family. Absolutely no doubt that I would lie, cheat and fight like an alleycat if I thought it would protect them from harm.

Firstly, you were complaining about involving Froome's wife into conversation.
I told you why.
Than you brought all the which hunt stuff.
I told you that is not the case here, at least with me.
And now you asks so what if she runs his whole career? I don't mind, I only pointed to the fact that the reason why she's mentioned is precisely that.

gillan1969 said:
pastronef said:
brownbobby said:

completely agree

Sport's people are these days more than that...marketing themselves is as much part of some's package than others e.g. through social media and traditional media. Michelle is very 'active in CF's career, (career in the wider sense of the word and not just what he does on the road).

As an aside, it was Walsh and Froome (who knows, maybe even michelle ;) ) who introduced us to the rabbit stealing young Froome...that it may have backfired is hardly the fault of anyone who thinks it's rather strange behaviour.....

Like I said ... your true colors are shining, Gillian. You've played your big hand early, bro. Good luck moving forward. :)

Blanco said:
brownbobby said:
Blanco said:

Firstly, you were complaining about involving Froome's wife into conversation.
I told you why.
Than you brought all the which hunt stuff.
I told you that is not the case here, at least with me.
And now you asks so what if she runs his whole career? I don't mind, I only pointed to the fact that the reason why she's mentioned is precisely that.

OK. What we both have and havent said is still there for anyone to see. Sometimes you reach a point in discussion where you realise it's going nowhere. You and I are now at that point...enjoy the rest of your day :)

Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:
pastronef said:
brownbobby said:

completely agree

Like I said ... your true colors are shining, Gillian. You've played your big hand early, bro. Good luck moving forward. :)

horse, water...stay thirsty alpe ;)

miguelindurain111 said:
pastronef said:
brownbobby said:

completely agree

Yup. Good post.
Nope bad post IMHO (no reason given either - why bother to up the informed debate another gear?)

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Jesus effing Christ FMK.

That's the sound of an elastic band.

And no wonder ... Clinic bin goin all out these winta munths ... tryin git ouh man. Full court press by the Clinic (how many)! Back in d' day ... we'd had a big Mutha Fuckin posse behind us. Wheh'd ya'all go!?! :)

TRENDING THREADS